World Cup 2010 Draw

thaimiller

A few similarities to 1966.

Mexico France and Uruguay drawn in the same group as the hosts.

Brazil and Portugal drawn together. Portugal kicked Pele out of that tournament. By today's standards at least 2 Portugese would have been red carded.

North Korea making their first final since then when they shocked Italy 1-0 putting the Italians out. They returned to Genoa in the middle of the night to be pelted with tomatoes.

Edited by salty

North Korea making their first final since then when they shocked Italy 1-0 putting the Italians out. They returned to Genoa in the middle of the night to be pelted with tomatoes.

Better than North Korea who would probably be pelted with hand grenades by their leader.

Better than North Korea who would probably be pelted with hand grenades by their leader.

Apparently they are celebrating WC victory even now as we speak !!

:) I wouldn't be surprised...

After the draw,the bookmakers have decided that Spain,at 9-2,are favourites to win followed by Brazil at 11-2,England at 6's,Argentina 10's,Italy 13-1 and Germany and Holland at 14-1.The most fancied African team is Ivory Coast at 33-1 and if you fancy New Zealand to go all the way,they are 3000-1!The fact that Spain have never won the World Cup and that in eleven attempts(from 1966),they have yet to reach the last four hasn't stopped the mugs from wading in.O.K,they did win the European Championship last time but,it is a fact that the country that has won the Euro's since 1988 has NEVER even reached the last four of the following World Cup,let alone win it.

An interesting fact is that the only time the World Cup was ever held in a country, other the Americas and Europe,was in 2002 in Korea and Japan when,against all the odds,Korea reached the semi finals.This time it's on the African continent so don't be surprised if you see an African team in the last four.The home support for the African teams is going to be huge.

i'm having an each way on ivory coast, they're well capable of reaching the semis. the main europeans don't look that strong this year really, but brasil are the banker. assuming they've everyone fit i think they'll win it. good dark horse bet is serbia too.

i'm having an each way on ivory coast, they're well capable of reaching the semis. the main europeans don't look that strong this year really, but brasil are the banker. assuming they've everyone fit i think they'll win it. good dark horse bet is serbia too.

The tight fisted bookmakers are only offering the two finalists each way instead of 1-2-3-4 which they should be doing in a field of 32.However,there is plenty of value to be had because they've plumped for Spain as favourites.Even Brazil are a decent price at 11-2.They've got the right combination of skill and graft to win it.The African Nations Championship should throw up a few pointers,though.

Yes how dare they,that right belongs to England and has so for every world cup they have qualified for.

Spookily 3 of my favourite teams have been drawn in Englands group anybody know where I can get a cheap USA,Algerian,Slovenian football shirt?

Yes how dare they,that right belongs to England and has so for every world cup they have qualified for.

Spookily 3 of my favourite teams have been drawn in Englands group anybody know where I can get a cheap USA,Algerian,Slovenian football shirt?

Ask Mr Sing, I think he sells them out of the trunk of his tuk tuk.

I bought a Paraguay one at the last world cup. Tried to get Trinadad and Tobago and get Scotland printed on the back. Unfortunately i couldnt get one in Bangkok. :)

Ask Mr Sing, I think he sells them out of the trunk of his tuk tuk.

I'll have at least 2 of the 3 by Mid January & Jocko, i'll get my priniting gear especially set up for you Mate, i know your style.. :)

USA have shown what a good team they are, and Slovenia are no walk over either. So I think this draw is not as easy as many say.

It's true England on a given day can rip most teams apart, but are equally adept at slumping to 1-0 defeats for very little reason. They'll qualify for the knock out stage for sure IMHO.

USA have shown what a good team they are, and Slovenia are no walk over either. So I think this draw is not as easy as many say.

It's true England on a given day can rip most teams apart, but are equally adept at slumping to 1-0 defeats for very little reason. They'll qualify for the knock out stage for sure IMHO.

Algeria worry me more than the States & Slovenia to be honest..

• 6 months later...

Hello You soccer Guys wink.gif

mmm What a pity we lost the finalsad.gif

But to be honest Spain was better

Anyhow it was a good promotion now the most people in Thailand start to know who is Holland rolleyes.gif

and......... we are the second best in the world biggrin.gif