File Uk Income Tax Self Assessment On Line

JAS21

Has anyone actually done this with a Thailand address? Completed an On Line UK Income Tax Self Assessment.

So at the continued request of HMRC I decided this year to dispense with the paper self assessment form and registrer for on line filing. Today I decide to file the return. I get as far as entering my post code and it tells me...this is not a UK Post Code!!!...well even I know that...So I assume that as I have a foreign post code that there must be a special code to put in this box for those who live abroad.

So I phone the help line..infact several help lines until I find the department that I want. They give me a code...I try it... No. Back again to them, eventually I get someone really helpful and she explains that there was a problem but it was fixed back in November. So I end up with a case number and a promise to phone me back with what to do. She probably will.

I must have spent at least thirty minutes phoning around, waiting, being told that the weather was bad so everything is going slow, so please call back between 9am and 5pm..even though it was 8pm here, so 1pm in the UK. My pocket would be empty if it wasn't for skype.

So has anyone actually managed to file on line and if so...what did they put in the post code box....Thanks

You must have a UK address - they send you a code to that address that has to be entered within 30 days. Once you have done that and registered there is nothing to stop you using the system from anywhere.

A friends address will do.

You must have a UK address - they send you a code to that address that has to be entered within 30 days. Once you have done that and registered there is nothing to stop you using the system from anywhere.

A friends address will do.

They sent me everything to my Thailand address. My unique Government Gateway number etc. Code etc. But thanks for the suggestion