English Speaking Expat Tv

moddeydhoo

As we now have 5 different English speaking expat shows to watch, i am very curious as to the spread of viewers. Any additional comments would also be appreciated. No axe to grind just want to know what people are watching. Maybe it will be useful information for the show producers as well. Please choose which shows you prefer to watch ot of the five

Pattaya Mail

Pattaya Plus

Pattaya People

Pattaya Uncut

Sawadee Pattaya

All equally

Dislike all of them

Whoops sorry original post in wrong section. Please move to Pattaya forum.

Edited by moddeydhoo

Don't watch any of them as there is no benefit and no more informative than the printed media. At least the latter has crossword puzzles, sudoku and can be used to line my bins. Besides, whatever is happening elsewhere is infinitely more interesting than suicidal foreigners, gratuitous self promotion of this "world class resort", micky mouse scam stories, petty crime that is blown all out of proportion, ladyboy thieves, drunk and/or naked louts and reports of the various problems that never get resolved anyway. Did I misss anything?

All equally shi*e... Like has been said before.. Amateur, Pathetic,Brown nosers. All far too busy lining their pockets and bigging up themselves and the a**hole buddies to do anything positive.

Plenty of problems in Pattaya.. None of which have ever been highlighted or solved by the farang run media.... W*NK*R'S the lot of them....

Considering I am the only one (not on the original list), that posts on internet forums, then it is up to me to fight for our corner.

I suposse you can compare what we all do to the USA. I think it is called public access television, where amateurs host low budget tv programs.

We are all on low budgets and I would recommend anyone who watches one of our shows to forget about the big boys (BBC/CNN/FOX, or any other international stations available on local cable), and realize you are watching local television presented by local people who are trying to make a living here in Pattaya.

Considering the circumstances, I commend all local TV programs for working to bring the local foreign population local news, features and other important information.

Howard

Pattaya One News

@Sharecropper -- I don't think those in the community groups, sports clubs and expat assocaitions think the pictures or smug. That's what community newspapers are about. People want to have their events covered. Perhaps you resent them because you choose to only sit on a barstool and not get involved.

@Pdaz -- why single out farang media? What has the Thai media done?

I put this question to all the critcs and slaggers: Tell us right now how YOU would run a community TV or newspaper, what would be in it and what would you do? I'd bet a million baht your suggestions are out-of-touch with the reality of trying to work the news business in Thailand and that your ideas likely would get you shot, burned down or put out of business.

Considering I am the only one (not on the original list), that posts on internet forums, then it is up to me to fight for our corner.

I suposse you can compare what we all do to the USA. I think it is called public access television, where amateurs host low budget tv programs.

We are all on low budgets and I would recommend anyone who watches one of our shows to forget about the big boys (BBC/CNN/FOX, or any other international stations available on local cable), and realize you are watching local television presented by local people who are trying to make a living here in Pattaya.

Considering the circumstances, I commend all local TV programs for working to bring the local foreign population local news, features and other important information.

Howard

Pattaya One News

My apologies for missing you off the original list, it was not intentional. For what its worth I do actually watch Pattaya One News for the news (channel hopping during the many adverts) and then promptly switch to another station as soon as the news element is over. I appreciate what you are saying, I guess I am just very frustrated that there are now so many trying to cover the same things and really not doing a very good job of it. The expats and the tourists I feel would be better served ( and this is purely a Utopian dream you understand) if only one channel did it, but did it properly and threw some decent resources at it, rather than trying to cut an already small cake into very small pieces. As I stated in the OP, no axe to grind just want to see the quality improved. ......... :)stands back and waits for the flack

I applaud anyone that can run a business here in Thailand....trust me....it is not easy, regardless of the business you are in. Running a local TV Show (and news gathering service), can be very challenging at times. For those that attack us, that is your opinion, but if you think you can come and do better then start a new program up. I will even give you some pointers if you want!

Edited by hm1973

I applaud anyone that can run a business here in Thailand....trust me....it is not easy, regardless of the business you are in. Running a local TV Show (and news gathering service), can be very challenging at times. For those that attack us, that is your opinion, but if you think you can come and do better then start a new program up. I will even give you some pointers if you want!

What pointers would that be.......How to make a 1 hour news program where 50 minutes of it is for adverts and 10 minutes is pretty crap news that nobody really cares about

Pathetic really

What pointers would that be.......How to make a 1 hour news program where 50 minutes of it is for adverts and 10 minutes is pretty crap news that nobody really cares about

Pathetic really

How can local news be pretty crap? What other news would you like to see?

@Sharecropper -- I don't think those in the community groups, sports clubs and expat assocaitions think the pictures or smug. That's what community newspapers are about. People want to have their events covered. Perhaps you resent them because you choose to only sit on a barstool and not get involved.

@Pdaz -- why single out farang media? What has the Thai media done?

I put this question to all the critcs and slaggers: Tell us right now how YOU would run a community TV or newspaper, what would be in it and what would you do? I'd bet a million baht your suggestions are out-of-touch with the reality of trying to work the news business in Thailand and that your ideas likely would get you shot, burned down or put out of business.

Sorry you have completely misread or just misunderstood my post. I am referring to the owners and their families' photos being splashed all over the place, not smug sportsmen!