Service

aviador88

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

A successful way to repair things in Thaland

We all have an experience of selecting and procuring household and entertainment goods from Tesco/Big c. We like our creature comforts and time saving devices but they don,t seem to last to long here before they are kaput (a universal term expressing demise) the UK equivalent term is f***ed. However I know a Thai guy that can fix anything electronic if the spare parts are available. Here is the meat in the sandwich, the proverbial spanner in the works.

Our story begins at Tesco to buy a luxury westernised item. In this case, a remote wall fan for the bedroom (a necessity in the tropics). Fitting and operation are straightforward and we enjoy over a year of bedroom bliss! Impressed by the product and filled with enthusiasm for such inexpensive luxury items we return to Tesco to get a dvd player for the bedroom, to replace the surround sound system some very nice people helped themselves to. Anyway everything goes well until the remote for the fan seems to be operating at the same frequency as the dvd player. Mai pan rai –until the fan cease to be. No point returning it to Tesco though.. hey?

My Thai guy looks at it for a month and concludes it,s kaput, If the spares are available he can fix it forthwith. I am aware of the procedure in the UK. Return the faulty goods and receive a new fan. With this thought fresh in my mind, and short of another option I return to Tesco and buy a new fan, get it home, and replace the faulty PCB/IC with the new one (from the new fan obviously, for those struggling to keep up). Now just to reassemble the new fan, that is now kaput, and return it to Tesco, within seven days and with the receipt of course. Presto – full refund in line with Tesco,s refund policy. Problem solved.

Be nice to here of other last resort solutions.

regards :o

• 2 weeks later...

Aviador are you still with us ??? I spent half of a rainy day (up country in Buriram) reading about your trials and tribulations, expecting more, only to see you disappear off the radar. Are you alright mate? Maybe you are having problems with your internet provider. :o Although I could never see that happening here :D In Australia you would be called a "silly old bugger" which is actually a term of enderment. What you have done, and what you are doing is commendable. I, for one, am looking forward to any further installments. :D As a fellow flyer (albeit a lighty/ultralight) I always look for the blue sky :D

I've read all of Aviador's posts, and they are amusing. But, I have a feeling they are exagerated and embelished for effect. I KNOW some of the things he says are bullshit.

I think his motto could be the same as Mel Gibson's. "Never let the facts get in the way of a good story".

Flame away.

Edited by Sir Burr

I've read all of Aviador's posts, and they are amusing. But, I have a feeling they are exagerated and embelished for effect. I KNOW some of the things he says are bullshit.I think his motto could be the same as Mel Gibson's. "Never let the facts get in the way of a good story".

Flame away.

Ok Mr Know-it-all, put up or shut up! :o

What a pity you fail to contribute something positive when you post. :D

I'm guessing, but I reckon you'd be the pub bore in Phuket.... :D

Yes, I haven’t posted anything, especially after reading some of the above. I am being accused of story telling and embellishing. An author I am not and in truth I have a hard time dealing with the situation. I came here with 3 million Baht in the bank and because of my naiveté and trying to be a nice guy I wound up holding the bag. I now find it hard to trust anybody at this stage.

Even my falang friend Berni whom I lent a million Baht in order for him to get a non O retirement visa, as proof of the required 800,000 Baht bank balance. From day one, he used the money as though it were his own.

I don't really have to justify anything, but here are:

the following are e-mails between T. and I, if it makes my situation a tad more believable.

August 27th 2005 T. wrote:

Now I would like to tell you about my big problems as you know I use many money for my bussiness and construction in Khaolak but all of it lost when Tsunami come.I have to pay for a driver and construction but I can't get money beck from agency. And I use your money for do the bussiness again in Phuket with hoping it will help me to have a good life but it not so good because my partner (who's my friend) he cheating my money and I can't find him. So ow do I do? I know it's the wrong to take money from you account.But I don't know how to do and how to tell you.and because of this cause it make me confused I don't want to go back to Khaolak and don't want to see anybody.I'm scare nobody understand me but they will blaim me like you do at this time.

I don't cheating you money. I will return i to you I don't destroy my life my future by only this money. I still have my house my family in Khaolak but as you do to me you tell this problem to manyperson It damage my name and my family's name . How i can stay and can do the business in khaolak again cause it not to much money.

Papa, I think between us we still have relaionship,I will work hard ,work o give you money back even not all of it in one time but I will return it 20,000 to 30,000 Baht per monthIf I have much I give much.will you believe me or not it up to you but I will do for you to believe me again.Can you forgive me ? give me a chance I want to have a good life and good bussiness like anybody.I'm a man if I do the wrong thing I need a chance to sorving to a correct. Please,give me a chance and stop to destroy me by tell to any body cause 1 person will tell to 2 person to ten person and all of the village so how do my family can stay.I love my son and my family like you love it have valueable than money which I used from you.

