Yamaha Nouvo Modifications

Orangutan

Update!

Paid Panda at 14:00 yesterday at the ATM, delivered at 10:00 this morning, EMS .

Amazing! I'll be back! Unbelievable service from a Thai co.

If you email Panda, mark it Att: K. Siam

--------------

120 db hurts. :)

--------------

There's another Whitey Elegance for sale today.

46000bt. Less than 1000kms on the clock

Phone Mike. from here.

Edited by GungaDin

Does the rack look like this?

post-53559-1265757193_thumb.jpg

How much was the Shad size 50 box?

Nope, my rack is pretty simple, just bolts under the seat using 4 stock bolts.

The rack above looks like it accommodates side bags.

Since the Shad base is bolted to the rack you can't see it all but you get the idea.

I honestly can't remember what the Shad 40 costed me, maybe 2500bht but I'm not really sure.

I do recall going to another shop before Dr Bike and they wanted the same price so there are no deals on this brand it seems.

post-91685-1265998173_thumb.jpg

Edited by ttakata

• 4 weeks later...

Not really, just some washing up liquid, sponge or a mild brush keeps them clean.

You have to stay on top of the cleaning with the black, filthy air here. :D

I hate Red, but anything to make the drunks and morons driving here notice me or look twice, is worth putting up with a color I don't like.

Have just ordered this luggage outfit. :)

post-53559-1268660766_thumb.jpg

From this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZIsVg8E_WI...feature=related

Maybe someone could embed it?

The bike ain't half bad either.... :D 600cc?

Comments invited........

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to find a cigar lighter socket in Tesco, Salaya, yesterday.

No luck. Mai mee!

Halfords, or a US accessory chain, please open up in Thailand! :)

Why are the simplest things so hard to find here? :D

Where did you (anyone) buy the socket?

• 1 year later...

Hey,

We had to build our own rear and side racks in Chiang Mai. Unfortunately, there is usually out of stock or no ready-to-fix solutions available ;/ These were made for our backpacks with average 55+10 liters. My bike has slightly narrower side racks than my mates. The good side - less sticking out hence you won't have to remember about them while sneaking through heavy traffic, downsides - little harder to put in backpacks but we learned how to do it after few times. We also use PacSafe net's to protect our backpack's content from getting stolen (at least they'll make it more difficult).

We'll be selling our two LCE's in Thailand (not sure which part we'll end up) after we finish our trips i.e. before Vietnam and China where we can't go on our own bikes (d**n restrictions!). We think it'll be around the end of June 2012 (ODO's now about 7k & we intend to do another 6-8k, full Yamaha service history available, 1st owner).

We love riding them so much that it'll be be very sad to let them go but there is far too much bureaucratic & service problems to take them back to EU. PM me if anyone's interested or see davss com / yamaha-lc-135-elegance page for pics.

Best, David

Edited by DavidSadowski

• 4 weeks later...

So Boy mentioned there are 3 tires available that fit our wheels but keep in mind no one makes the stock front tire size.

The stock rear size is 80/90-16 and he had a Dunlop TT900 available for 750BHT.

I decided to put this tire on the front rim only.

Since the front and rear wheels seem to have the same rim width it is safe to run this tire on both wheels for the cheapest option.

I then opted to get an even bigger rear tire, but Dunlop doesn't make one.

So I got an IRC model SS-530F size 100/80-16 for 1200BHT.

You can see how much bigger this tire is in the picture.

Boy mentioned that Bridgestone makes a Battlax tire for this bike but it is around 2000BHT for one tire.

I used to have Bridgestone Battlax BT016 tires on my MV Agusta and they were great tires but this is a freakin scooter so I went the cheaper route.

The rubber compound on the Dunlop and IRC (Japanese brand) was noticeably tacky like the BT016s I had.

It took 30 minutes to have my tires swapped and they didn't charge me for install.

They weren't balanced but neither were the stock tires.

If you have an old bike, you should get the valvestems replaced too, but I skipped this since my bike only has 1500KM on the odo.

As the pic shows the tires have a similar diameter on the bike.

You can see how much the front fender gap has been filled by the new Dunlop.

Sadly the IRC doesn't have the cool colored letters the Dunlop does.

So for 1950BHT I have some real (sportbike quality) tires that have great grip.

With the much softer compounds and bigger contact patches, I'm confident I reduced my chances of wiping out significantly.

A pretty cheap investment in safety if you ask me.

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I'm looking for some larger tyres myself - with these exact dimensions. Just wondering how you're going with these after two years, and if you'd recommend this combination?

I have a Yamaha 125GT, it is vibrating from the front wheel, one bike shop said i needed a new tyre, so i took to Yamaha dealer as i was going to change the oil and so i changed the tyre, but the vibration is still there, i bought the bike recently 2nd hand wonder if there has been a prior accident and maybe bent wheel rim, or maybe shocks, anyone any idea what the cause of the problem may be.

Sorry adding on this thread just not want to start a newone, thanks in advance,nev.

I have a Yamaha 125GT, it is vibrating from the front wheel, one bike shop said i needed a new tyre, so i took to Yamaha dealer as i was going to change the oil and so i changed the tyre, but the vibration is still there, i bought the bike recently 2nd hand wonder if there has been a prior accident and maybe bent wheel rim, or maybe shocks, anyone any idea what the cause of the problem may be.

Sorry adding on this thread just not want to start a newone, thanks in advance,nev.

to be honest, just copy and paste this into your own thread, you'll get alot more replies. I have a few ideas what could be causing the problem but i'll answer you in your own thread :)

to be honest, just copy and paste this into your own thread, you'll get alot more replies. I have a few ideas what could be causing the problem but i'll answer you in your own thread smile.png

Yeah, a question about vibration on a Yamaha 125GT in a thread titled Yamaha Nouvo Modifications isn't going to get too many answers!

• 3 months later...

Already posted as new thread, but i need some info please

After nouvo 135 ,customised decals and custom parts

looking for above and also other mods and custom parts....mags ,shockies, brake kits etc

Seems to be a heap in phils and malasia, but cant seem to get onto any here on Phuket, or if not here in Bangkok

Maybe already on TV but cant seem to find them..

Any info much appreciated...

Maybe a pipe dream, but would love to get hold of ''Rossi GP'' set...

Edited by maipompui