Burma Visa

uptoyoumyfriend

Most travel agents should have the visa form and be able to send your passport off to Bangkok to get the visa. I use STA Travel on Tha Phae Rd.

Myanmar used to have a system where you could apply on line for a visa. it wasn't working for a long time when they moved the gov't to the jungle and forgot to pack up the computer, but I heard it's working again. Not that I trust their system anyway.

Recent threads on thorntree seem to suggest that you need to apply in person, in Bangkok, no way around it, but at least you can get it the same day.

I spoke with my travel agent about a visa last week. They said they can handle it no problem.

• 1 year later...
Recent threads on thorntree seem to suggest that you need to apply in person, in Bangkok, no way around it, but at least you can get it the same day.

I spoke with my travel agent about a visa last week. They said they can handle it no problem.

Any updates on VOA for Myanmar? Is there any chance that it will be resurrected?

If not is it still possible to get a travel agent in CM to process the visa, or do I have to schlep down to Bangkok?

Last question. Any recommendations for a travel agent (based in CM or elsewhere) that can stitch together a trip to Myanmar?

utymf.

re ... Any recommendations for a travel agent (based in CM or elsewhere) that can stitch together a trip to Myanmar?

try these two.

the air bagan office is on the right of chang klan road before the shangrilla

and the myanmar tavel agent is obout 750 yards past it on the same side ( left )

good luck ... dave2

ps ... the sign says VOA 30 dollars so do you need one before you go ?

post-42592-0-05487000-1314160274_thumb.j

post-42592-0-14429100-1314160304_thumb.j

I have a good friend in Burma who runs Asia Trails Myanmar. You can email her and she will certainly update you with what you need and make arrangements like hotel or travel for you in Burma if that's what is required. Asia Trails also has a Bangkok office that works closely with the one in Burma and if you do book anything in Burma through them, they will certainly assist you with your visa.

PM me and I'll give you both email addresses and contact numbers if you are interested.

Edited by uptheos

Heard a rumor that they werre requiring a guide for every one in Burma now.

Don't know if there is any truth in it.

For everyone doing what?

I go to Yangon about 4 times a year and never been guided yet.

For those who haven't been, it's an amazing place to visit and so convenient from Chiang Mai.

Edited by uptheos