Why Local Youth Always Taking Photos At The Cm Steel Bridge At Nite ?

ManilaLover

Every city has it's hang around spots for bored youth, so also the old steel bridge over the Ping river in Chiangmai is such a (nitetime)hang around spot. But why they are always taking photos there ? Is it just dumb copy behaviour, to have a reason to be there ? A Thai friend she told me that youth are selling their body but I don't think so.

Just curious

If they are, they are sticking to locals. I know some big, fat, old farangs who walk across it on the way to the Duke's almost every night without any exciting offers (The front of the Thirsty Beaver Bar and Massage parlor on Loi Kroh is a different story).

We really need photos of these places/encounters and the individuals involved prior to making an informed comment. Although I will admit to occasionally making the uninformed comment, due to my impatience. The unique English names for establishments in CM would make a topic in itself.

Not interested in this girls, but those peeps hanging around with camera's, just wondered if John Lennon jumped from this bridge :)

Did he jump, or was he pushed ? :D

Please get your facts straight. I read, he got shot and his body was dumped over this bridge. Very sad.

Not interested in this girls, but those peeps hanging around with camera's, just wondered if John Lennon jumped from this bridge :)

Did he jump, or was he pushed ? :D

Please get your facts straight. I read, he got shot and his body was dumped over this bridge. Very sad.

bigfoot.jpg

Or perhaps izzit teh phamous footprint of the Big Yeti on teh old steel bridzj ????

BTW I just remember, it must have been 2 years ago when I took this pics myself on the bridge... an escavator that fell of a pontoon was lifted up from the bridge, very strange how they managed to get the heavy tow trucks on the small bridge...

LJ2-large.jpg

LJ4-large.jpg

LJ5-large.jpg

LJ10a-large.jpg

LJ11-large.jpg

LJ12-large.jpg

LJ13-large.jpg

LJ15a-large.jpg

LJ17-large.jpg

LJ19a-large.jpg

LJ20-large.jpg

LJ22-large.jpg

LJ23-large.jpg

Edited by ManilaLover

My wife told there was a love movie about art students who took pictures on that bridge. So like after "Pai in love" when there were more couples annoyingly taking picture than real customers in the "all about coffee" shop and around on the streets.

My wife told there was a love movie about art students who took pictures on that bridge. So like after "Pai in love" when there were more couples annoyingly taking picture than real customers in the "all about coffee" shop and around on the streets.

I've seen a few movies being filmed on that bridge over the years, so that would probably explain it. I cross the bridge every night on the way home and I've never seen any indication that "the youth are selling their body". Mostly they are young couples. (And people fishing).

I don't know if people are aware of the fact that this bridge was built about 17 years ago and is a copy of the old original nawarat bridge.

post-54542-1263362602_thumb.jpg

The new bridge was completed a week after I moved into my newly built house, and cut my journey home from about 10 minutes to 3 minutes. Very considerate of them, I thought.

Edited by KevinHunt