Scooter Goooone What To Do (pattaya)

Spoonman

Long story short, went out on Tuesday night, parked the scoot in Soi 3, got well and truely plastered, got a lift home on a mototaxi.

Yesterday was unable to function due to bad hangover, went out today to collect scooter but its not where i left it (think i left it).......

What to do, reporting it stolen is probably telling a lie but i have no other ideas on what to do..

Ive search every soi along beach road, and a few "other" places i drink, its not anywhere.

Suggestions please.

Muahahaha!!! :)

I have a certain friend who is known to lose his Wave for days on end after all-night drinking sessions.

It's hard to backtrack when you can't remember where you've been or how you got home...

Perhaps you should install a low jack on your next ride?

Good luck!!!

BeavisButthead.gif

I have lost my bike a couple of times and once had it 'stolen' and found in a different parts of town (I swear I didnt ride it there but it was St Patricks day !!)..

Anyway each time I have been able to go to the police and or MB taxi networks, offer them a reward, and rapidly it was found.. The time it was legit moved was funny, at the police station no one had any interest at all, none, nada, rien, zip, bupkiss, etc.. I mentioned reward and moments later he dragged me to the comms room, breaking out its description and number on the radio and literally minutes later a call came in where a cop had found it. Calling all cars calling all cars, possible money to be made, etc.

I had a similar scenario on a night out in Rayong - but with my car!

I don't know Rayong at all and had no idea whatsoever where it was. I spent about an hour on a motorbike taxi looking for it, to no avail.

I went to the local police station with a friend and explained the situation, after giving them a detailed description and offering a bounty of 2,000 baht they put the call out on the radio, and after about 40 minutes a motorcycle cop found it on some wasteland in the middle of nowhere. It hadn't been touched, I reckon I just got lost and dumped it there.

Anyway I duly paid the 2,000 and gave a bonus bottle of Jonnie Walker Black, which went down well, and I have been assured that I will never have any problems with the police in Rayong :)

Apparently talking to my friend later every policeman in Rayong was out looking for it, as well as all the motorbike taxis who listen in on the police channels. As it was a company car 2,000 baht was a small price to pay to get it back, it's amazing how much action the promise of a little cash will get you.

Good luck!

... I mentioned reward and moments later he dragged me to the comms room, breaking out its description and number on the radio and literally minutes later a call came in where a cop had found it. Calling all cars calling all cars, possible money to be made, etc.

Yup, the budget doesn't really cover actual investigations. That will usually cost extra.

If it happens often to you you might be better of installing one of those GPS tracker devices in!

Lose your bike, log onto the internet, punch in username and password on the tracker site and presto, google map with location of your bike!

Of course, you'd want to hide that password from your better half :):D

Apart from that, for now better to bribe the cops in finding it for you :D

<deleted> noes how it got there but it wasnt chained or anything so the missus just got on it and rode it home.

I hope she informed the police otherwise it will probably be reported as stolen again! :)

lol, that would not surprise me, but as it is owned/taxed/insured in my name im confident no one else can report it stolen.

How very very strange.....theres just got to be more to this story spoonman.....can we have the detailed version? :D

Very very strange, i met with some friends in Soi3 we left there and went to walking street, my friends tell me i left the scooter there..... nothing more to add, i have no idea how it got to be at Soi 9 police station.

I went out and got pissed and lost my bike. Thought i left it in a carpark on walking st and was shouting blaming them for loosing my bike as i still had the parking ticket in my pocket. It took me 3 days to remember i took a girl into Tony's short time room that night before i went home, so i went and checkout outside Tony's and there it was..i obviously picked my bike up from the carpark and drove round to Tony's short time, after doing the business i walked back to the carpark and thought it was stolen and grabbed a taxi home.... :)

lol, that would not surprise me, but as it is owned/taxed/insured in my name im confident no one else can report it stolen.

Not necessarily, the police will have it on their books as a stray.

If the scooter was removed from the lot without them being informed, it may get up-graded to stolen (from the police), and then if the police or whoever sees it somewhere, they will pick it up again.

Not necessarily, the police will have it on their books as a stray.

If the scooter was removed from the lot without them being informed, it may get up-graded to stolen (from the police), and then if the police or whoever sees it somewhere, they will pick it up again.

It was parked on beach road in front of the police station.