Plague Given To The Pm!

Somtamnication

"PM Abhisit Vejjajiva drinks coffee at the Old Market in Suphan Buri’s Sam Chuk district. Unesco gave the market an Award of Merit for the restoration and it gave a plague to the PM yesterday."

Source: The Nation, December 13th. 2009. One more reason not to buy their paper. No proofreaders.

I gave up on The Nation completely the other day for referring to the Red Shirts as a "mob" before their protest had even begun. Calling it a "rag" is doing a disservice to ripped up pieces of cloth.

:)

You don't understand. 'Mob' is Thai / Thai English for any large crowd of people, it doesn't carry the same connotations. Yellows were referred to as a 'mob' as well, and both groups often refer to themselves in that manner. They've borrowed the word from English but it doesn't mean the same thing here.

I gave up on The Nation completely the other day for referring to the Red Shirts as a "mob" before their protest had even begun. Calling it a "rag" is doing a disservice to ripped up pieces of cloth.

I gave up The Nation completely when they sacked my friend (sub-editor) -nearly 2 years ago- and they owed him 6 months of unpaid salary.