How Many Blank Pages?

I had this problem a few years ago in Cambodia where I only had one page left in the passport and I was charged a fee because there were not enough blank pages.

Anybody know what the rule is on the number of blank pages in the back of the passport in order to get a visa?

Don't know about any minimum. For Thailand you should have enough space for the entry and exit stamp, one page should do that.

But apply for a new passport ASAP. If you have to travel, or can't leave the country and need an extension, you might be in trouble.

I would have thought you need a page and a half minimum. A page for the visa and half a page for the entry and exit stamps. Whether these need to be adjacent pages I'm not sure. Just checked my last two visa entries into Thailand and for one the stamps were on the adjacent page and for the other they weren't (despite there being a full blank page - it still is blank). So as usual, inconclusive. :)

I hope so he is not French or from similar countries with same rules.

I ring the French consulate in Sydney and i could not get extra pages / a passport with 64 pages and i need to fly from Melbourne to Sydney to get it with the E passport system they have!

And will i was in France i could not get a new French passport because i was not living there permanently.

With a Australia passport everything more easy

Visa-exempt border runs every two weeks? Have you considered the electronic visa for Cambodia, which you print out on your computer and therefore uses up no space in your passport? Or a multiple-entry non-O visa from Perth, when an airline has a special promotion?

--

Maestro

Visa-exempt border runs every two weeks? Have you considered the electronic visa for Cambodia, which you print out on your computer and therefore uses up no space in your passport? Or a multiple-entry non-O visa from Perth, when an airline has a special promotion?

--

Maestro

Hello Maestro...... please paste the english version of the Cambodian VISA information... How to apply, pay for and use it... I have always applied at their embassy forced to pay USD for two page glued in VISA.. Have never seen electronic online alternatives advice from their consulate office... I do not arrive or depart at their airport I travel crossing borders on the roads.. Thank you in advance....

Just about every country in the world exept USA now issue only electronic passports and pages cannot be added to these.

--

Maestro

Why - the US can.

The U.S. Electronic Passport

The U.S. Electronic Passport (e-passport) is the same as a regular passport with the addition of a small contactless integrated circuit (computer chip) embedded in the back cover. The chip securely stores the same data visually displayed on the photo page of the passport, and additionally includes a digital photograph. The inclusion of the digital photograph enables biometric comparison, through the use of facial recognition technology, at international borders. The U.S. e-passport also has a new look, incorporating additional anti-fraud and security features.

Since August 2007, the U.S. has been issuing only e-passports.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/eppt/eppt_2498.html