The British Club ?

wamberal

It just occurred to me that I have never read anything here mentioning the British Club.

Are any of you members? What's happening there? I have been living outside Thailand for some years, and although my wife and I go back every year to visit family I have never been back to the club.

Many thanks for your responses. I am kind of amazed that the old place is still there -- I had assumed that the land would be so valuable that it would have been sold and the club re-located, or just closed down.

We are planning to base ourselves at the Narai next visit, so I will try to get temporary membership if that is possible.

Just for old times' sake.

Cheers.

Many thanks for your responses.  I am kind of amazed that the old place is still there  --  I had assumed that the land would be so valuable that it would have been sold and the club re-located, or just closed down.

We are planning to base ourselves at the Narai next visit, so I will try to get temporary membership if that is possible.

Cheers.

Temporary membership is still available I believe for visitors but security has become much tighter in recent years for obvious reasons.

You should have returned last year when the club celebrated its centenary with many special events througout the year

Many thanks for your responses.  I am kind of amazed that the old place is still there  --  I had assumed that the land would be so valuable that it would have been sold and the club re-located, or just closed down.

Cheers.

The Land cannot be sold because of restrictions in the original Deed of the Land to the Club ………. although that has not hindered self serving attempts by Committees over the not too distant past to do so.

As you intimate, it’s a valuable piece of property!

Patrick

It's still there.

The best party I was ever invited to was at The British Club.

Just guessing ........

You didn't go - right??

:o

Patrick

Well I nearly didn't - it wasn't the easiest place to find.

What little I remember of that night is that it was almost like being back home in Buckinghamshire...

That and the Welsh streaker who ran across the back garden during a speech and some other things either not worth mentioning or not mentionable. :D

It's still there.

The best party I was ever invited to was at The British Club.

Just guessing ........

You didn't go - right??

:o

Patrick

Well I nearly didn't - it wasn't the easiest place to find.

What little I remember of that night is that it was almost like being back home in Buckinghamshire...

That and the Welsh streaker who ran across the back garden during a speech and some other things either not worth mentioning or not mentionable. :D

Nothin' exceeds like excess Scampy :D