Bicycle Wanted

Wallich

Can't help you with the bike but I ride the streets of chiang mai and the surrounding country roads and highways everyday. I wouldn't call it 'dicing with death'. The UK was far more dangerous. I feel quite safe here and I do some 300-400 km a week.

You wanna buy my Dutch Batavus citybike ? Batavus is a famous 400 year old brand from Holland, the bike is in excellent condition because I did'nt use it a lot.

7 speed, drumbrakes and serious 'Amsterdam-Proof' locks, just need a new saddle because the rubber is kind of 'melting'.

New it was around '90.000 bath' so don't expect a bargain, because I don't really NEED to sell it, but can contact me. This top quality bike is unique in Thailand and you will get many reactions from locals who are impressed...

Very smooth and pleasant to drive !

20071005-batavus-staccato-site.jpg

Batavus Staccato

Edited by ManilaLover

Can't help you with the bike but I ride the streets of chiang mai and the surrounding country roads and highways everyday. I wouldn't call it 'dicing with death'. The UK was far more dangerous. I feel quite safe here and I do some 300-400 km a week.

Thanks for that. Have had some perilous times on a mtorbike, but I guess a bicycle is more nimble. Regards

You wanna buy my Dutch Batavus citybike ? Batavus is a famous 400 year old brand from Holland, the bike is in excellent condition because I did'nt use it a lot.

7 speed, drumbrakes and serious 'Amsterdam-Proof' locks, just need a new saddle because the rubber is kind of 'melting'.

New it was around '90.000 bath' so don't expect a bargain, because I don't really NEED to sell it, but can contact me. This top quality bike is unique in Thailand and you will get many reactions from locals who are impressed...

Very smooth and pleasant to drive !

20071005-batavus-staccato-site.jpg

Batavus Staccato

Wow, really looks a beauty. Give me an idea of the Baht you want, I'm just looking for a restoration project. Found an old Raleigh Sports from the 50's in a backstreet soi repair shop. Crafty devil wanted 9,000 Bht, too much for what I want to do. Many thanks for your response. Regards

Would like to buy an old Raleigh, Rudge, Humber bicycle, gents, in reasonable condition suitable for restoration. May even dice with death and ride the streets of Chiang Mai!! Please PM. Thank you

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Wallach,

Without, we hope, sounding like a "nattering nanny," may we respectfully suggest you consider the serious danger of a narrow-tired bicycle on Chiang Mai streets that have ... in addition to gaping holes, and speed-bumps designed to cause accidents ... sometimes grates whose "slots" are pretty wide.

Our experience in city riding in CM is that often you will be "forced" to the extreme left of the roadbed because of the dance of motosais infilitrating, weaving, around blocked car traffic, and on the extreme left of the roadbed are, often : loose rocks, debris, glass fragments, etc.

Happy bicycling !

best, ~o:37;