Scanner And Printer Replacement

mahtin

Soon to be moving to TL, I am having to ditch a flatbed scanner and a laser printer.

Are any of these new-fangled one-stop machines any good, or would I be better off with separate units again?

I am not a business, just infrequent personal use. Low budget answers preferred.

Thanks.

I use a HP Deskjet F380 all in one and have done so for a couple of years now. I also have one for general office use and both work well. The wife has an updated version of the same style HP printer and she's happy with it. They're about the size of a carton of canned drinks. The last time I checked they were priced just under 3,000 Baht. They take a common HP 21 and 22 ink cartridge with replacement cartridges costing around the 900 Baht range.

I use a HP Deskjet F380 all in one and have done so for a couple of years now. I also have one for general office use and both work well. The wife has an updated version of the same style HP printer and she's happy with it. They're about the size of a carton of canned drinks. The last time I checked they were priced just under 3,000 Baht. They take a common HP 21 and 22 ink cartridge with replacement cartridges costing around the 900 Baht range.

does this HP model have software built-in to create .pdf files from scanned documents or does one have to purchase the adobe package for this purpose?

oldgeezer take another look for HP prices, the price I mentioned was from Tesco about 3 months ago for a COLOR printer, scanner/copier, no fax.

tutsi, the printer comes with 2 CD’s. One is the driver software. The other is HP photosmart essentials.

File type saving options are Bitmap, Jpeg, Tiff + Tiff compressed, Gif, PNG, PCX and FlashPix.

I am about to purchase a HP K209A 3 in 1. My main reason for selecting this make and model is the low cost of the ink cartridges, 320 Baht each, genuine HP ink cartridges.

I made the mistake of using ink refills on my little Canon printer. The printhead failed. I took it to a shop and found out a new printhead cost 2,500 baht. I bought a new HP F 4280 for about the same price as the Canon printhead. The HP is an all in one and works great. The printing, scanning and copy quality are surprisingly good for such a cheap printer. A black ink cartridge costs 550 baht and a color 650 baht. The black is good for 200 pages and the color 165 pages. For no more than I use it, it should last for a long time.

does this HP model have software built-in to create .pdf files from scanned documents or does one have to purchase the adobe package for this purpose?

To create .pdf files, you do not need any printer at all. You can just download the free "Cute PDF Writer" and the necessary "Free Converter" here: http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/Writer.asp Just print your files to this imaginary printer, and you have the most perfect .pdf files totally free.

I am very satisfied with my HP Deskjet F4280 All-In-One printer. I don`t remember the exact price, but I am sure that it was not much more than 3-4000 Bath.

At the guesthouse, the multifunction Brother DCP-150C has been humming along for many months now. We just add ink to the ink-tank about every month. Got the machine at "Big C" for 2370Baht. In hindsight, a really good deal. Don't remember the price of the later ink-tank addon. But, wasn't much. And, has been worth it.

Yes, I second. The "Cute PDF Writer" is exactly that. I use it to create pdf documents in order to fax them.

I made the mistake of using ink refills on my little Canon printer. The printhead failed. I took it to a shop and found out a new printhead cost 2,500 baht. I bought a new HP F 4280 for about the same price as the Canon printhead. The HP is an all in one and works great. The printing, scanning and copy quality are surprisingly good for such a cheap printer. A black ink cartridge costs 550 baht and a color 650 baht. The black is good for 200 pages and the color 165 pages. For no more than I use it, it should last for a long time.

HP, Lexmark and Dell printers have the printhead built into the cartridge so replacing the cartridge also solves any printhead problems. Canon all-in-ones seems to come top of a lot of reviews.

for the products that we are discussing is the driver software generally available to download or must the supplied CD (if any) be used for the installation?...presently using a netbook y'see and ain't got no CD facility...could buy an external one, I suppose...

If you're talking about CutePDF and PrimoPDF they're both free downloads from the net. They install themselves as printer drivers and allow you to pring anything into a PDF format file. If you're talking about HP printer drivers they're usually available on their website as well as on the included CDs.

I have upgraded to Windows 7 Pro. I was a little concerned about the HP printer drivers. I plugged in the printer and was surprised the Win 7 installed the drivers from within the OS and everything works great. The HP CD has all sorts of junk included that irritated me. I deleted some of the junk while using Win XP and had to re-install a lot of the junk to get the printer working again.