Drive Drunk, But Slowly Please

Bangkok Barry

From Sunday's Bangkok Post.....

Paiboon Suriyawongpaisan, a traffic accident researcher at Ramathibodi hospital's faculty of medical science, meanwhile, said road accidents on urban streets or super-highways or expressways were found to be associated mostly with high-speed driving.

``Speed is the culprit. Even if drivers are drunk or high on drugs or no matter how bad the roads are, accidents will not occur or will be only minor ones if people travel at low speed,'' Dr Paiboon said.

So that's okay then. It's safe to drive drunk or high on drugs as long as you drive slowly.

TIT.

Any chance this idiot might lose his job? Any chance the next Pope won't be Catholic?

Paiboon Suriyawongpaisan, a traffic accident researcher at Ramathibodi hospital's faculty of medical science, meanwhile, said road accidents on urban streets or super-highways or expressways were found to be associated mostly with high-speed driving.

``Speed is the culprit. Even if drivers are drunk or high on drugs or no matter how bad the roads are, accidents will not occur or will be only minor ones if people travel at low speed,'' Dr Paiboon said.

So that's okay then. It's safe to drive drunk or high on drugs as long as you drive slowly.

TIT.

Any chance this idiot might lose his job? Any chance the next Pope won't be Catholic?

I find that these prats that drive along in the fast lane at 30-35kph far more dangerous than drivers that travel at 90-100kph Quite often they stagger themselves as well so you can do nothing else but weave in and out overtaking. Also on normal two lane roads there's always one doing about 40kph or less.

TIT.

I find that these prats that drive along in the fast lane at 30-35kph far more dangerous than drivers that travel at 90-100kph Quite often they stagger themselves as well so you can do nothing else but weave in and out overtaking. Also on normal two lane roads there's always one doing about 40kph or less.

Slow drivers are a problem.....was once caught behind an old duffer in a hat...still had his bowling creams on doing 35km in a 60km zone.....I sped upto overtake him when the road was clear.....unfortunately the cops were coming the other way...and clocked me doing 72kmh overtaking him.....they did drop the speeding charge though, when I blew .133 on the breathalyzer.....my only conviction in life. :o:D

Paiboon Suriyawongpaisan, a traffic accident RESEARCHER at Ramathibodi hospital's faculty of medical science, meanwhile, said road accidents on urban streets or super-highways or expressways WERE FOUND to be associated mostly with high-speed driving.

I suggest some posters to do a course of reading AND UNDERSTANDING English before starting to accuse the man.

lampard10...you have a good point...those doing 35kph should stay clear over in the left lane where they won't be blocking anyone going much faster. Also, those boneheads who come within a foot of your rear bumper as if to intimidate you because you're not going 130+kph really bothers me. They like to come up behind you flashing their lights and almost tapping your bumper...this when you're already going 100kph or so. Many of these idiots see you from half a km away, but instead of going around you in the left lane, they want to tailgate you. :o All they need to do is approach you slowly from a distance (leaving a gap in case you break)and flash their lights; simple driver courtesy. Often times it's the rich people driving their SUV's who think they own the road.