Suzuki Raider 150 R Honda Sonic

pete600

Hi just looking at http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/Th...ki-Raider-150-R

Is the Raider still available in Thailand. Been to a few Suzuki shop but they say it's finished. Can't even find ant 2nd hand ones. Same story with Sonic a few local garages say you can still get them but i have yet to find one. Well there is a 2nd hand sonic in the local honda shop in Patong. Slightly Modified, supper motard wheels wide bars and a box on the back. But they want 50k for it :) been in there for at least 5 months.

Any suggestions where i should be looking for ether bike.

Thanks

Pete

For a few months the Suzuki Distributor, which mainly operates in the South of Thailand, called Baan Suzuki was distribution Raider R 150's, but now believe this is also ended.

For most part of Thailand, and exception of some southern province the Suzuki R 150 is not available. (as new)

Thanks for the info.

I have tried to call Baan Suzuki on 0274342800 which was posted on a earlier thread. But the number dose not seem to work.

Looks like i will just have to keep my eyes out for a good 2nd hand Raider/Sonic.

Thanks again

Pete

Thanks for the info.

I have tried to call Baan Suzuki on 0274342800 which was posted on a earlier thread. But the number dose not seem to work.

Looks like i will just have to keep my eyes out for a good 2nd hand Raider/Sonic.

Thanks again

Pete

I have a Sonic half the price PM me for pics...

As mentioned in another thread, I have yet to see a real live Raider....I'm sure they're out there but I've seen more V-maxes than them....

They are definately elite :) . If you ask nicely I will show you mine.

You have a V-max?

Or were you offering to show me something else of yours (a la playing doctors as children and a verboten subject on ThaiVisa)?

As mentioned in another thread, I have yet to see a real live Raider....I'm sure they're out there but I've seen more V-maxes than them....

They are definately elite :) . If you ask nicely I will show you mine.

You have a V-max?

Or were you offering to show me something else of yours (a la playing doctors as children and a verboten subject on ThaiVisa)?

Ahhh, no and no. :D

• 4 weeks later...

to the original poster, here is a picture of my restored raider..not an especially great pic.

Restored...down to almost every nut and bolt, actually not finished yet.

Even has new fork tubes, clutch springs, plates, cable, every available bearing, brake discs, brake pads, all new plastics, YSS 4-way adjustable shock, nui rearsets, adjustable brake and clutch levers, super sticky tires.

I'll probably be selling it in April, located in chiang mai. Runs beautifully, 140KPH on flat ground. But, it won't be cheap.

PM me if interested.

jbeck

post-65495-1262120059_thumb.jpg

jbeck

I notice you have fitted an aftermarket gearchanger

can you please tell me what make/ model it is, where you bought it from, the price

and did you have to modify anything to make it fit.

same info for the adjustable clutch and brake levers if you would be so kind.

jbeck

can you please tell me what make/ model it is, where you bought it from, the price

nui rearsets from akunar.com - i i didnt modify anything but - the kickstarter hits the footpeg!

morin levers from (one of the many) bike shops in the bike shop area outside bangkok - patumthani?

to the original poster, here is a picture of my restored raider..not an especially great pic.

Even has new fork tubes, clutch springs, plates, cable, every available bearing, brake discs, brake pads, all new plastics, YSS 4-way adjustable shock, nui rearsets, adjustable brake and clutch levers, super sticky tires.

I'll probably be selling it in April, located in chiang mai. Runs beautifully, 140KPH on flat ground. But, it won't be cheap.

PM me if interested.

jbeck

Thanks i have been sorted bought bangkokeddy's sonic of him. Got my eye on a Radier my local shop has just got in. It's a bit of a dog but could be a project bike

I have a Suzuki 150r Raider for sale. twin cam, 6 speed. I am buying a new d-tracker. so it has to go.

The bike has had recent new IRC tyres, chain & sprockets & battery. all grade A. Standard unmolested specification.

Oil change every 3k kilometrs inc filtre. Now done 15,900 from new

Good condition, great bike. Never let me down. Price 35,000bht

richardsharman @ hotmail.com

Tel: 089-2784011

Bike is in Muang Loei. Can ride to any Province. 6 speed gear great for touring.

post-98079-1262487654_thumb.jpg

Edited by PeaceBlondie

jbeck

nui rearsets from akunar.com - i i didnt modify anything but - the kickstarter hits the footpeg!

morin levers from (one of the many) bike shops in the bike shop area outside bangkok - patumthani?

There are various aftermarket kickstarters available which extend the kickstarter on a joint and get it out past those nui rearsets so they dont hit the footpegs.

PM me if interested.

jbeck

Classic, you like to turn your bikes around quickly, I vaguely remember saying something similar to you about my Raider (which I still dont want to sell).....I will be interested to see what you get for it.