Police Arrest Former Tpv

JimsKnight

PATTAYA TOURIST POLICEMAN CAUGHT DRIVING AT HIGH SPEED WITH SIRENS BLARING

A Swedish national who was a Pattaya Tourist Police Volunteer has been arrested for driving his vehicle drunk and at high speed with the police sirens blaring.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000011532

Pattaya, the 23rd of December 2009 [PDN]: Police Lieautenant Colonel Wittaya Yeunyong stated to reporters that at around 2:00am on Wednesday he was patrolling the area around Pratamnak Hill when he spotted a white pickup driving erratically with sirens blaring. Lt. Col. Yeunyong proceeded to stop the vehicle under the overpass on Pratamnak Road in order to investigate the reasons behind the disturbance.

After the vehicle had been pull over by police it was discovered that the driver of the white Toyota Vigo pickup was Mr. Jon Ogeborg a Swedish national. Mr. Ogeborg was evidently extremely intoxicated and had with him an unknown Thai woman, believed to be his girlfriend. Upon further investigation it was discovered that he had also previously been a Pattaya Tourist Police Volunteer, however; his license had expired in May of 2009 and was therefore no longer valid.

Police questioned Mr. Ogeborg as to why he was driving so recklessly whilst drunk, also wishing to know why he had the sirens on so late at night without reason. Mr. Ogeborg explained to police that he had no idea that the sirens were on until the police pulled him over. He also stated that he was not drunk and had not been driving recklessly, mentioning that he and his girlfriend were merely driving home.

It was quite evident to police at this time that the man had consumed far too much alcohol, at which point he was arrested and taken down to the station. Police will now wait until Mr. Ogeborg is sufficiently sober before they re-interrogate him to find out why he had been driving drunk with the sirens on, without justification.

If you read the story you will see he was a trainee and never passed the training and was carrying an expired trainee badge from May 2009. He was a silly man for doing what he was doing and was bound to get caught one day, and so he should. It does go to show how careful we have to be when we accept new people into the program. In this case, we were correct to remove him from the program in the training stage.

If you read the story you will see he was a trainee and never passed the training and was carrying an expired trainee badge from May 2009. He was a silly man for doing what he was doing and was bound to get caught one day, and so he should. It does go to show how careful we have to be when we accept new people into the program. In this case, we were correct to remove him from the program in the training stage.

Where is that explained in the story?

Gotcha

Where is that explained in the story?

It is explained in the Pattaya One News version of the story which is the more accurate one as I had prior knowledge of the man as he was once a trainee in the group.

Edited by hm1973

Gotcha

What did you get?

Apparently the protocol for removing someone from the program does not include confiscating any identification badges that had been issued? Was he removed from the program before his badge's expiration date? or after? Either way, it's reckless to allow someone to have possession of it who isn't authorized to have it.

Also, was no one in the program aware that his personal vehicle was decked out with illegal lights and illegal sirens? Guess with their patrolling together when he was with the TPV, I presumed other TPV's would know about it.

Edited by sepia

Former Foreign Tourist Police Assistant caught in his home-made “Police Car”

23rd December 2009

In the early hours of Wednesday Morning, Police were made aware of a foreign man who was seen driving a White Pick-up fitted with emergency lights and a Police siren. Police pulled the vehicle over under the overpass leading to the Bali Hai Port at the south-end of Pattaya Third Road and spoke with the driver, Mr. Jan Ogeborg aged 47 from Sweden. He appeared in a drunken state and produced an expired Tourist Police Assistant Trainee Badge and claimed he was under the care of a high ranking Police Officer. Mr. Ogeborg and the white Toyota Vigo were taken to Pattaya Police Station where it was revealed that Mr. Ogeborg failed to complete his training with the Tourist Police Assistants due to issues arising during the training period. It was also revealed that he had tried to re-join the group earlier this month without success. When asked why he was using the lights and siren, he claimed that he had no idea that the siren was on and was driving quickly so he could return home to take some medication. Police are now investigating Mr. Ogeborg further in conjunction with the Tourist Police who confirmed he left the assistant program in May 2009.

www.pattayaone.net

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

23 Dec 2009

I must admit that I am absolutely AMAZED that every time a 'Volunteer' is caught doing the wrong thing . He / She is a "former " or "failed" one.

I am extremely impressed with the system that keeps the "Teams" so straight & narrow & believe that some of these systems should be Introduced to other Agencies , not only in Thailand , but, worldwide.

Perhaps the Protocols could be in a Manual for dissemination on the web to assist all Law Enforcement Departments on 'Best Practise' for pre - employment.

:)

Gotcha

What did you get?

A bloody good laugh, I suppose. Never mind Howard, you are priceless

Gotcha

What did you get?

Little boys with badges, they should hang this guy by his goolies for endangering life like that.

That position Howard, certainly does attract some odd ones, doesnt it. :)

Gotcha

What did you get?

Little boys with badges, they should hang this guy by his goolies for endangering life like that.

That position Howard, certainly does attract some odd ones, doesnt it. :)

And its my responsibility to root them out.

By the way I do accept the comment about us taking back the badges in such cases. Even though we never leave a valid badge with someone who has been removed, we have never been as concerned with expired badges. We will be removing all badges should the occassion arise again in the future when we have to remove someone, trainee or assistant from the program.

