Baskin Robbins Closed

mild7even

Swenson's is great ice cream. BR - I never bothered.

Bud's is sold through the retail channel & that includes every chain grocery store worth mentioning.

Mr Donut? Never Dunkin? - ALWAYS.

Hagen Daas at Emporium is 110 a scoop. When hel_l freezes over. Can get a whole meal at Mickey Dees for that money.

Edited by powderpuff

I just tested ice chic and it's ok.

I didn't eat much ice cream since baskin robins closed, only occasionally a tiny, expensive cup of haagen dazs from rimping or frappucinos from starbucks.

So i sure will eat ice cream there more often in the next weeks. If you buy a small cup you can get one free before 28th Feb, so you can get 2 scoops for under 50 THB, thats ok.

I still remember the time when one scoop was 1000 LIT in italy... that would be around 20 THB ;-) long time ago

I can say that Buenissimo's chocolate wins by a mile as far as I'm concerned in the individual flavour stakes.

Buenissimo is supposed to be closing very soon. :)

I hope not..... I like that place....

Heard that Sergio, owner of Buonissimmo is closing only the restaurant side of the business but will continue with Italian imports business to supply hotels/restaurants.

Actually, he has already opened a small restaurant very close to the new McDonalds at Thapae Gate, but they are going to close it again in a few days to build a shopfront and close it in from the street. Sergio's partner seems to be there a lot more than he is.

Where exactly? :)

As no one seems to have located Ice Chic I'll guess it's about 100 metres down Lane 7 or 9 off Nimmenheiminda.It's certainly one of those Lanes but can't say which "exactly".Maybe someone can help pinpoint it.

Ice chic is between soi 11 and 13. If you go Nimmanhaeminroad southward, turn left at the bike shop (soi11) or salad bar (soi13).

The ice cream tastes best in daytime when it's hot ;-)

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement.