Looking For A Small Thai Shop That Sells Concrete Plates Of 125x250x0,18 Cm

Crypt36

I don't know the exact translation, in holland we call it Betonplex... direct translation would be concrete plex. It's like a plate of plywood but instead made of concrete.

Their large plates of concrete. I need one in 18mm thick and 125x250cm. They sell them at Homeworks next to Big C but they won't cut them for you. I don't have the tools nor the transport to do it myself and the small thai shops are always willing to bring the stuff to your appartment and maybe even cut it.

So does anyone know a thai shop that has these plates and might be willing to cut them for me?

Merantie-Betonplex.jpg

Edited by Crypt36

Looks a lot like plasterboard to me....

plasterboard it can be cut with a sharp "stanley blade" and a suitable straight edge a bit like cutting glass

score it first then "snap" it.

Or

Insist that Homeworks cut it for you to your specifications and deliver it too.

They have a saw in their made to measure kitchen department so no excuse.

Edited by johng

I don't know the exact translation, in holland we call it Betonplex... direct translation would be concrete plex. It's like a plate of plywood but instead made of concrete.

I'm sure you are a craftsman. :) Are you sure you have ever in your life seen such a plate from nearby?

Looks a lot like plasterboard to me....

plasterboard it can be cut with a sharp "stanley blade" and a suitable straight edge a bit like cutting glass

score it first then "snap" it.

Or

Insist that Homeworks cut it for you to your specifications and deliver it too.

They have a saw in their made to measure kitchen department so no excuse.

Can not be cut with a Stanly knife and snapped in two. It's cement board has to be cut with a power cutter, Best plan is to buy an angle cutter for 1000 baht and cut it to size yourself. Not very difficult to use.

Aha yes cement board seems to be it, definitaly not plasterboard I know what that is...

I can't get those plates home rimmer so cutting myself is going to be rather dificult.

So who knows some places where I can get these cement boards, might get lucky!

Aha yes cement board seems to be it, definitaly not plasterboard I know what that is...

I can't get those plates home rimmer so cutting myself is going to be rather dificult.

Are you sure that they're not the gypsum boards (plaster boards) that they use for ceilings.

They're made of paper coating with Gypsum sandwiched in the middle.

They look very much like whats in your picture.

Also try the builders merchant on South Pattaya Rd, as your travelling along towards the Sukumvit past the Shell Petrol St. It's about another 3-400 mts on the right, they have a selection of tiles and sanitary ware displayed out the front, behind that is a big warehouse.

Alternatively try the 2 Home marts on the Sukumvit, 1 between Klang and Tai, and the other between Tai and Tescos.

Home Mart on Sukhumvit Road, between Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Tai, and Kanyong (also Sukhumvit Road, but near to Soi Chayapruk) sell Vivaboard, which is a concrete/fibre board, in the dimensions you want.

The staff in Kanyong (in the builders supplies dept) have cut materials to size for me in the past (ask nicely and give a tip) but I don't know whether they will deliver such a small amount.

Don't know of any smaller shops that would stock something like this.

Edit: Vivaboard can be cut with a circular saw, wood blade. If you are going to use it for a kitchen worktop (referring to your previous post) it will need some support every 40-50cm or it may crack - same as concrete board.

Edited by chickenslegs