90 Day Report - Nonthaburi Resident

Eventually I found the 90Day report place for me, third floor…Immigration Bureau 3. The report took all of two minutes, fastest ever! Then the bad news, the officer gave me a map of where I need to go next time, the new Nonthaburi Offices. When I asked what happens if I make a mistake and come here again, he just smiled.

It looks like reporting/visa etc there for Nonthaburi residents is just temporary.

Personally I would use the Nonthaburi office even if the Chaeng Wattana office accepted my reporting, as I would then know the way to get there for the next extension.

It was bound to happen that they would inform you to go to the Local office.

90 day reporting:

Apart from paying a parking fine at the Non' Police station on Rattanathibet I have never used a Nonthaburi Govt Office!

Is this in the Government OFfices travelling East just before Teso?

Im quite happy with this new office its only 4 km from my home. I must say they could have marked the way better they put a sign somewhere pointing at a building but its only in that direction not the building the sign is pointing at.

But when i finally found it i was helped right away.. no waiting nothing. Will save me loads of time traveling and waiting in future.

Very helpful and pleasant staff in a quiet office. My 90 day notice was pinned in my passport with a note I've never seen before - fine for failure to report is 5,000 baht plus 200 baht per day for each day that passes until the law is complied with.

That is the law but has never been enforced to full extent. Fine is normally 2,000 unless found for other offence where it can be 4,000. What the 200 per day until complied with definition is not known but suspect if you can not pay when requested the clock would start.

I understand the 200 baht per day to be, 200 baht per day for each day you are late in reporting, and mounts up until such time that you report, if you follow me.

Don't believe so as the normal fine is 2,000 baht regardless of the number of days late you are.

My understanding too. The immigration website seems quite clear on this:

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days