3 Children , 20 Years In Thailand And 16 Years Together

needforspeed

To be honest not so bad,

Made a agreement with my GF, we still live together.

When i am home i take care the children for 4 days, send 1 of them to school and get him after school every day (Other 2 going with school bus).

Told her that she can do whatever she want to do the 4 days only requirment is being home before Midnight, same for me.

No sex anymore, no new boyfriend (her) or girlfriend (me)at out condo or home.

No talking with children about other new partners.

No contact between new partner and children.

When i am working she stay home before children go to school and when coming home.

Cheers,

NFS

Must say that I sympathise with your situation, but as I see it making "rules" just isn't going to work. After all, she's not a child, and she doesn't "work" for you.

I presume that the property is in her name, so if you leave her, or she chooses to leave the relationship, you will lose out, not her ( sorry if that's been covered, but way too many pages to read now ).

I have been there myself ( in my own country ), and I chose to leave and lose everything, but in the past 25 years not a day goes by I don't regret leaving, for many reasons, which time does not allow me going into now.

I know it would be hard for you, but I sincerely believe that the best long term solution would be to try and forgive, and resume the relationship, but not commit any more of your money into assets that she could take from you, if it still failed.

If you don't want have sex with her anymore, that shouldn't be a problem in Thailand, provided you don't take the temporary GFs home.

I really believe that if you truly loved her before, and she you, and you both wanted to make it work, it could.

While I don't know why she needed to "see" another man, there are worse things than living in a relationship that includes other people. Try living alone for 25 years if you don't believe me.

If it makes it any easier, just remember that is the situation that many Thai women put up with, while their husbands are away with their Mia Nois, just reversed in your situation.

I know it is to long so here some details: The condo is on my name (Bangkok) and the house on her name (province), we borrowed a few Million on her house (few weeks ago), this money is with me, i have a good job as wel. So nothing to loose financial wise for me.

Till now it is going quit well, calling home every day and no issues with her at all.

I take care the kids for 4 days a week when i am home.

That days she can do whatever she wants, but most off the times she stay home as well (if not working).

I need to give it all some more time and see what is happening, and i realy loved her and still do.

Thanks

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest not so bad,

Made a agreement with my GF, we still live together.

When i am home i take care the children for 4 days, send 1 of them to school and get him after school every day (Other 2 going with school bus).

Told her that she can do whatever she want to do the 4 days only requirment is being home before Midnight, same for me.

No sex anymore, no new boyfriend (her) or girlfriend (me)at out condo or home.

No talking with children about other new partners.

No contact between new partner and children.

When i am working she stay home before children go to school and when coming home.

Cheers,

NFS

I know it is to long so here some details: The condo is on my name (Bangkok) and the house on her name (province), we borrowed a few Million on her house (few weeks ago), this money is with me, i have a good job as wel. So nothing to loose financial wise for me.

Till now it is going quit well, calling home every day and no issues with her at all.

That days she can do whatever she wants, but most off the times she stay home as well (if not working).

I need to give it all some more time and see what is happening, and i realy loved her and still do.

Thanks

That's good to hear.

Just remember "real" love is unconditional, and we all make mistakes. The last "perfect" man was killed over 2000 years ago.

You have my best wishes to sort it, and I believe anything can be overcome if you both want to.

Thanks

That's good to hear.

Just remember "real" love is unconditional, and we all make mistakes. The last "perfect" man was killed over 2000 years ago.

You have my best wishes to sort it, and I believe anything can be overcome if you both want to.

I know we all make mistakes, and i made more than a few i can tell you that

Everything i do is for the children, i prefer to have a good relationship with my GF.

But with my work staying away from home for a month isnt easy to deal with if we talking about trust.

I also don't want to make my own head going crazy about thingking all the time what is going on at home, when i am working i dont have much energy left to worried about this.

For the time i am happy to live together without sexual contact, and to be honest not intresting in any another relationship at all.

Just need to give it all some more time.

Thanks

Edited by needforspeed

Just talking about yesterday, the difficulties i have with working away for a month and trust.

