Do You Believe This Quote From Stickman Is True?

vrsushi

Can't say I'm a fan of Stickman, but he's a lot more interesting than that crank Notstickman who tries to be his nemesis but just looks a madman.

Stickman has always put himself across as being successful and as having his life completely sorted in Thailand, but when the whistle blower did his blowing, it turned out that he's just another ducker and diver whose living isn't exactly on the level.

He had his day, like Trink. I think most people have moved on. I have.

I was always curious as to whether or not Mrs. Stickman was an ex-whore or not. Did anyone ever get to the bottom of that literally or figuratively? Her english always seemed a little bit too "practical" so either she was being ghost written by Stick himself or the colloquial expressions she used were from, shall we say, other "experiences" in life.

Edited by wintermute

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was always curious as to whether or not Mrs. Stickman was an ex-whore or not. Did anyone ever get to the bottom of that literally or figuratively? Her english always seemed a little bit too "practical" so either she was being ghost written by Stick himself or the colloquial expressions she used were from, shall we say, other "experiences" in life.

I would suggest that whilst ex-whores might have a good command of spoken English, their written would not be at the standard that Mrs Stickman's (should that be ex-Mrs?) supposedly was.

Either way, i don't think such speculation is very gentlemanly. My assumption was that she was simply well educated and that Stick proof-read her replies. Who knows? Who cares? PST perhaps...

This is all totally pointless. To the extent that some retired expat residents in Thailand may be bored, Stickman has no way of knowing how many of them would be equally bored living in their own country, and probably has no statistics either for the number of Thai retirees who are bored with their daily existence in Thailand.

I'm bored with all this....

I asked for a rubber re -bore

They gave me Stick man

He's just for support you need rebar

unless you got offshore deposit

foreign relations or

Dubyaa Bushstrokes

if your really bored theres poopdoor,Sudoku and for masochists Oz

It was formerly for enterprising English touts,lairy Scots and recalcitrant Irish

They have all been re-directed to Splattaya :):D

How could anyone bebored in a Land where the comics page is the ploiticians the police and thieves are Jekyll and Hide

200 sorts of snakes mating Pandas and 7 on bike obviosly not enuff yabbadabbledont or too long in Soi Cowpoke

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone reading Stickman must be bored :)

Sorry Sabijai,

Have to disagree wholeheartedly with that one. If you are talking quantity over quality, with occasional helpful info thrown in amongst for what is mostly garbage posts written by disgruntled farangs, then Thai Visa would be my first choice. However, for up-to-date info on whats is going on, you cannot beat Stickman's weekly column hands down.

I enjoy the stickman site, it is not a forum and you can't really participate on a daily basis. It does give some very good advice at times but is often slightly too cynical in some areas (for example I personally don't believe there is any real difference between the 'good girl' stickman promotes and the 'bar girl' he says avoid)

Recent good advice, don't keep your passport where you live, so in event of you falling foul of the boys in brown, they can't take it away and hence can't stop you leaving the country.

Thai Visa is a forum and has more for those who want to interact with others, but it is also full of trolls whose only pleasure in life appears to be flaming others. Just take a look at some of the posts in this thread. I assume the trolls must be those people who stickman claims are the bored out of their minds in Thailand.

Anyway, I'm retired in Thailand and not at all bored, dreading a trip back to the UK to face the evil ex in court though. Wish I could stay here forever and just forget the fleecing of the husbands garbage that makes many of us avoid the western world and the money grabbing western women.

I read Stickman's weekly column, for me it is a must read. I know alot about the nightlife here as I work in a business related to it. And I think it is intresting to catch up on the gossip. Stickman knows many people and writes intresting articals.

For I also agree that there are many bored old people living in Los. There are a few bored young ones as well.

Looking at any bar, many just sitting there looking down at their drink, or off into space rubbing their chin as to be deep in thought,

Yes, they look worse than bored,

they"re probably thinking, ... Beam me back up Scotty.

I have no way of knowing whether Thailand is "full of bored retirees". However, sometimes Sticky has some interesting and valid points.

Comparing TV to Stickman is apples and pears. His site caters to a different set and is NOT a forum.

I guess many people get bored sometimes. I do as well. Rarely in Thailand though. Being bored is normal.

What I knew quite quickly was this: If I would move to Thailand and just do the bar scene everyday, I would be seriously bored.

I enjoy reading Stick's column sometimes, but I usually skip the bit about the bars. I don't care if you pay 120baht for a beer in Nana or whatever. I usually read the submissions as well. If they are about some guy moaning about being done over by an ex-BG or freelancer then I press the back button. I even submitted a few stories myself.

What I miss is Mangosauce and Schoocher. Now THAT was funny.

I enjoy the stickman site, it is not a forum and you can't really participate on a daily basis. It does give some very good advice at times but is often slightly too cynical in some areas (for example I personally don't believe there is any real difference between the 'good girl' stickman promotes and the 'bar girl' he says avoid)

Recent good advice, don't keep your passport where you live, so in event of you falling foul of the boys in brown, they can't take it away and hence can't stop you leaving the country.

Thai Visa is a forum and has more for those who want to interact with others, but it is also full of trolls whose only pleasure in life appears to be flaming others. Just take a look at some of the posts in this thread. I assume the trolls must be those people who stickman claims are the bored out of their minds in Thailand.

Anyway, I'm retired in Thailand and not at all bored, dreading a trip back to the UK to face the evil ex in court though. Wish I could stay here forever and just forget the fleecing of the husbands garbage that makes many of us avoid the western world and the money grabbing western women.

Come on pj ... "good advice" ????????? The occurrences of farangs "falling foul" of the bib ..... then avoiding detention ????? .... because they had secreted their passport elsewhere ..... hmmmmmm !! Sounds like a great plan!!

Righto--- thanks Stick --- I'm off to bury it in the back yard --- that's sure to fix those rascally bib every time they try this!! :):D

Yeah, so come & live in Thailand where it's completely different... :)

I have no way of knowing whether Thailand is "full of bored retirees". However, sometimes Sticky has some interesting and valid points.

Comparing TV to Stickman is apples and pears. His site caters to a different set and is NOT a forum.

I guess many people get bored sometimes. I do as well. Rarely in Thailand though. Being bored is normal.

What I knew quite quickly was this: If I would move to Thailand and just do the bar scene everyday, I would be seriously bored.

I enjoy reading Stick's column sometimes, but I usually skip the bit about the bars. I don't care if you pay 120baht for a beer in Nana or whatever. I usually read the submissions as well. If they are about some guy moaning about being done over by an ex-BG or freelancer then I press the back button. I even submitted a few stories myself.

What I miss is Mangosauce and Schoocher. Now THAT was funny.

yeah mangosauce was very good.shame google pulled the plug!