Slide Projector

wilson steer

I have discovered a load of slides (photographic) but you guessed it, I have no projector so I can't bore the neighbours to death with a slide show on my white walls.

I visit Bangkok next week so does anyone know a photographic shop there that sells projectors and roughly the cost of one?

Am I right in saying that slides are much higher quality than normal photo's I think that is why I started buying 'slide' film in the first place.

W.S.

I saw a slide project that also comes with a mediuam sized screen (arund '10?) sold for B4,000 + at a popular photo quipment shop in MBK yesterday. The shop name is foto Thailand. It is on the 3rd floor of the MBK next to a Japanese restaurant called Zen (north west side of the bldg), same shop as the fotofile on the 1st floor. Forgot the name of the brand but it was German. Staffs at both fotofile and foto Thailand are quite knowledgeable, speaks fairly good English, friendly and helpful.

Before you make the investment I suggest you examine a random

selectoin of the slides with a magnifying glass.

They tend to grow mould in this climate and may not be worth viewing,

also the colours deteriorate, with red cast developing..

Very careful storage is needed

the epson scanner has a slide photo attachment for scanning slides into the computer. Takes time, but is easier these days to do a powerpoint screening than with real slides, and of course you can put on CD, copy, sort, adjust, improve and draw silly moustaches on your enemies.

Edited by pandit35

They also sell dry cabinet and dry box storage (Chinese made) at Foto Thailand in MBK.

I have two dry boxes for my cameras and positives/negatives and it can lower the humidity inside to as low as 20%.

Thanks, astral and nordlys: good advice I will check out the slides and that store in the MBK.

Regarding storage: Darkness and low humidity? Right? They look O.K. but you have got me thinking.

W.S.