Pattaya To Chiang Mai

travellife

I was planning on taking the train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, but the train is all booked up until January 4th (maybe the travel agencies booked them all)

The alternative is to take the bus. I will leave Pattaya on Sunday or Monday.

I heard there is a bus that departs from the Nakhonchai Air Bus Station on Sukhumvit and Pattaya Klang (Central)

Has anyone tried this bus service? I am curious how nice the bus is and whether it stops in Bangkok or goes straight to Chiang Mai?

================================================================================

================

Here is what I found on their website.

Nakhonchai Air Pty Ltd is one of the leading Thai private bus companies. With its VIP (gold) and second class (silver) service it covers most of the major routes in central and northern Thailand. Each gold buy has a 'hostess' on board, snacks and a bottle of water are included in the price, and each bus has an onboard toilet. Services are usually (~90%) on time. There is a web site for the company, but despite many promises, it is still only in Thai.

I can highly recommend this service. I took NCA VIP bus from Chiang Mai to Pattaya in September 760 Baht each way. On board service,meals ,blankets, recline-able seats, movies. About 11 hours each way, by passes Bangkok and only makes about 5 stops.

I can highly recommend this service. I took NCA VIP bus from Chiang Mai to Pattaya in September 760 Baht each way. On board service,meals ,blankets, recline-able seats, movies. About 11 hours each way, by passes Bangkok and only makes about 5 stops.

Never used this service myself but my wife occasionally does if she is travelling alone and doesn't feel like driving. She speaks very highly of the VIP service they offer.

• 1 month later...

Nakhonchai Air brochures list bus service from chiang mai to rayong.

is rayong considered part of pattaya?

where is the nakonchai bus terminal located?

the only info i can find is that it's on sukhumvit road, but that road is 100km long.

i'll be coming from cambodia by bicycle to rayong/pattaya....

Nakhonchai Air brochures list bus service from chiang mai to rayong.

is rayong considered part of pattaya?

where is the nakonchai bus terminal located?

the only info i can find is that it's on sukhumvit road, but that road is 100km long.

i'll be coming from cambodia by bicycle to rayong/pattaya....

As far as i know the bus starts in Rayong then stops to pick up in Pattaya on Sukhumvit by Pattaya Klang otherwise known as central Pattaya road .

As far as i know the bus starts in Rayong then stops to pick up in Pattaya on Sukhumvit by Pattaya Klang otherwise known as central Pattaya road .

thanks.

that's where it gets confusing. it seems the bus terminal in rayong also is on sukhumvit road.

unlike other cities, google maps does not show the location of these two terminals. it does show the location

of the pattaya beauty salon school on pattaya klang though.

i did find this "Orientation And Practical Information.  Rayong’s main street, Sukhumvit Road, runs east-west through the center of town. The bus station is two blocks north of Sukhumvit Rd. The ocean lies to the south. Services include: TAT Office (☎ 038 611 104), on the corner of Sukhumvit Rd. and Sukhumvit Nakornrayong 45, east of the bus station; free Internet access on the second floor of Star Plaza mall, across from the Star Hotel; and the post office on Sukhumvit Rd., half a block east of the bus station, across from Sukhumvit Nakornrayong 43."

that would put the station close to the intersection of sukhumvit road (hwy 3) and thanon chanudom (route 3138)

• 1 month later...

wound up taking a bus from trat to rayong. the nice driver even agreed to drop me off at the nakhonchai terminal,

which as it turns out, is NOT co-located with the regular bus terminal as in chiangmai.

nakhonchai coach air terminal in rayong is located on sukhumvit road at the junction with sukhumvit nakornrayong 10.

near the home pro.

• 1 year later...

Anyone knows the hours when the bus from Rayong departs? And arrives at Pattaya to the Nakonchai Air Bus Station?

I've checked the site, even translated it in google translate, but theres no Rayong-ChangMai bus schedule... ?

I hope its still valid. I've seen the Rayong-ChangMai bus pass me on Sukhumvit in Sri Racha so I'm pretty sure there's one :)

Edited by ficzy

Thanks for the information. I stopped by the office today and the buses are all full until January. It seems the holiday period is very busy.

Wow - I go up and down all the time and that is the first time I have heard that - I would go and check again - there are lots of buses each day!!

If you are right - see if you can go to Chiang Rai and then get a bus to Chiang Mai - just a suggestion

The post that you just answered is from December 2009. I'm sure that there are buses available by now. :D

serves me right for being bored and not checking dates !!

Oh well time for a drink instead :burp:

Had me going for a moment to - 6 months booked up? :D

OK '

Been there, saw it, SO some details

3 possible destinations from Pattaya Nakhonchai Air Station

Pattaya - Ubon

07:59 - silver class

08:13 - gold class

16:53 - economic class

17:28 - gold class

17:57 - silver class

18:08 - economic class

18:48 - gold class

19:58 - economic class

20:?0 - gold class

20:?0 - gold class

21:00 - gold class

Pattaya - Maesai

12:27 - economic class

15:13 - gold class

15:26 - silver class

18:00 - gold class

Pattaya - Chiang Mai

06:10 - economic class

14:56 - silver class

15:57 - economic class

17:00 - gold class

18;00 - gold class

18:35 - silver class

19;30 - gold class

20:00 - gold class

still theres nothing on there web site about pattaya... it suck when planning a trip :P

hope it'll help

pozdro