Called yesterday on het mobile phone at 20:00 (Thai time)for your information i am back to work.

First time didn't answer the phone, called again after 5 minutes.

Me:where are

She:Silom road

Me:where are the children

She:They home with my niece

Me:Ok, good job i will call them at home.

After i called my children.

I don't know what other TV members think about this, i don't care what she is doing wen the children are at school.

This makes me very unhappy.

Just wanted to write it down, go into my first meeting for today

NFS

Very best wishes. I hope it all works out well; I'm glad you're not following some of the daft advice on this thread.

My advice:

Stay calm; stay healthy; and try to keep busy when there is nothing that you can do - it may make the offshore seem shorter

SC

Just talking about yesterday, the difficulties i have with working away for a month and trust.

Paranoia is a cancer that will eat you alive from the inside; if it is starting already, there is little hope that things will work "as well" as now much longer. Obviously, making strict rules with somebody who has been caught breaking 'the rules' is just a method to give you more time to see and finally accept the inevitable.

As somebody wrote a few posts earlier, the only solution is 'make up or break up', as much as you wish to project yourself being only there for the children. Of course, if it is time to break it off completely that does not mean that you need to give them up, but trying to prevent your ex to have them in contact with the new guy will only work for so long and is destined to fail if she gets just a tad more serious with him. This is a truth you will have to think about and come to terms with. Everything else is just you deluding yourself.

I am -- mostly -- still good friends with my ex's, but I know the paranoia stage well. It just takes time to get over those feelings and accept the actual reality -- and then act on it!

That you are not in the mood for a new relationship shows, in my opinion, that subconsciously you are still trying to work out if you are not still in the old relationship. This is maybe the most important question you need to get clarity for yourself on, instead being stuck halfway in the middle.

My 2 cents, after being stuck this way a few too many times.

Paranoia is a cancer that will eat you alive from the inside; if it is starting already, there is little hope that things will work "as well" as now much longer. Obviously, making strict rules with somebody who has been caught breaking 'the rules' is just a method to give you more time to see and finally accept the inevitable.

As somebody wrote a few posts earlier, the only solution is 'make up or break up', as much as you wish to project yourself being only there for the children. Of course, if it is time to break it off completely that does not mean that you need to give them up, but trying to prevent your ex to have them in contact with the new guy will only work for so long and is destined to fail if she gets just a tad more serious with him. This is a truth you will have to think about and come to terms with. Everything else is just you deluding yourself.

I am -- mostly -- still good friends with my ex's, but I know the paranoia stage well. It just takes time to get over those feelings and accept the actual reality -- and then act on it!

That you are not in the mood for a new relationship shows, in my opinion, that subconsciously you are still trying to work out if you are not still in the old relationship. This is maybe the most important question you need to get clarity for yourself on, instead being stuck halfway in the middle.

My 2 cents, after being stuck this way a few too many times.

I have to see with tears in my eyes that you are wright.

needforspeed, this is my advice to you, from someone who`s seen the movie, read the book and has the teeshirt:

I was in a similar situation with my first English wife, we have 2 children together.

After a few months of it, I made the decision that enough is enough, she didn`t want to be with me anymore and that was that.

Get yourself out of this relationship in the most economical way possible and start your life over again, other wise she will put you in hel_l.

I have no symphathy for the long and suffering, sorry if this sounds harsh, but if you don`t help yourself and cling on to this bint, you will never progress.

Look at the facts and the reality of the situation and move on.

Edited by BigWheelMan

needforspeed, I have a lot of sympathy for the situation you are in & I think you have tried to handle the situation regarding your kids admirably......But (there is always one right?) I don't think you are right to expect your ex-gf to spend every evening alone at home whilst you are working away & presumably free to go out & do what you want, if you chose.

You are no longer a couple & as such need to accept that she will be living her life without you. You can agree that she wont be taking "special" friends home where the kids are & you can agree with her that she doesn't spend all night away but you can't tell her when & where she can go out & with whom. Separation just doesn't work that way.

i don't care what she is doing wen the children are at school.

Are you really saying that she can have her own life between the hours of 9am & 4pm monday to friday? Honestly, would you agree to this?

