True Freedom

camerata

This is a little gem of a book by another of Ajahn Chah's followers, now based in Western Australia. It's only 100 pages but a good one for westerners getting into Buddhism. It covers the topics of True Freedom, Compassion, Buddhism and God, Beyond Boredom and Depression, Buddhism and Vegetarianism, and Death and Dying.

Most of the book's text can be found in several zip files at http://www.buddhanet.net/ftp03.htm .

Ajahn Jagero disrobed about 7 years ago. Ajahn Brahm is now abbot of the Australian temple. I always liked ajahn Jagero's talks, and from the brief time that I was around him, he seemed like a thoroughly nice man.

It's difficult to imagine what it would be like to disrobe after 20 years in the monkhood. I wonder if the people who do it have any regrets (about spending much of their life doing something they now feel isn't what they want)?

• 4 weeks later...
Ajahn Jagero disrobed about 7 years ago. Ajahn Brahm is now abbot of the Australian temple. I always liked ajahn Jagero's talks, and from the brief time that I was around him, he seemed like a thoroughly nice man.

It's difficult to imagine what it would be like to disrobe after 20 years in the monkhood. I wonder if the people who do it have any regrets (about spending much of their life doing something they now feel isn't what they want)?

Just met his wife - he's happy....

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the same could be said for any professional who has a 20 year career and then retires.