10 Injured In Bus Accident That Causes Traffic Snarl On Sukhumvit

george

10 injured in bus accident that causes traffic snarl on Sukhumvit

BANGKOK: -- An air-conditioned bus hit a power pole Tuesday morning, injuring ten people and causing traffic snarl on the Sukhumvit Road for over two hours.

The accident happened at 5 am on the mouth of Soi Sukhuvmit 52.

The bus No 511 crashed into the pole, causing a power transformer to fall into the bus's top.

The bus driver, Prasert Netrattana, 46, and the bus conductor, Thanawan Sitthisang, 36, were among the injured.

Kanyarat Rabiebdee, 6, and Malee Kijsomcheep, 55, were seriously injured and admitted to the Kluaynam Thai hospital wile the eight other people were discharged after treatment. Kanyarat's right leg was broken while Malee suffered from head injuries.

Officials took over two hours to salvage the bus and the pole and clear the traffic congestion.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-12-15

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

An air-conditioned bus? They never crash.

Yeah right, maybe the electric pole was jaywalking.....

Quite possible : in certain parts of France, it is well know that menhirs and dolmens often cross the roads in the dark, late at night, without caring for proper signalization . . . :)

Quite possible : in certain parts of France, it is well know that menhirs and dolmens often cross the roads in the dark, late at night, without caring for proper signalization . . . :)

Yeah, or even big rocks as they're called in the rest of the world. Just in case anyone thought the signalization problems were with Arabian clerics and half man/half porpoise creatures.

I'd like to brag I knew off the top of my head but I confess to a yahoo search. You learn something every day.

Carried or marched along by Asterix and Obelix, no doubt?

I guess 511 bus is 24hrs? Have seen it operating at 1am and now this news report says 5am.

That corner "Sukhumvit Soi 52" must be right there immediately on the backside of the Tesco? Walked by there tonight saw an electrical box leaning a bit, some fresh black spots on ground, but not much else. But the scrapes on the big box don't look very in line with the flow of traffic. Wonder if I have the right spot. And I wonder how the people got injured, from falling objects, or from slamming around inside the bus.

I've been on a bus in BKK where the bus driver idiot was racing another bus driver down the road.

It was pathetic to say the least.

They were driving the same number bus and I was surprised the bus didn't crash. The bus driver was very agitated when he was overtaken due to dropping off passengers at a bus stop.

I was trying to comprehend the rationale behind it and couldn't.

Nutters.

I've been on a bus in BKK where the bus driver idiot was racing another bus driver down the road.

It was pathetic to say the least.

They were driving the same number bus and I was surprised the bus didn't crash. The bus driver was very agitated when he was overtaken due to dropping off passengers at a bus stop.

I was trying to comprehend the rationale behind it and couldn't.

Nutters.

I've given up trying to do that with alot of situations here in LOS, because no matter how much you try to comprehend what you are seeing, there is no rationale beind it. :)

have you travelled on the small green old merecedez buses? If you want a roller coaster ride and dice with death have a go. I was on board when one hit a taxi the other day.. quite funny really, all the thais just quietly got off while the drivers sorted it out waiting for the police.