Try to accept that as long as the kids are being well looked after & that she is leaving them in the hands of someone trustworthy then she is going to be going out sometimes & having a social life. As another poster said, this is going to be hard sometimes as you are still emotionally connected to her, even after all of this, but this is the situation.

I wish you the best of luck & hope that things continue to be civil & amicable for the sake of your kids & you. :)

needforspeed, I have a lot of sympathy for the situation you are in & I think you have tried to handle the situation regarding your kids admirably......But (there is always one right?) I don't think you are right to expect your ex-gf to spend every evening alone at home whilst you are working away & presumably free to go out & do what you want, if you chose.

You are no longer a couple & as such need to accept that she will be living her life without you. You can agree that she wont be taking "special" friends home where the kids are & you can agree with her that she doesn't spend all night away but you can't tell her when & where she can go out & with whom. Separation just doesn't work that way.

Are you really saying that she can have her own life between the hours of 9am & 4pm monday to friday? Honestly, would you agree to this?

Try to accept that as long as the kids are being well looked after & that she is leaving them in the hands of someone trustworthy then she is going to be going out sometimes & having a social life. As another poster said, this is going to be hard sometimes as you are still emotionally connected to her, even after all of this, but this is the situation.

I wish you the best of luck & hope that things continue to be civil & amicable for the sake of your kids & you. :)

Boo....You're seriously my hero :D

Edited by Livinginexile

NFS, I've been reading this thread a few days now but haven't been able to post since I was banned on TV for 3 days after posting something that we are not allowed to talk about in politics.

But anyway, now that I'm back I would like you to know that I feel your pain.

First of all, I'm very sorry for you about your situation. I myself is working outside Thailand and only comes home every 3 months or so. I cannot imagine if such thing will happen to me, I think I will fall apart and I admire you because you can actually handle it.

Until now, I haven't got any reason to suspect on my wife. She stays home with my mother in law and 2 kids and she is busy of her business which is also home based but of course things like what happened to you can also happen to anyone. This thread has made me aware althought this is not happening to me, well at least not now, but I have learned from your experience that things like this do happen.

Don't worry time will heal the wounds and it will only get better for you now. For the sake of the kids keep your self intact.

Good luck to you and thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sure that many members here in TV will learn from it.

needforspeed, this is my advice to you, from someone who`s seen the movie, read the book and has the teeshirt:

I was in a similar situation with my first English wife, we have 2 children together.

After a few months of it, I made the decision that enough is enough, she didn`t want to be with me anymore and that was that.

Get yourself out of this relationship in the most economical way possible and start your life over again, other wise she will put you in hel_l.

I have no symphathy for the long and suffering, sorry if this sounds harsh, but if you don`t help yourself and cling on to this bint, you will never progress.

Look at the facts and the reality of the situation and move on.

How about your children?

I don't know, just doens't feel good when you called home and she isn't there.

I want she take care the children when i am away, when i am back i can take take no worries.

Seems that this isn't possible for her so i need to make a new plan.

NFS, I've been reading this thread a few days now but haven't been able to post since I was banned on TV for 3 days after posting something that we are not allowed to talk about in politics.

First of all, I'm very sorry for you about your situation. I myself is working outside Thailand and only comes home every 3 months or so. I cannot imagine if such thing will happen to me, I think I will fall apart and I admire you because you can actually handle it.

Until now, I haven't got any reason to suspect on my wife. She stays home with my mother in law and 2 kids and she is busy of her business which is also home based but of course things like what happened to you can also happen to anyone. This thread has made me aware althought this is not happening to me, well at least not now, but I have learned from your experience that things like this do happen.

Don't worry time will heal the wounds and it will only get better for you now. For the sake of the kids keep your self intact.

Good luck to you and thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sure that many members here in TV will learn from it.

Thanks mate,

Wounds heal and that is the last think i a worried about, i am very worried that one day she takes the kids and is gone.

They don't think over a long period, i mean schools, insurance, savings ect ect.

She can react impulsive without thinking the about the consequences.

