Crocs On Adults ... Fashion Statement From hel_l?

Jingthing

Crocs (apt name)  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How much longer do we have to see CROCS (or even worse COPY CROCS) on adults?

How out or in do you feel CROCS on adults are?

I wore them. LAST YEAR. Never again.

Could this be the first poll of 2010?

post-37101-1262294730_thumb.jpg

Please note -- this poll IS biased. Please melt down your CROCS now, before it is too late ...

http://ihatecrocsblog.blogspot.com/

Edited by Jingthing

CROCS are an abomination on anyone over the age of 12, by which time they should have a developed sense of style & refuse to wear them. My son is 2 & they are useful for getting on & off & general running around but any long walks & I put him in proper shoes that support his arches & ankles. Crocs are for garden, beach, and playing around water imo. and certainly not for adults in any shape or form (except maybe as gardening shoes?)

I've never owned Crocs and I shall never. :D I believe all the Crocs in the world should be thrown in a big pile

and lit as such it become the biggest bonfire ever made. :) Larger than the disco demolition in Chicago back in

1979 at baseballs Comiskey Park that led to the beginning of the demise of disco. This would be the beginning of the end

for these sorry excuses for footware. :D

They are comfortable, protect your toes slightly more than sandals or flip flops, but still allow your feet to breath. Fashion sense? You guys start looking like Brad Pitt? Because the farangs I see walking around Thailand don't seem to care about fashion, nor should you. Personal comfort and practicality are fashionable.

Haha! Crocs are hideous. I find it amazing that people not only buy these things, they buy them in the most garish florescent tones. A grown man in a bright orange Crocs is such a sad thing to see. Except of course if some sort of water activity is going on. At the mall, sad.

They are comfortable, protect your toes slightly more than sandals or flip flops, but still allow your feet to breath. Fashion sense? You guys start looking like Brad Pitt? Because the farangs I see walking around Thailand don't seem to care about fashion, nor should you. Personal comfort and practicality are fashionable.

Exactly. They're dam_n comfortable (but my wife has prohibited me from wearing them :))

Exactly. They're dam_n comfortable (but my wife has prohibited me from wearing them :))

I agree they are comfortable, but your wife is right. Walking around bare arsed is comfortable too.

Well, I guess its official.

The Washington Post's end of the decade Good Riddance they are really, really OUT list!

GOOD RIDDANCE

The Simon Cowell prototype

Adult kickball teams

Crocs and Uggs

Executive hubris

Yogalates

Jay Leno

Cause bracelets

Rainbow threat levels

Antioxidants in berries we've never heard of

Carbophobia

Edited by Jingthing

Well, I guess its official.

The Washington Post's end of the decade Good Riddance they are really, really OUT list!

GOOD RIDDANCE

Crocs and Uggs

I love my crocs while I'm doing outdoor housework such as gardening and car washing... I don't see any reason not to wear them in certain situations. I wouldn't wear them if I were going out though.

I assume the aforementioned 'Uggs' are these?

CLASSIC+LONG+UGG+Boot+Chestnut1.jpg

If so, then the Washington Post can get stuffed! They've been part of Australian culture for quite some time and are a perennial favourite around the house during winter. As for wearing them out and about though... surely that's reserved for bogans only :)

sophie-monk-hot-3.jpg

(One sexy bogan though :D )

Comfort has been mentioned as a reason to wear these awful things and, quite rightly, been shot down (many things are comfortable and also wrong)

normally I'm quite a tolerant person, race, religion, sexual orientation, even supporting Millwall don't really bother me, or put me off a person.

But wearing big pink rubber sandals is just wrong!

stop it at once, come to your senses! surely there must be some help you can get! there must be other people out there who can share your pain and help you work through this horrendous affliction, as for crocs with socks! well, lost for words is something I'm rarely accused of but that just takes the biscuit!

Maybe, just maybe, exceptions should be made for those unfortunate enough to have these on prescription for some unimaginable foot ailment but even in those circumstances isn't amputation a realistic alternative?

I think on-the-spot fines and/or community service orders for first offenders followed by jail-time for a repeat offence would be in order.

Together we can stamp this out!

JUST SAY NO!

I hope that one day there will come a time when we can walk safely anywhere in this world of ours and say, with heads held high, Yes, there was a dark time long long ago when some of us did wear moulded rubber foot coverings, and, despite the warnings and out-crying of our brothers and sisters, we persisted, we paid money for these so-called shoes and lined the pockets of those evil enough to profit from our shame, we are deeply ashamed of that time, but equally proud that we, as a species, came together and fought against this evil and now.... THERE ARE NO MORE CROCS!

I have a dream.

Edited by bifftastic

I assume the aforementioned 'Uggs' are these?

CLASSIC%20LONG%20UGG%20Boot%20Chestnut1.jpg

If so, then the Washington Post can get stuffed! They've been part of Australian culture for quite some time and are a perennial favourite around the house during winter. As for wearing them out and about though...

Zzinged - I hear that the new fad for last season was to wear ugg boots out and about

so a lot of cute girls did wear them out and about :D

the current new fad though, seems to be VERY short shorts, with a blazer type jacket. looks alright. except the ones that pull down their pockets below the shorts (also another fad it seems!)

no comment on the croc. as it might offend a certain poster :)

Croc’s may be fugly but they are f’n comfortorble! I bought some in the south of france early this year when i was doing a ton of walking - they were grrrrrrrrreat - on and off the beach, around town whatever, always comfortable.

• 4 weeks later...

i have 2 pairs. one at my house on the beach, one for around the yaerd in bangkok.

each pair cosists of one tan croc, one khaki croc.

say what you will, but if you are spending alot of time on the sand or in and out of a boat, a pair o' crocs aint a bad thing.

i would also rather ride a bike in crocs than flip fops.

but yes out of a very specific context, they are are naff indeed

I agree they are comfortable, but your wife is right. Walking around bare arsed is comfortable too.

Comfortable for some maybe..... :D

Well I voted for no feelings. What people choose to wear is their own choice and shouldn't be subject to any form of fashionista censorship.

Having said that I personally think they are they most hideous, crappy footwear ever foisted on the human race (but I'm sure some little nerd is beavering away somewhere to beat that neggolade [couldn't find an antonym for accolade]). I would prefer to walk barefoot over broken glass than wear those kiddy shoes but it would at least stop me looking down when I'm walking (probably would fall down an open manhole).

The only thing that is close to being so rediculous are those knee or calf length cargo pants blokes wear. If you are going to wear short wear SHORTS and if you are going to wear longs wear LONGS. Don't walk around looking like your mum and dad couldn't afford to buy you a new pair of trousers since you were 12.

But that's my view and I'm obviously in the minority judging by the popularity of the things. :)