Best Green Tea In Pattaya

thesyndicate

Green tea is less processed than the other darker teas. White tea is processed less than the green teas. See Wiki below:

White tea compared to green tea

A study at Pace University in 2004 showed white tea had more anti-viral and anti-bacterial qualities than green tea.[3]

White tea contains higher catechin levels than green tea due to its lack of processing.[4] Catechin concentration is greatest in fresh, unbroken and unfermented tea leaves.[5] Furthermore, one study examining the composition of brewed green and white teas found that white tea contained more gallic acid and theobromine.[6]

As white tea is made out of young leaves and buds, it has more of amino acid theanine (has relaxing and mood enhancing properties) than green and black teas which are made from older leaves.

Caffeine content of green and white teas are similar, though both depend on factors such as the variety of tea, the cut and length of the leaf, and the method of steeping.

White tea is thought to contain less fluoride than green tea, since it is made from young leaves only, but both white and green teas use young leaves, and bai mu dan white tea uses the more mature leaves as well.[5]

I always buy the Leng hong green tea from Carrefour.It is a chinese tea from Zhe Jiang which I looked up on Wiki and it seems to be one of the most popular kinds of chinese green tea.Box of 15 bags at 5 gr each for 49 Baht makes it also the cheapest green tea available.

You can buy green tea at any store in Pattaya ,tesco,carrfour,big c ect ect ,for vitamins go to Farcino on north Pasttaya road almost opp tesco ,its the cheapest(vitamins are expensive here) also if you get their loyalty card everything is 5% cheaper.

i use 3 cups a day and take vit e ,fish oil ,leicthin,ect. not dead yet :)

• 1 year later...

Just few days ago i found a very nice shop with teas, more than 60 flavor and all you can taste for FREE :). Name of that shop Tea Village, in Central center (BIG C north), second floor, not far from slots machine. This is very small shop but look very nice, and taste of some tea very amazing.

You must to go over there...

Just few days ago i found a very nice shop with teas, more than 60 flavor and all you can taste for FREE :). Name of that shop Tea Village, in Central center (BIG C north), second floor, not far from slots machine. This is very small shop but look very nice, and taste of some tea very amazing.

So its a shop and not a stall?

Hmm I better go there as I also like/drink 2-3 cups of the green stuff every day.

So its a shop and not a stall?

Hmm I better go there as I also like/drink 2-3 cups of the green stuff every day.

Okay went to that shop today, the girl in the shop is very beautiful and polite and speaks good English too, good start, he-he. Very good selection of teas: green, white, black, banana :blink: . Prices range from app. 50 bath for 100 grams to 240 bath for the white one. After I spend over 300 bath on 3 different teas to my wife and I, I got a printed paper with all the teas in the shop and what they are good for, have Thai and English, so all in all pretty good. Note she don't sell tea bags but only in bulk.

I will go again when I run low on teas but that will be a while B) . Thanks to khunV for the tip.

On that paper is a web-site:tea-village.com

Will check that now.

Yes, girl look very nice and very friendly. Yep I got printed paper too:) She sell tea bag also, but not too much, I bought black tea in tea bags, but only 7 tea bags in one pack for 60 baht. Next time I will buy in pack, better.

Thanks for web, on my paper don't have web:(

Maybe I have old one

Edited by KhunV

To clarify on the location, it's on the 2nd floor (1st floor to you Brits) of the Big C mall north Pattaya. If you take the escalators near the Fuji restaurant up to the second floor, you will see a hair-braiding stall directly ahead (along the front glass wall). The Village Tea stall is right next to it. It is a tiny stall (not even a shop) and I missed it twice (walked right past it) a couple times when I was first looking for it. They have around 30-40 loose-leaf teas for sale at around B 75-200 per 100 grams (minimum purchase). She has a proper tea tasting set-up and you are most welcome to sample any teas before you buy.