Christmas Lunch

CRUNCHER

I just closed the other three threads on Christmas Dinners, some as old as 2005 and 2007 which had been searched out and resurrected by someone who shall remain nameless.

Better to keep all the information on this important topic in one place and up to date right?

Take a Sunday roast,replace the meat with turkey,add 1000 Baht to the bill Hey presto Christmas dinner

Not quite. Christmas buffet at Caddy Shack only 750.

If you are hard up for cash and wish to taste some reasonable turkey, try the Villa 24 hour restaurant. You'll get a small servinig for 288 baht. Bring your own cranberry sauce (or puchase a can of it inside the supermarket).

Apart from the Royal Cliff, is there anywhere else decent which is not going to attract a plague of balloon chassers. This is a special day, want to make it a special event.

See my posts above #10 and #23.

You won't get 'balloon chasers' when you have to pay for a Christmas Dinner.

The balloon chasers will be looking for the free pig-spit-roasts.

Thanks guys, for the suggestions

Hope you all have a Great Christmas and New Year

seeing as Xmas is only 1 day a year I splash out and do it in style so I have booked in at cafe Des Amis again this year

they do a very elegant Xmas dinner with champagne and smoked salmon reception it's very high class i took my parents there last Xmas they loved it, didn't feel like we were in a restaurant, very homely, there menu is on their site, Www.pattayabistro.com

Thanks for the suggestion, decided to give the place a go and very glad we did, most enjoyable and will certainly return the next time we are in Pattaya.

The restaurant has a taxi pick up service and when the proprietor had a problem with the service he came and picked us up himself, pretty good of him considering how busy he was.

Thanks for the recommendation "media", and Blu thanks for a top class meal and a most enjoyable evening, as someone else said "I will return"

went out looking on the day mostly around soi dianna etc, wetherspoons where looking 1000baht for a C'dinner (made me laugh) just a stupid price hence didn't see one person eating dinner, went to various other places all around 500baht for 3 courses, finally decided on Robins Nest, christmas carvery - very good even though I had to take most of it home lol