Please , forgive me

Ti

In the end of this month I will send the fisrt money

August 30th 2005

fred

I told you on last mail end of this month today you can get money befor 5 p.m when i back from chang mai i can find big money i can send to you big money and give time for me

Sept. 3rd 2005

PAPA

On 10th this month I will send more 50.000 baht befor 5.00 PM

My reply:

Oh yea ????????? Where is it ?????

Sept 14th 2005

papa

I NO BUT SOMEONE HE BUY MY MINIBUS HE CHANG FROM 10th to 19th I WILL GIVE YOU SOURE 19th THIS MONTH WHENE I HAVE MOUCH I GIVE YOU MOUCH

Sept 15th 2005

PAPA

EVERY BAHT WILL TURN TO YOU I AM NOT A BAD MAN LIKE YOU SAID

Sept. 26th 2005

Papa

I would like to tell you that tomorrow I will send money to you 100% If tomorrow you not recieve money from me you can go to police.And I would like to tell you about Mahn he can use his life normally in Khaolak because he is my employee in work promitt so he is in my responsible. I can guarantee that the police not catch him cause the every police in Khaolak know me if there is any problem for Burmese in Khaolak the police will tell me.And for your money if you would like to do by lawyer is up to you because I can do as good as I have power to doI don't know how to find money for 100.000 Baht per month when I work and get money I have to pay to you,give for my mother,give for milk and every things of my son and my wife so I can give to you as much as I can give .I already told you If I have much I give you much maybe if you do it by lawyer I can tell him and they will order me to pay you 5.000Baht per month or mush as i can give.for insurance you can let your lawyer check it with the insurance company cause the name for the owner of the car is me but the people who get money from insurance is you not me and you will know i not get money from insurance even think the not have me I don't know how my family can stay. I can tell oyu that I can do as good as I can do

My reply on the 27th of September.

[Papa

I would like to tell you that tomorrow I will send money to you 100% If tomorrow you not recieve money from me you can go to police.]

Well, believe me I won’t hold my breath.

[And I would like to tell you about Mahn he can use his life normally in Khaolak because he is my employee in work promitt so he is in my responsible. I can guarantee that the police not catch him cause the every police in Khaolak know me if there is any problem for Burmese in Khaolak the police will tell me.And for your money if you would like to do by lawyer is up to you because I can do as good as I have power to do

I don't know how to find money for 100.000 Baht per month ]

Stop right there: Who said anything about 100,000 baht per month ?

[when I work and get money I have to pay to you,give for my mother,give for milk and every things of my son and my wife,]

Am I responsible for the support of your mother, your wife and your son ??? You stole over 1 1/2 million baht from me. I am sure your still drive around in your 1,8 Million baht Toyota ? If you had robbed a bank for a Million baht, would you tell the police you needed money for milk for your son ? What a laugh. !!!!!!

[so I can give to you as much as I can give .I already told you If I have much I give you much maybe if you do it by lawyer I can tell him and they will order me to pay you 5.000Baht per month]

5000 Baht a month ???? I won’t live long enough to collect what you owe me.

[or mush as i can give.for insurance you can let your lawyer check it with the insurance company cause the name for the owner of the car is me.]

You are the owner ???? HOW ??? Did you pay for this car ???? You told me this bullshit that farang can’t own a new car. Horse shit. I checked with the authorities and AMERICAN farang CAN own any car.

[but the people who get money from insurance is you not me and you will know i not get money from insurance even 1 Baht.]

So what was this garbage about going to court, getting a lawyer and you telling me on the telephone that it was settled.???? You are a pathological liar, a crook and a common thief. You just needed an excuse to get power of attorney from me so you can go to the bank and steal the money.

You not only cheated me, but you also gave me a bad name to Ross Dworman, whom I now can not pay back the money he “LOANED” us, because you were too eager to get the project at the school started before the 500,000 Baht from Ross arrived and who knows how much “commission“ you collected from the contractor.

Is this how Thais reward people who came from far away to help with the rebuilding after the Tsunami ????? Millions of Baht disappeared and were stolen by the police, officials and people like you. I know f**ng falang is a national pat time, but I worked over 50 years for my money and I won’t let a two bit hoodlum like you screw me out of it. Stop playing the big shot and go to work instead of drinking whiskey every night with your friends. At least Berni was man enough to admit he stole money from me and is willing to pay me back.

I still INSIST on getting the book for my car, my bank pass book and my ATM card.

I also need to know when the tax on the car is due and the insurance payment. Also, do I have health insurance or not ? I did pay you for it.

On the 30th, he sent 15,000 Baht.

I now know that he mortgaged my truck, for which I paid over 700,000 Baht CASH. At least I have the receipt. I am still looking for an attorney, one whom I can trust. (Not to many of those around. I know because I have dealt with some shysters back in the US)

Greetings, the ol’ captain, still hanging in. :o