I was not aware Jan had kitted his truck out with the Police bits. This was a brand new truck and he had only had it for a couple of weeks. If I knew I would have said something as I saw him at Tesco-Lotus at the weekend!

Man was "Living the Dream" here in Thailand. Wanted to be a copper, got kicked out by the Walking Street Commandos at the first try . So he spends a pile of money on a truck, kits it out with all the bells and whistles just like his hero policemen. Might be a wannabee Starsky and Hutch, might be Colombo, might just be Dixon of Dock Green.

Maybe he wanted to be like Howard, who knows? Got to set your sights high in Thailand.

2 weeks later, he finds out for sure why he was not made of police material. He finds out he is a pisshead with a deaf penchant for sirens.

Dreams shattered, life in tatters. The slippery slope beckons. Let us have some pity for the poor man

All the people who are affiliated with either of the "farang" police organizations in town are pompous twits and wannabee cops. Most of them probably have criminal records and/or are involved with various shady activities around town (as their frequent arrests attest to) and hope to gain some veneer of credibility or protection from detection/prosecution by getting close to the police powers that be in town.

All the people who are affiliated with either of the "farang" police organizations in town are pompous twits and wannabee cops. Most of them probably have criminal records and/or are involved with various shady activities around town (as their frequent arrests attest to) and hope to gain some veneer of credibility or protection from detection/prosecution by getting close to the police powers that be in town.

Wow...what a revelation!

Does your statement include me?

In any organization their are always people who do not complete the training or even some misfits.

This reality of the world should not tarnish every member of an organization.

It is true that the Tourist Police Volunteers have limited authority, will not be able to get you out of all problems simply because you make a verbal claim. They must work within the constraints and reality of Thai Culture.

Most of us are aware of the failings of the BIB/Boys in Brown. However, the Tourist Police Volunteers do provide some valuable services. An example of these services are translation of things into languages other than Thai. At least they can try to get your version of what happened across to people who only speak the Thai language. Perhaps they can help mediate a solution according to Thai customs and law. They cannnot change Thai customs or law. We know that their are inequities in Thai customs and law. The Tourist Police Voulunteers cannnot change this.

I am hopeful that in time the Police Volunteers will develope into a better and more effective influence.

Man was "Living the Dream" here in Thailand. Wanted to be a copper, got kicked out by the Walking Street Commandos at the first try . So he spends a pile of money on a truck, kits it out with all the bells and whistles just like his hero policemen. Might be a wannabee Starsky and Hutch, might be Colombo, might just be Dixon of Dock Green.

Maybe he wanted to be like Howard, who knows? Got to set your sights high in Thailand.

2 weeks later, he finds out for sure why he was not made of police material. He finds out he is a pisshead with a deaf penchant for sirens.

Dreams shattered, life in tatters. The slippery slope beckons. Let us have some pity for the poor man

Just another AH in Thailand !!!!!!

Your post exposes you as just what you are, just another one.

It's a bit unfair for tourists to have to put up with the shambles of the tourist police. When the word 'police' is mentioned it should reflect a level of integrity and a decent human being you can trust in. Tourist police should be called tourist helpers as that is all you are, and being a step below the thai police who are below the levels of thrash in thai peoples eyes i'm surprised you would want that label anyway.

This is a very infantile and totally un-deserved silly statement, especially coming from someone calling himself "FarangBuddha" - this says little about the Volunteer Police Chaps, but a lot about a Falang who calls himslef a Buddhist, but makes it blatently obvious that his is totally clueless on both subjects !

All you have to do is walk into the main Pattaya Police Station. In the past this was very hard,because nobody there could speak any English. Nowadays -and thanks to this organization; there's a clean-cut gentleman (in a black semi-uniform: so you can recognize him !) sitting there.He's eager to help translate, direct or oherwise assist an any way that's required.

It is very easy to be critical of these 'boys-in-Black, but it is my experience here (18 years in Pattaya) that the vast majority have taken on this role (and donate their precious time ! ! !) in order to help their fellow-farang and to make life a bit easier for their gun-toting collegues.

Nobody should ever judge an entire organization on the actions of a few, who don't fit the mold !

I salute the Pattaya Police Volunteers for doing an outstanding job/service and I respect their efforts within our community !

:)

Jaap K.

Pattaya

Edited by jaapfries

Wow...what a revelation!

Does your statement include me?

I don't know Howard, I don't know any of the Pattaya volunteer Police, actually I don't know any Volunteer Police in Thailand nor have I had any dealings with them, so I'm not going to comment personally about them. I will say this however, it amazes me why anybody would bother to deal with the constant crap that gets levelled at these guys, I've seen a couple of videos online with what they have put up with, hel_l I know personally what goes on in the Policing role BUT for the life of me I just can't work out why anybody would want to expose themself to the trials and tribulations of this role in Thailand.

Its going to be difficult to 'root them out' as Howard put it & I can imagine there would be no shortage of utter dikcheads that would want to flock to carry out this role. I would imagine this situation would only become so much more complicated when dealing with the poor & corrupt standard of the Thai Police and I can just imagine all the internal politics and crap that goes along with that.

Good luck Howard, your going to need it. Again I scratch my head, I use to get paid good money in exchange for my time & experience in carrying out this type of roll, doing it for nicks..... :D , YOU'VE got to be MAD! :):D