Beat This

tuffy

So there is a mildly retarded guy who lives with his grandmother (maybe mother) in the house a crossed the street from us in our moo ban.

Someone was kind enough to buy him an electric guitar, microphone and amp. So guess what i get too listen to 3-5 times per day for at least 1/2 hour each time and very loud too i might add?

You got it elmo sings the blues and the greens and every thing in between (except anything worth listening too). It is more of a mix between a cat caught in a lawn mower and a dying coyote.

Of course it seems to bother only me, no one else wants to get involved or cause problems. I have had all i can take. Any ideas of how to politically end the ear rape i am forced to endure?

:)

When he plays blast out the strangest Frank Zappa tunes you can find from your music sytem at twice the volume. Don't know whether that would have any effect, but it would be interesting. If Zappa doesn't do anything, try classical music. Or Polka. Or Mariachi. Or as a last resort, an endless loop of ELVIRA. Keep changing the music style until you get some kind of reaction. I suppose a measure of success would be if he comes over and complains about YOUR noise.

So I'm singin'

Elvira, Elvira

My heart's on fire Elvira

Giddy Up Oom Poppa Omm Poppa Mow Mow

Heigh-ho Silver, away

Hey you said BEAT THIS for annoying. How'd I do?

Edited by Jingthing

If you have a good amp and speakers, play some Scottish bagpipe "music".

Actually, why not get a set of pipes and set about learning to play them. Guaranteed infinitely more annoying than anything you can do with a guitar :)

EDIT Anywhere in BKK I can get some pipes?

Good one Crossy.

To get one up on the " Next door karaoke until 4am/funeral party PA being tested at full blast at 5am/bloke drilling at 6am on a Sunday morning" get a Scottish Army regimental band to fly in and march up and down your soi all night while you stay in a 5 star resort miles away thinking "Have some of that you bastards!"

When he plays blast out the strangest Frank Zappa tunes you can find from your music sytem at twice the volume. Don't know whether that would have any effect, but it would be interesting. If Zappa doesn't do anything, try classical music. Or Polka. Or Mariachi. Or as a last resort, an endless loop of ELVIRA. Keep changing the music style until you get some kind of reaction. I suppose a measure of success would be if he comes over and complains about YOUR noise.
So I'm singin'

Elvira, Elvira

Heigh-ho Silver, away

Could do better...

Don't tell my heart, my achey breaky heart...

You could buy him some headphones for the amp.

If he sings this could actually be worse :)

Oh yeah I forgot the most important part....he sings, well you can't call it singing but utterly nerve wracking noise. I could live with the bad guitar playing!

So I'm singin'

Elvira, Elvira

Heigh-ho Silver, away

Yeah thanks for that now i have that going through my TOO!! omm poppa omm poppa mow mow.....hey you just gave me an idea i need to get mow makma

Actually, why not get a set of pipes and set about learning to play them. Guaranteed infinitely more annoying than anything you can do with a guitar :D

Try the Indian quarter. :)

Actually, why not get a set of pipes and set about learning to play them. Guaranteed infinitely more annoying than anything you can do with a guitar :D

Try the Indian quarter. :)

THOSE I can get here in Mumbai :D

Yes, loads of fun, but at the end of the concert, I can see the the OP's sanity slipping away, pulverized neuron by neuron.

It must be a living nightmare. Cue the if you don't like it move away people, and the aww poor kid group, and the TiT groups, but still, the problem is there and repeated hundreds if not thousands of times every day for many of us. I really do wish someone who had success in dealing with such a problem offered something helpful. I know that I have come close to throwing things off my balcony at the hotel across the way over the holidays as they blasted the croonings of a very bad singer and her backup group of noisemakers. Fortunately, I had hope as it lasts for only a few days each year and I have a bottle to calm the nerves.

Not much help here, but OP I feel for you and sympathize.

Drugs--good prescription drugs--if not for you, then maybe for him. They tried that with the people living under the flight path of Suvarnabhumi airport.

You have my deepest sympathy. Excessive noise is one of the most pervasive irritants I know. It really, really takes it toll on our mental and physical health.

Could do better...

Don't tell my heart, my achey breaky heart...

:D

Stop that, or I might do a poll ...

Don't tell me 'cause it hurts ... :D:D:D

Interesting. Polls used to inflict pain. I need to think upon these things.

:):D:D

It was another crappy pop hit tune from 1996, up there with Billy Ray Cyrus, but I though it might be ironic.

Tuffy

I feel for you a new guitar player at less than 100% Zappa Chungas revenge or my guitar wants to kill yo mama at 150- 300 watts.

Drums would be slightly worse. Hopefully he will get bored with guitar & hang it up. I know I used to piss off my Dad & the entire neighborhood with my bass guitar when I was a kid & learning. I can only imagine the agony of your situation. I can endure loud pumpin house , But lack the patience for a beginner slow on guitar.

Edited by Beardog

Would drive me crazy. How long has it been going on? Hopefully he'll get tired of them soon, or at least cut down. Maybe if he had another hobby to keep him entertained. A playstation might keep him zoned out in front of the tv for months.

Download some extreme music like Napalm Death.

Play it, turn it up and leave it on (repeating) when you leave the house.

If someone complains say it's OK for the neighbours to blast <deleted>, then it's OK for me to do it too.

I got as far as:

"So there is a mildly retarded guy who lives with his grandmother (maybe mother) in the house a crossed the street from us in our moo ban.

Someone was kind enough to buy him an electric guitar, microphone and amp. "

Before I hurt myself laughing so hard, I didn't need to read the rest as I had a perfect vision in my head of what you must be listening too, thanks for the best laugh I've had in over a year. Oh... sorry for your trouble..