Respiratory Doctor In Bkk

whichschool

Im 34 and have had respiratory problems for about 10 years with the doctors saying i have Asthma, these inhalers have stopped me getting as many chest infections as i used to, however ive a chronic cough and shortness of breath which the doctors in the UK havent got to the bottom of due to my job which involves me being out the country a lot of the time, hence ive missed several appointments.

Ive had a chest x ray which came back ok (slight scaring) and later a spirometory test which showed my lungs not to be in the best of shape. (that of a 50 odd yr old)

Anyway i go to the gym 3/4 times a week aswell as running 45 minutes 3 times a week, dont drink too much and dont smoke (well a bit of weed now and then) but the problem persits where i can cough to the point of being sick when its really bad or just cough constantly when its normal.

So what i'm looking for is a doctor who will do the full checks and tests and do whaever is possible to get to the bottom of the problem so if anyone an recommend a hospital and can give me a rought guide on prices id be more then grateful, i dont overly trust doctors so one that someone has spent time with and personally recommends would be ideal.

Edited by whichschool

Give lady MD Dr Paneeda Chandapasa at Vibhavadi General Hospital on Ngam Wong Wan a try.

July 2008 I suddenly came down with breathing problems, tried an inhaler. Early August had areal bad night so taxied down to Vibha to check it out. Nurses obviously saw that I was in trouble and put me down on a table with oxygen up the nose and a "mist mask," I guess you'd call it.

Dr Paneeda came in in a bit and said I'd be spending the night. Checked in and again with the oxy up the nose and the mist mask.

Next morning I felt fine. She ran some tests then put me on Symbicort twice a day. Along with Nasonex for a real long standing nasal problem. She said I have asthma, I said that's a kid's disease, she look up Adult Onset Asthma, and surprise, that's what I have.

I go back to see her about every three months for a status check, last visit on the 25th, doing fine. She told me to cut back on the Symbicort to once a day to see how that works.

In any case, NO problems since my first visit August 2008.

Dr Paneeda seems quite knowledgeable, has pretty good English, better than my Thai, so we get along fine.

This last visit set me back baht 410, not too bad I thought.

http://www.vibhavadi.com/en/home.php

Mac