Most Famous Friends In Thailand?

bkkmadness

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Riicccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!"

Bianca lived up above my Mum's friend in Popular.

Brother often see Frank Bruno doing his daily jog through Hainult (Franks jog, not my borthers, lazy sod :D ).

Mum see Stave Davis in Dixons in Romford, came home and said "he's a bit scruffy in real life" :o

"Rollo"(?) from Grange Hill works in an Ilford record shop.

Met Jimmy White and Stephen Hendry last year when they came out to play snooker, Jimmy just started talking about charlie, and Hendry was a bit of a nob end.

I see this thread has dropped from famous friends in Thailand to who you p.issed upthe wall with, ah well, still works for me :D

did the "roots" routine, and went back to china to see where my ancestors came from. when I met the relatives, I asked them if there was any famous ancestors. he replied nope. all farmers. going back over 2000 years.

...was I disappointed. no. I think they did a pretty good job. ...I'm here.

life is great. life is grand. ..when you are in thailand.

My brother-in-law met his hero Jimmy Page. He was the lawyer responsible for selling him Alasdair Crowely house in Inverness.

I nearly had a fight with Matthew Kelly years ago. He was a real ######, lucky my mate dragged us apart as the guy is massive, must be about 6' 5".

Sat next to Nico from the Velvet underground in a seedy Scottish bar. Noone else knew who she was. Wish I could remember what we talked about.

Edited by Neeranam

"Riicccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!"

Bianca lived up above my Mum's friend in Popular.

Brother often see Frank Bruno doing his daily jog through Hainult (Franks jog, not my borthers, lazy sod :D ).

Mum see Stave Davis in Dixons in Romford, came home and said "he's a bit scruffy in real life" :o

"Rollo"(?) from Grange Hill works in an Ilford record shop.

Met Jimmy White and Stephen Hendry last year when they came out to play snooker, Jimmy just started talking about charlie, and Hendry was a bit of a nob end.

I see this thread has dropped from famous friends in Thailand to who you p.issed upthe wall with, ah well, still works for me :D

We were on the bus going home from school once in South St Romford and Rolly was at the bus stop outside McDonalds.

Zammo's bird Jackie used to live in Hornchurch. :D

Me and Ricky from eastenders stood chatting whilst pissing up against a wall outside a club. :o

Your club?

Nope it was The Epping Country Club in Essex. :D

My mate see the model Jordan expose her arse there.

My mate through cutlery at T-bag (remember him from kids telly?) in an Indian restaurant in Ilford.

Some guy from grange hill lived in the banjo near me and become and an instant local star by shagging his bird up against the window one sunny summer's affternoon much to the locals delight who gathered round to watch the performance.

My Uncle went to school with Dudley Moore.

ah, Essex, home of the stars :D

Edited by bkkmadness

Neereean, Yes I saw Alex Higgins in a bookies on the Manchester Piccadilly Rail Station 'William Hill'. He was twitching like mad and bet loads on T6 and lost big wads of cash.

He had this oversized black leather jacket on, and nobody dared approach him or look him in the eyes. I think he (Higgins) is dead now.

Higgins biographer 'Bill Borrows' incidentally went to the same school in Manchester as me, although younger, he was known to be an absolutely cocky, selfish, *anker. And 'Borrows' is not famous and deserves no 'airtime'. So I won't mention him.

W.S.

Okay, just for a walk down memory lane, a partial list.

Close friends beer and night out

Chubby Checker (musician)

John Daly (golfer)

Gallagher (comedian)

John Force (drag racer)

David Copperfield (magician)

First name basis

Clint Eastwood

Kevin Costner

John Madden (announcer)

Ray Charles (deceased) closer to Joe Adams

Bill Gaither (musician, most famous for writing lyrics for Elvis Presley)

George Bush senior, much closer to Barbara one of my all time favorite people

Michael Landon (deceased)

Richard Petty & wife Linda

Dale Ernhardt (desceased)

Might remember who I was

Bill Clinton (he forgets nothing, ever)

Al Gore

Jesse Jackson (politician and civil rights activist)

Merle Haggard (musician)

Sybil Shepherd

Tom Cruise

Ernest Borgnine

Art Carney

Ozzie Osborne

Johnny Cash (deceased)

Would probably not remember me

Kevin Bacon

Deon Sanders (american football)

Frank Sinatra (deceased)

Mohammed Ali (boxer)

Sinbad

Michael Feinstein (George Gershwin protoge)

Rose Marie Clooney

Mr. Matsushita (deceased) founder of panasonic

Ray Kroc (deceased) founder of McDonalds

Dave Thomas (deceased) founder of Wendy's

Augustus Busch, knew his son in law better, Bernie Little owner Miss Budweiser team

DeVoss & VanAndel (amway founders)

Would never remember me in a million years

dozens of race car drivers

hundreds of hollywood minions

thousands of musicians beating a living out of their bus

hundreds of atheletes that really werent sure where they were anyway

a few lottery winners (guaranteed to self destruct), a few people who were famous for their 15 minutes, a few politicians and world leaders that gave scant attention to minutia such as us, a few evangelical preachers, a few of the Saudi Royal family (now there were some WILD stories), a few world class professional cons (Evil Kneival for one and that SOB would remember my name if still alive, his liver was toast when we went nose to nose back in the 80's), and others I am sure I have purposely forgotten.

