Consecutive Tourist Visas.

I'm currently on my first of three multiple-entry 60 day tourist visas and hold an Australian passport. It recently occurred to me that I should return to Australia, midway through the second-entry, for personal reasons, for one week, at the turn of February to March next year.

At that time, it would seem that I'd still have one unused 60 day tourist visa, and assume that it could be utilised to apply for permission to stay another 60 days on return to Thailand at the beginning of the second week of March. However, I plan to visit the Royal Thai Embassy on the Tuesday morning at 09:00 and apply for a fresh multiple-entry tourist visa (three of) to hopefully pickup on Thursday before flying back to Thailand on the weekend.

I have no problem with forfeiting the third of the current tourist visas, but write this thread to inquire as to whether the standard rule-of-thumb might prevent a tourist from obtaining a multiple-entry tourist visa a couple of days after returning from Thailand to Australia with half of the extant visa still active. Would anyone have any knowledge on whether it is possible to fly from Thailand back to my home nation, and immediately apply for another multiple-entry tourist visa, providing my reasons are sound?

It should not be a problem if you have good reasons, although the consulate in Perth might be more relaxed than the embassy.

People's travel plans do change.

Thank you Mario. I wrote the wrong word up there. Sorry. The consulate, of course. Hopefully the reasons I have now will still be as valid next March, and based mainly on trying to regain my health after having been ill for three years in Australia. I realise that pre-2006 we could do border runs repeatedly for another 30 days tourist, but just thought it might be worth checking about whether there might be some limitations on flying all the way home to Perth for a week and starting again. If no better options come along in these next 10 weeks, then that will be my last resort, hopefully. Thanks for clarification. I'll dress nicely on that Tuesday morning and save the Coming Home/Going Away party until Friday night so I don't look too red-eyed. :)