Unsafe at work: Thai experts sound the alarm on Mental Health Day

3. 53

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

4. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

5. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

6. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

7. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

8. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

9. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

10. 563

White Culture

11. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

12. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

13. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

14. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

Idol Management

Is there such thing as idol/celebrity management company here in Thailand?

Job is to look for potential idol on street, and help the person to make music cds, modelling, appear on tv etc

Someone told me, to set up this company, i need to pay the government 1million baht....

Anyone have good knowledge on these idol/celebrity management?

not managing the existing celebrities, but create one from the scratch

"Someone told me, to set up this company, i need to pay the government 1million baht."

Why? Did you ask that person as many questions as you've asked us?

he told me i needed to register with the government for this type of work...

i think it's the same rule as if u want to sell alcohol in ur premises etc...

btw this dude is not really sure himself.

but i dont think this sort of work would be easy as i thought... like making music cd... need to record at pro lab etc.. license to sell etc.. also once they start to sell, they will most likely leave u and transfer to bigger name ones... thats why like they make like 10 year contract and penalty for leaving which costs more than the potential earnings of 10 years

although enjoyable work i suppose...

is making music cd ez?. the ones that actually make money..........

tata could use a change of management sir, she singing too mut english songs, not a strenght of hers! send her a tweet!

plus sir, to get that one "celebrity" off the strreet you need to sift thru the millions that are worth bird dung......you got millions to find that one?

perhpas this idea should be moved to business section, so many brilliant ideas there........ :):D:D .

Edited by berniefromny

I think the word you are looking for is agent. You want to start a talent agency.

I would assume with a goal like that, you would have some inside connections, That's where I would start.

I was a model scout associated with a large agency, in farangland, it's not all its cracked up to be. If you have no connections the only talent that will stick by you will be the ones that have no chance.

Isn't that pretty much the way the whole system works here?

Grammy, RS etc. get hold of kids, stick an image on them, promote them, hype them and rake in the cash. When you see the music shows on TV, they're often just a promotion campaign for the artists of one company, which has bought the airtime. I would think there's such a stranglehold that it will be very difficult to bring someone through without the involvement of the big players. They've even got their own TV shows to do it that way, like Academy Fantasia, The Star, The Idol etc., etc.

I think the word you are looking for is agent. You want to start a talent agency.

I would assume with a goal like that, you would have some inside connections, That's where I would start.

I was a model scout associated with a large agency, in farangland, it's not all its cracked up to be. If you have no connections the only talent that will stick by you will be the ones that have no chance.

Yeah absolutely, finding the talent is only the moderately difficult part, it's the networking as there is always newbies willing to give it a go, the promotion and the associated follow through, absolutely a big money and low return (if any) proposition that will literally take years if not decades to be successful at, if ever...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Grammy, RS etc. get hold of kids, stick an image on them, promote them, hype them and rake in the cash. When you see the music shows on TV, they're often just a promotion campaign for the artists of one company, which has bought the airtime. I would think there's such a stranglehold that it will be very difficult to bring someone through without the involvement of the big players. They've even got their own TV shows to do it that way, like Academy Fantasia, The Star, The Idol etc., etc.

Agree that this is generally how the market works here. My Thai niece earlier this month won a talent quest on a new TV reality show produced by GMM Grammy called The Hunted (will be aired later this month). She will now be doing ad hoc assignments for GMM Grammy. Connections within the industry can also help...the head of her dance school gave her the intro to GMM Grammy. Her dad had long been in the industry also, working for RS Promotion...this probably also helped a bit.

Agree that this is generally how the market works here. My Thai niece earlier this month won a talent quest on a new TV reality show produced by GMM Grammy called The Hunted (will be aired later this month). She will now be doing ad hoc assignments for GMM Grammy. Connections within the industry can also help...the head of her dance school gave her the intro to GMM Grammy. Her dad had long been in the industry also, working for RS Promotion...this probably also helped a bit.

Rs and Grammy are there, also contacts with the major lakorn production houses....modelling agencies......event organisers (modelling and MC work).....stylists......

There are some managers out there already who tend to only handle the BIG name stars such as the stable of channel 3/7 actresses.....then there are a few managers out there that handle 1 or 2 specific stars.

Modelling agency makes 30% of the fee of the talent; so unless it is a grade A name, only way to go is to have a ton of names (as in 100+ people) and make a little on a few jobs at a time, payment these days isn't what it was.

I've heard.

I'm betting the big name stars like Um, Areeya, Ploy etc - they mostly have a manager who takes care of payments, following up fees, scheduling etc....but their own contacts get them the work directly - Thai big names work a lot in a variety of jobs (plus do a lot of appearances which are also often paid) so a manager works better than an agent. Most clients know, for instance, Lux, that they want this person this person this person and then it is just a matter of negotiating the fee.

Tata Young's dad I think managed her career down from the heady heights of teenage stardom to overweight fake boobs semi-oblivion, not helped by her own bad PR and marketing skills - to think at one point both she and Mam were the mega stars of Thailand - how the mighty fall. Again...manager would help more than an agent.

In other words....you are asking a lot to be taken seriously if you don't bring some heavy weight connections to the table. Imagine going to LA and setting yourself up as an agent.