Overstay For Kids

Don't have a link handy, but yes kids do not get fined for overstay.

Definitely up till age 12, although I have heard somebody who was informed by immigration this age is 14 years. As said, I don't have a link so better wait for confirmation from others...

It is however handy to keep their visa's in order, you might get some hassles for example when enrolling your kid in school when not holding a valid visa...

• 2 weeks later...
As said no overstay fine below age 14 but they are overstay and passport may be so marked. They also need normal visa or visa exempt status for entry into Thailand.

My children are under 9 yrs, I currently have them on a Tour Visa (Triple) which is now expired and overstayed. My wife and I are current on our Non Imm (multi entry), We are american.

We want to take a trip to Langkawi, Maylaysia but I'm wondering about a few things, regarding the last post.

Here are my questions...

1. Will my children be permitted back into Thailand under the 15 days by land rule, not sure if this is what you mean by exemption.

2. Is the overstay different on a tourist visa from the U.S. vs. a 15 day walk in visa?

3. Should I be concerned enough to not go to Maylasia?

Thanks everyone,

Shorty :)

As said earlier, kid's passport will be marked with overstay stamp on leaving the country but will not be fined. The overstay stamp does not prevent re-entry into the country or obtaining another visa at a later date. Overstay is treated the same way irrespective of whether entry into the Kingdom is based on visa entry or "visa exempt" (no visa held) entry.

At land border crossing kids will get 15 day "visa exempt" permission to stay stamp put in passport on re-entering the country (30 days if arriving by air). Wife and yourself will get new 90 day permission to stay on entry.

Go and enjoy your trip to Langkawi.