I Have A New "o" Visa, How Many Days Do I Have To Report To Thai Imigrtation?

hello,

I arrived Thailand on 6 December with a new Retiremnet "O" Visa.

What are the steps/docs. needed to finalise my "O" visa with Thai Immigration?

How many days do I have before I need to report to Thai Immigration for the first time?

Many thanks,

Edited by Luciano1860

I assume you have arrived on a regular non immigrant O visa (for which you applied with as reason retirement).

If so, you will have been given 90 days when entering Thailand.

When less then 30 days of stay remaining, you will have to apply for your 1 year extension based on retirement.

You will either need monthly income of not less then 65,000 Baht, certified by your embassy, or 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank account.

If going for the 800k Baht option, the funds have to be in the account at least 2 months before applying for your extension.

For the latter you will need your bank book, along with a letter from your bank confirming that the funds really is in there and your passport.

Copies of everything and passport sized pictures, along with 1900 Baht makes everything complete.

If going for the income option, it will depnd on your own embassy as to what they require to issue you the proof of income paper.

That paper, again along with passport, copies and pictures (and 1900 Baht), will complete your paperwork...

Once you have been issued your extension, you will have to report your address to them every 90 days.

The financial options are 65k/month income OR 800k in Thai bank for 2 months prior to first application (3 months for renewals) OR a combination of the two arriving at 800k. If using the combination method there is no seasoning period.

You will also need to complete application form TM7. A map to you residence might also be asked for together with some proof such as rent receipt/lease but that should be all.

If you plan to travel abroad during the period of the extension you will need to obtain a re-entry permit from immigration to keep your permission to stay alive. Fee 1,000 baht single entry; 3,800 baht multi entry.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm7.doc

(print the two-sided form on a single sheet of A4 paper)

When you report for an extension of stay during the last 30 days, it will be considered your first 90 day report. That is only for the first time you ask for n extension! After that is is just every 90 days and doing an extension doesn't count as doing a 90 day report anymore.

So 90 days after your first extension you now have to do your first 90 day report.

Thanks so much for the good advice.

Quick question:

Do you pay B 1900 every 90 days forever? Or just the 1st time you meet with immigration?

Is it true you can "mail" your 90 day address report?

I live in Sathorn, can I go to the local Ampur office (or police station) for my 90 day reporting?

Appreciate your comments.

All extensions of stay are 1,900 baht - so for retirement you get a one year extension of stay for that 1,900 baht. The 90 day reports do not incur a fee and are determined by time in country - resets to day one on re-entry from a trip.

Most likely my misreading of Luciano's post, but it seems to me that he arrived in Thailand only at the beginning of this month.

So he's not going to have to do his *first* 90 day report until early April. And as he will be on the first year of his "O" visa, there's no extension, just a report, so no fee.

There won't be any extension until after he's completed his first year here, i.e. after three reports, and depending on whether he leaves the country or not before the visa expires, he "extends" it by another year, and only has to do reporting during that period.

His extensions would only apply after that.

Or have I misread both his query and the regulation?

He does not seem to have an OA visa but has a 90 day entry from an O visa which he will extend for one year after here for 60 plus days - that will be his first extension of stay and 90 days later his first report is due.

At least that is what we believe as stated in post #2 and he did not say otherwise.

Suspect he may be on single entry Non-O visa, as it makes no sense to obtain (and pay for) multiple entry visa and then apply for 12 month extension of stay soon after arrival, and the Op has not reverted otherwise. His first report would therefore be due 90 days after he applies for his first extension.

Hello,

Just to clarify, I received a "mutiple entry" retirement "O-A" visa in the USA (USD $175 fee). I arrived BKK on 8 December.

I thought multiple entry would allow me to travel freely (without notifying the Thai Immigration) in and out of Thailand?

Can I (after 1st report/application at immigration office) report my 90 day address by mail or Sathorn area Amphur office?

Previously I was on an Ed Visa for 12 months, so I already have a Bangkok Bank account -- I deposited B900K on 20 November 2009.

Many thanks.

You can come and go as often as you like during the first 12 months. If you stay for 90 days you

have to report to Immigration.

Exit and return just before the Visa expires and you will get another 12 months. From then on you will need a Re Entry Permit if you wish to leave during those 12 months.