What Are The Qualifications?

I am curious as to how does one become a super moderator or moderator?? Is it a certain type of criteria, qualifications, handpicked by the owner of the board or what?? Are there as many women moderators on this board, as there is men moderators?? What if you are an individual that has posted controversial posts, or have had your posts/threads stopped by a current moderator, then would that would disqualify the individual from becoming a moderator in the future?? Does it make a difference as to how many posts you have posted to become a moderator??

I would then ask the following. What if a moderator puts up a post in violation of the board rules, then does he lose his job as moderator?? Is the moderator job a "lifetime" appointment?? What are the benefits & disadvantages of being a moderator??

I am new to the board. I see a lot of confusion as to what is what and who is who. Please help me out here due to my confusion as to how this board is run.

Hey, I just might be looking for something to do, than just flying around. A lot to see and eat at the night bazaar in Lumphini Park! ! ! ! Me a Moderator???

Shy, Shy, Shy, and Fly, Fly, Fly

What do you need to become a moderater ?? Sounds to me like there could be some highly sarcastic answers to that one.. :o

But I for one find that the forum is well managed and am grateful that the flaming, rude and obnoxious comments are removed or closed. Plenty of places for that... Things are mature, sensible and still fun in this forum. Of course not everyone will agree on what is good and what is not acceptible. And most will feel a bit put out if their threads are closed. But it's no big deal at the end of the day.

You can please some of the people all the time, or all the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time.

I'd imagine that there is not much call for more moderaters as too many would lead to some discord ....

When you have reached 500 posts you gain access to an extra forum, but there is nothing much of note going on there. You can also change your description under your name. I think that most of us are happy with the way things are, and the way they are run. Enjoy!

Everyone has their own personal experiences and preferences with the forum, I suppose- but I've found this forum is one of the best moderated (by my own standards) that I'm on, maintaining the best level of discourse. Heated, civil discussion remains possible while trolls and morons are kept under control. Good show!

"Steven"

Shy Butterfly Fly, we try our hardest.

I am one of the longest serving mods here, and yet I still find my posts are deleted every now and then. Be it by another mod or an admin, but upon reflection it was always deserved.

We have our own sub forum where we talk about what is going on with the board, this helps us to keep consistant, if that is at all possible on a board of this size.

As several members have said this is one of the best moderated sites around, we do try our hardest, and are not immune to mistakes. However we are always up for criticism, which is fine by us as we learn from this.

Keep in mind that we all do this for free, out of love for our adopted home, Thailand.

We have rules that we enforce as we can, however sometimes infraction do slip by us, that is why the report function exists.

Please feel free to comment on our site, our moderation techniques etc etc but we ask you to do it via the PM system, we do not allow moderation issues to become public debates, therefore many threads in this particular arena are closed very quickly, however, as I say this does not stop one from continuing the debate via PM.

On that note, and with that advice I will now close this topic. Please feel free to PM any of the thaivisa.com staff for clarification of any point I have raised tonight.