It was an interesting job, tons of stories. My boss was in his 70s and had been close with an amazing variety of people from Oral Roberts to Little Richard. He literally invented the motorhome as we know it back in the late 40s. They converted coaches and put the entire entertainment industry on the road. The stories were wild and you would find people like Loretta Lynne sleeping on the couch in the bosses living room when dropping by.

One day I might go back and try and collect up some of the road stories. Mix alchohol and drugs with big money, too much free time and a skewed personality celebrity and some of the stories were off the edge. Fame is a horrible curse, dont let anyone tell you otherwise. I met very few people able to handle the damage it does, at best it makes for a reclusive life. You have to see it up close to appreciate how ugly it is.

John Daly (golfer)

Gallagher (comedian)

John Force (drag racer)

First name basis

Clint Eastwood

Kevin Costner

John Madden (announcer)

Might remember who I was

Al Gore

Merle Haggard (musician)

Sybil Shepherd

Tom Cruise

Ernest Borgnine

Art Carney

Ozzie Osborne

Johnny Cash (deceased)

Kevin Bacon

Frank Sinatra (deceased)

Mohammed Ali (boxer)

Sinbad

Rose Marie Clooney

Augustus Busch, knew his son in law better, Bernie Little owner Miss Budweiser team

a few lottery winners (guaranteed to self destruct), a few people who were famous for their 15 minutes, a few politicians and world leaders that gave scant attention to minutia such as us, a few evangelical preachers, a few of the Saudi Royal family (now there were some WILD stories), a few world class professional cons (Evil Kneival for one and that SOB would remember my name if still alive, his liver was toast when we went nose to nose back in the 80's), and others I am sure I have purposely forgotten.

It was an interesting job, tons of stories. My boss was in his 70s and had been close with an amazing variety of people from Oral Roberts to Little Richard. He literally invented the motorhome as we know it back in the late 40s. They converted coaches and put the entire entertainment industry on the road. The stories were wild and you would find people like Loretta Lynne sleeping on the couch in the bosses living room when dropping by.

One day I might go back and try and collect up some of the road stories. Mix alchohol and drugs with big money, too much free time and a skewed personality celebrity and some of the stories were off the edge. Fame is a horrible curse, dont let anyone tell you otherwise. I met very few people able to handle the damage it does, at best it makes for a reclusive life. You have to see it up close to appreciate how ugly it is.

Mods, can we delete this post as it makes my Jordan's arse in Epping Forest Country Club story look stupid :o

yes, seems to be straying off-topic. OP said something about knowing someone who would come out and have a drink with you or whatever - never mind, its been mostly fun.

When I was 17, my Mum was the Venue Manager for the Perth Concert Hall in Australia. I had a part time job in afternoons and weekends setting up back stage.

I was always a fan of Billy Connolly, and as a treat, Mum got me on the roster for his show (bugger all to set up) and I sat in and watched the show.

She said that afterwards, he normally retreats to his dressing room and takes an hour or so to wind down - rare for him to come out. Anyhow we sat backstage and had a few drinks post-show. His wife Pamela Stephenson was in town doing another show at a theatre up the road. Instead of locking himself away, he came out fairly soon after the show to meet his Mrs, and instead of taking off straight away they sat and had some drinks with us.

Nice guy. Had a good chat - sitting next to him and chatting didn't alter my view of him - fine entertainer and a great sense of humour. And large than life....

Far be it from me to boast but the last time I was in Rome a few years ago I went to the Vatican and was waving to the crowd from one of the balconies there and I must say the Romainians are a very friendly bunch as they were all waving back.

I heard them say who is that old bloke dressed up in white up on the balcony with Maerim?

John Daly (golfer)

Gallagher (comedian)

John Force (drag racer)

First name basis

Clint Eastwood

Kevin Costner

John Madden (announcer)

Might remember who I was

Al Gore

Merle Haggard (musician)

Sybil Shepherd

Tom Cruise

Ernest Borgnine

Art Carney

Ozzie Osborne

Johnny Cash (deceased)

Kevin Bacon

Frank Sinatra (deceased)

Mohammed Ali (boxer)

Sinbad

Rose Marie Clooney

Mods, can we delete this post as it makes my Jordan's arse in Epping Forest Country Club story look stupid :o

By the look of it,it makes knowing God & JC look a bit tame :D

Who is this guy?

For a beer:

Tyla (Singer with 90s rock band Dogs D'Amour)

Bam-Bam (Drummer with Dog's D'Amour)

Toby Jepson (Singer with 90s band Little Angels)

Ginger (Singer with band The Wildhearts)

Ricky Warwick (Singer with The Almighty and also toured with New Model Army)

Vanessa Warwick (Presenter of Headbanger's Ball on MTV and wife of Ricky)

PS: WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THE FARANG IN BURIRAM AND ED CARABAO / LEK CARABAO - THEY ALL HAVE EACH OTHER'S NUMBERS! I MET LEK RECENTLY IN CHONBURI AND HAVE TO SAY THAT HE SEEMED TO BE SPOT-ON IN HIS ASSESSMENT OF CURRENT PROBLEMS IN THAILAND AND HE ALSO SEEMED TO BE JAI DEE AND JAI YEN.

Know a number "drinkers" who think they're famous, and I haven't met "mgnewman" (Mike) yet, but expect to meet him soon. I think he's famous from TV. :o

What ever happened to that guy who posted on TV and had a problem at the airport with changing money at the bank. As I recall, he knew people in "high places" as well as the United Nations. :D