Tourist Visa Refused

Hi all,

some advice needed:

my friend's thai boyfriend has just been refused a uk tourist visa. They are unsure on the reason as yet because they are waiting for the letter to come in the post. However they are pretty sure its something to do with accomodation as they are planning to stay with her parents who live in rented accomodation and I have seen this to be an issue before on here with refusals.

Firstly though they would like to know, if they address the concerns of the ECO can they then just re-apply with the new information and all queries answered or do they have to follow the appeal process? They are not bothered about paying the visa fee again but just want to get to the UK as soon as possible, hopefully before the new year.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

If it's a standard tourist visa, and by that I mean not a family visit, there is no right of appeal.

The applicant will need to wait until he has got the details of the refusal back and can then re-apply, as you suggest by addressing the concerns of the ECO.

If he needs further advice he, or someone, could post the details of the refusal on this thread and somebody, probably 7by7, will help him.