NFS

Thanks mate,

Wounds heal and that is the last think i a worried about, i am very worried that one day she takes the kids and is gone.

They don't think over a long period, i mean schools, insurance, savings ect ect.

NFS

I'm trying (and failing) to find a way to put this in a subtle way - but its unlikely she'll just run off with your children and you'll never see them again. As you say, she will want money from you to support them - so you have the upper hand.

I know its impossible to stop these things running through your head at 3 a.m., but in the cold light of day you have to think logically.

Thanks mate,

NFS

I'm trying (and failing) to find a way to put this in a subtle way - but its unlikely she'll just run off with your children and you'll never see them again. As you say, she will want money from you to support them - so you have the upper hand.

I know its impossible to stop these things running through your head at 3 a.m., but in the cold light of day you have to think logically.

Sometimes my head is going crazy with toughts what could happen, i need to cool down a little bit and start getting my head strait again.

Thank mate,

Sunday Chinese GP, enjoy

"Sunday Chinese GP, enjoy"

Thanks Needforspeed, but I do realise that its completely unimportant when compared to the horrors that life can throw at you.....

Nonetheless - can't wait!

Best wishes, and KEEP THINKING LOGICALLY.....

• 1 month later...

Well, I read all 14 pages and was cheering for you in my own cynical way. Hard to believe because there were a lot of places to toss a few stones and I usually like to toss them. I was also surprised that the usual posters were so supportive. It was an uplifting and enlightening story. I wish it could have ended like that.

I wanted to see you come out on top of this. I wanted to see someone who quietly took account of what was going on in their dysfunctional relationship, took the proper and respectful steps and followed through. You did a great job. You kept it together. I couldn't have done that. I would have blabbed it out shortly after finding the letters, which would have ended it in the trash along with the Italian boyfriend. But this isn't about me or any advice that I might be able to give you about your current live in relationship.

It's about living with a woman that has another man, not talking to the children, sneaking around and hiding your real lives. It's about finding a new partner that you will have to hide from not only the ex girlfriend but the kids or risk having an endless parade of suitors through your living room. It's the look from the neighbors and friends and did I mention the kids? Kids are not stupid. It about the worrying, again, while you are away.

Find another apartment close by your home and do the daddy thing. Sorry, you either make up or break up. And there is no shame in making up. But with making up comes new commitment. If both of you can not commit then you might as well call it what it is. Not the end of the parental relationship and responsibility. Just the end of your relationship. Time to move on. Sorry.

I have to say that your post is coming very close to what is happening and wat is going to happen except the part off "not the end of the parental relation" this as,

Difficult to talk with my children, when i call to talk with my children they or under the shower, eating or making home work.

From the 7 times i called i couldt only talk with them 2 times.

So seems to me that this isn't only about our relationship she is starting to keep the children away from me.

That is going to be very difficult to deal with and causes some extra problems between her and me as wel when back in LOS.

Dont understand this as i didn't make any troubles with her about the whole sittuation with her boyfriend, lets wait and see.

Any members having problems with GF or wifes try to keep the children away from you?

Thanks

Any members having problems with GF or wifes try to keep the children away from you?

Yep, 30 years with UK wife, thought it was for life.

She had an affair, snatched the children, went to court accusing me of everything possible, said I would never see children again and they weren't mine anyway, got the house and, savings, 1/2 my pension. Whenever I tried to see the children she called police and said I was threatening or stalking her. Overturned court orders by reporting me for child abuse to social services. If ever any of the kids try to visit me I will say 'according to your mother you are not my children, xxxx off'.

I moved to Thailand, and will never see my 4 kids again, starting again with new Thai wife, it's never too late.

Edited by sarahsbloke

She had an affair, snatched the children, went to court accusing me of everything possible, said I would never see children again and they weren't mine anyway, got the house and, savings, 1/2 my pension. Whenever I tried to see the children she called police and said I was threatening or stalking her. Overturned court orders by reporting me for child abuse to social services. If ever any of the kids try to visit me I will say 'according to your mother you are not my children, xxxx off'.

I moved to Thailand, and will never see my 4 kids again, starting again with new Thai wife, it's never too late.

