Am I An Old Granny?

IanForbes

Did Ian say he was renting temporarily? Not long-term commitment?

It is a long term commitment, PeaceBlondie. I've been looking after them for 6 years to the tune of 6000 to 10,000 baht a month. That's all I am willing to donate to charity. Each time I think of ending it I only have to see how the little ones respond to me when I visit. Today was another example.

As per usual, the mother of the kids I look after screwed up again today, but at least it didn't affect the great day I had with the kids. Unlike last year, I finally got the young ones to the top of the Mt Erawan waterfalls. The teenagers wanted to be together and not do the hike, but that was up to them. It was gorgeous day and the young kids loved it.

Mt Erawan waterfalls is a steep hike if you want to go to the top, and takes about an hour if you stop to take photos. The kids swam, laughed, slid down natural slides into the water and had their ankles nibbled by little fish. The mother didn't want to do the whole hike, and I think she thought she could sit at the bottom drinking beer like last year. But, she was pissed off because we left her at the bottom waiting for 3 hours while we had fun. If she didn't want to go then she should have said so. It was her decision not to hike up the trail. 6 years ago she hiked up with me to the top so she should have known how long it would take. I didn't want a repeat of the fiasco like last year when we went with her sister and only spent a few hours at the bottom of the falls and then wound up sitting in the back of the pickup for 5 hours while they went to some stupid temple I've seen before. The kids nearly froze in the back of the open pickup and it was 11 at night before they got home. I swore that would be the last time I would visit, but relented. At least I'll never go back to their Thai village again.

I'd ditch the lady in a minute, but I love the kids. And, she is a good mom even if she can't see what she is doing wrong. Any sane man would have dumped her years ago. But I'm a sucker for her kids and they love me... And the mother knows it.

Welcome to the modern world. This is everyday life in Scandinavia.

No it isn't. 15-16 maybe, not 14. The average age of first sexual experience is around 16.5 years pretty much all over the world.

And if had a daughter she sure as hel_l wouldn't be spending the night with her boyfriend as long as she lived in my house. It's no secret that girls that age fall in love if you just smile and say a few nice words and the guys who have figured this out are not always the best company.

Of all the girls I knew growing up in the 90's, those that had a lot of boyfriends at age 14-16 are now mostly single moms on welfare.

Ask anyone who's that age and you will be shocked. It is sad really, but I have witnessed that myself by being a teenager not many years ago, plus I have relatives that are that age right now. :)

you aint their parents , id be careful sir. raising little kids is easy. give em a toy they happy, but teenagers :):D:D

and you not such a good guardian either by allowing a 14 year old girl sleep w her bf. what do you think the little kids think when they see wanna be poppa allow this.

in usa social services would be on yr butt in a new york minute!

Edited by berniefromny

you aint their parents , id be careful sir. raising little kids is easy. give em a toy they happy, but teenagers :):D:D

and you not such a good guardian either by allowing a 14 year old girl sleep w her bf. what do you think the little kids think when they see wanna be poppa allow this.

in usa social services would be on yr butt in a new york minute!

Read what I wrote. Nobody said they were sleeping together. They are just sleeping in the same room with two other children, 8 and 10. When we checked in on them at midnight last night the whole group of them were watching cartoons. And, I'm NOT their legal guardian or anthing like that. I'm just a guy who is trying to help the family... and have. They now have a small family business selling water, ice and cold drinks thanks to me.

I didn't even see the boy and girl holding hands together so I doubt if there is any hanky panky going on. But, I WAS shocked to see a boy friend turn up instead of a girl friend that I expected.

And, your comment that raising kids is easy is nowhere close to the truth. It's a full time job fit only for the dedicated. It just gets worse when they are teenagers if you haven't set strict guidlines before. Happily, my first ex and I did a good job of that and we couldn't be happier with our grown offspring. And, it's wearing off on my grand children.

And, I'm NOT their legal guardian or anthing like that. I'm just a guy who is trying to help the family... and have.

This could be the problem.

Be careful. Be very carfeful. One accusation could cause some serious grief.

Good luck.

a bg told me this about herself the other night , very much apllies to this situation even though op wont fess up to it.

the girl told me she isnt a "toy", very good natured girl , but i knew what she meant. the kids are not toys!

all i see is harm being done to the family, making the mom lose face every chance he gets is what it seems like......