Thai Airways Sues Pad For B575 Million

george

Civile disobedience - PAD didn't "close the airport or shutdown it's operations"!

It was the AOT Management of Suvannabhum!

I really didn't think that anyone could after all this time regurgitate this laughable defence when it has been thoroughly demolished.Even the PAD leadership don't fly this particular kite.Let's hope this genius is in ironic mode.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did someone mention accountability? Hmmmm, that would be nice, wouldn't it?

But as long as I'm still dreaming, can you hold the door open for Eva Mendez, she has her hands full with the body lotion and massage table... :)

Tai airways is asking for a tip. The actual costs must be at least 10 times more than they want. I like their chairman, he seem to be afraid of no one. At the BBC and CNN he was complaining about the nepotism and political interference what had cost the company billions of baht. Let's see how long this man last. After all PAD is in bed with the Democrat party.

Or maybe...

A smart politically motivated move by supporters of the status quo to both appease the red shirts (as in: look the courts are not biased and the PAD must be accountable) and to give them due warning (as in: beware you don't overstep the law or you'll be next).

It buys much needed time. The first hearing is set a long way ahead and can be extended. Eventually the case will be heard and lost on some technicality.

More important than the money, KASIT NEEDS TO GO TO JAIL. The only place suitable for him. Thus with someone else becoming FM, maybe the peace will come back in Thailand and neighbor countries.

Actually no he doesn't belong in jail by any stretch and I speak as someone who has consistently pointed out how inappropriate Kasit's role as FM is given his past actions.But get this in perspective.He is a decent professional with a distinguished record as a diplomat.I think it's also important not to forget that the motivation of many PAD members (as opposed to its disturbingly creepy leadership) was honourable if in my view misguided..The problem Kasit had was a deplorable lapse of judgement in actively participating in the airport seizure and speaking imprudently in support of that crime.Personally I would have thought satisfied an apology to the Thai people was all that was needed in the circumstances, but ministerial office should have been out of the question.I'm also afraid he seems to be deficient in personal honour since he really should have offered up his resignation when it became clear how damaging his presence was to the Abhisit government.His performance as FM has been mediocre as well.

Incidentally I noted as regards the suggestion that AOT closed down the airport as opposed to the PAD mob a delightful phrase quoted in Bangkok Pundit.It was only true in the Clintonian sense.

Actually no he doesn't belong in jail by any stretch and I speak as someone who has consistently pointed out how inappropriate Kasit's role as FM is given his past actions.But get this in perspective.He is a decent professional with a distinguished record as a diplomat.I think it's also important not to forget that the motivation of many PAD members (as opposed to its disturbingly creepy leadership) was honourable if in my view misguided..The problem Kasit had was a deplorable lapse of judgement in actively participating in the airport seizure and speaking imprudently in support of that crime.Personally I would have thought satisfied an apology to the Thai people was all that was needed in the circumstances, but ministerial office should have been out of the question.I'm also afraid he seems to be deficient in personal honour since he really should have offered up his resignation when it became clear how damaging his presence was to the Abhisit government.His performance as FM has been mediocre as well.

Well put. :)

dam_n vigilantes. And the big shots of the yellow government sit back and relax as they take no responsibility for it. dam_n political systems. And the vigilantes called themselves "The Democratic Party...."

Didn't now-PM Abhisit, at the time the leader of the Opposition, not criticise the PAD's action at the time ? :D

dam_n facts, keep getting in the way of smears like this, and why call the Democratic Party "dam_n vigilantes" ? :)

I'm all for the yellows being sued for closing the airport.

I also think that the Government should sue the Reds for the cancelation of the Asean summit in Pattaya

fairs fair chaps :)

Indeed it is...let them both pay for what they have done!

In fact, In for a Penny, in for a Pound, and lets see the Yellow shirts get sued for all the damage and disruption they also caused at Government House during their "occupation"

Edited by KiethBardwell

Ha, if it were not for PAD's protest I would not have found or joined this forum, or had such a grand week long full expense paid vacation at a nice 5-star hotel, compliments Thai Airways. I also understand this was not the case for many travelers that week. But what I noticed the most was that most tourists/business people that come from a "democratic" country, is how intolerant they are were when faced with democracy in action. I guess freedom is only for those that already have it, and for those that do, they can't be inconvenienced when others want it. Just my opinion:)

Civile disobedience - PAD didn't "close the airport or shutdown it's operations"!

Yes, had to be at least one defender of the indefensible out there, thank you so much for offerring inane murkiness in a sea of clarity.

Or maybe...

A smart politically motivated move by supporters of the status quo to both appease the red shirts (as in: look the courts are not biased and the PAD must be accountable) and to give them due warning (as in: beware you don't overstep the law or you'll be next).

It buys much needed time. The first hearing is set a long way ahead and can be extended. Eventually the case will be heard and lost on some technicality.

That's how I read the OP

Didn't now-PM Abhisit, at the time the leader of the Opposition, not criticise the PAD's action at the time ? :)

Yes and no, basically keeping in with both sides.But remember PAD was a far more powerful organisation then with elite backing, much less influential now.My point is that Abhisit as a rising politician needed to tread very carefully.

Back to Thai Inter, it's been said before but Piyasvasti Amaranand is a fascinating and unusual figure.The first characteristic that's striking is his excellent analytical brain relatively undiminished by Thai cultural constraints.It's not everything but first class honours from Oxford in Mathematics is an incredibly good measure of intellectual rigour.The second notable characteristic is courage.In normal circumstances I wouldn't give him a chance against the bloated and greedy hogs who sponge off Thai Inter (let alone steering Thai Inter through the painful process of re-establishing a leadership position)..but something is different this time in that in Abhisit and Korn he has encouraging and supportive kindred spirits.But the vested interests he faces are formidable.Is this the moment for Thai Inter to be reborn Phoenix like? Watch out it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Exactly,... is what the Red shirts do at the moment any better than what the PAD did in the past??? IMO Both parties are equally bad damaging Thai society. It"s such a shame that the National security let the situations from the past get out of control

and the visctims in the end are innocent people, domestic or International...

Or maybe...

That's how I read the OP

The 'technicality' is already stated - AOT closed the airport. The PAD may have forced the closure so their charges need to be extended to civil disobedience, disobeying a Police directive (to disperse), willful damage, public nuisance, business interruption, noise pollution, etc. Anyone of those will stick if the court has any goolies... :)

Fantastic bit of logic.... So the Nazis didn't take over Paris... they just showed up in great numbers and the French authorities made the decision to hand power over to them. So it wasn't the Nazis' fault if the French felt so inconvenienced they didn't keep control of their country.

Mind you, come to think of it, more shots were fired going in to Suvarnabhumi than into Paris.