Good to see that your came out off this all so well, i am not sure if i am that strong and can deal with this all so easy.

Thanks,

Good to see that your came out off this all so well, i am not sure if i am that strong and can deal with this all so easy.

Thanks,

Well let me tell you one thing. You can change your partner but you can never change your kids.

Yep its way to biased in the UK now. Fortunatley I never married or had kids until I met my wife here 4 years ago, 46now.

Jeezus! I have read a lot of your posts since you recently joined and found myself disagreeing with a lot of what you say on different subjects. Now I know you are a dick. OK, wives can be transient, but kids are blood - don't you have any morals or a heart that makes you want to keep in touch with the kids that you (presumably) raised for umpteen years?

BTW, I have been divorced for 10 years, over here for 5 and have a 17 year old daughter back in the UK that I see once or twice a year, have no time for her mum but couldn't do without regular communication with my beautiful daughter.

Cheers,

Pikey.

So sorry OP. As others have said, make sure you find out all the facts first. Make sure those letters/emails are from her and not just too her, or about someone else. Make sure it wasnt something like flirting online, which she might have been doing because she was bored or whatever, but didnt actually go see anyone. Find out how long ago and how long its been. You need to fill in the gaps first.

Good luck.. :D

Yes ... these comments and this opinion is correct !! I have read most of the replies and can only reinterate the above.

a) How can the other farang know about you anyway ! she's not going to mention that so some replies blaming him are unsubstanciated. Its not his fault if he doesn't know she is with you.

:D Make sure you are sure she has seen someone ... and not just a letter flirt !! ( even though this is unacceptable .. it's not enough to end your happiness .. u can fix this situation )

c) If you are absolutely sure beyond reasonable doubt that she has seen someone then you need to commence plan B.

d) As mentioned before .. get all issues sorted to protect you and dont say nothing ...

e) Then the departure is up to you ... you can discuss this issue and letters with her but I would bet 10-9 on there will be an excuse or reason or something to exclude her from any wrong doing.

f) Or you can evaluate your situation .. think carefully and leave a note ... ( you can surely see and enjoy your wonderful children again ) even after this time.

The above suggestions are simply that .. only suggestions & to be in total control of your situation .. you are the one to decide what you feel is acceptable ... NO ONE PERSON HERE CAN MAKE THAT DECISION FOR YOU !!

The above is only an opinion and should be taken as that. You have to work out what you think is correct information to evaluate things and what is BS.

I sincerely wish you the best and hope it works out ok as you want. :)

Forums never fail to amaze me. A 42 yr old person needs to ask for advice about major life-changing issues from total strangers. You've been with the woman for 16 years, drop us 7 lines, and think we can solve your problems.  :)  

It's a problem for you to solve, not internet agony aunts. Good luck.

Some people feel the need to puke out their pain on forums. Nothing wrong with that but IMO, not a fix like getting p*ssed with your mates and putting the world to rights. BUT, maybe the people that post this kind of stuff don't have any mates. Understandable.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Sometimes divorce can really change people. I divorced from my wife in the UK over 5 years ago. She got a $1 million house just outside of London and left me with more than 200,000 pounds of debts, (which I have subsequently cleared).

I have 3 young children from that marriage. I never forget to send them presents and photos from Thailand on their birthdays and at Xmas, as well as providing my email and snail mail address to try to keep in contact. My lovely ex-wife returns all my presents and letters to the post office, refusing to accept them :)

Simon

So, you're ex wife used your kids to play head games with you? Wonder how your children felt not seeing their father? Hope for the sake of your children they never come looking for you...

Cold, really cold...

So, you're ex wife used your kids to play head games with you? Wonder how your children felt not seeing their father? Hope for the sake of your children they never come looking for you...

Cold, really cold...

Gosh you older guys are too soft. If this had happened to

me with wife getting getting house and savings I would first politly

ask the wife for 50% of assets even if the court ruled different. If

she did not comply then I probably blast her. You may think that

is harsh but think about it, you have shared many years with a

woman then she screws you like that.

Edited by kevozman1