Beat This

tuffy

Yes, in much the same way as Rene Zellweger said, "You had me at hello". That first line made me double up in pain!

If you have a bit of spare cash, you should buy your own and go over there and practice with him. two man jam sessions might scare him into submission. I think it would be awesome if every time he played you hurried over there with your set up. (bigger amp than his!) Jammed with him but WORSE than him. make it sound so bad, EVEN he thought it was bad. That way you have been the friendly neighbour who just wanted to join in, but sadly you were so bad at it you put him off for life.

Don't forget to where your epilepsy helmet when you knock on the door with an inane grin and drum sticks stuck down the back of your pants!

Good luck!

Update: The wife went over and told him to turn it down and keep it down! It worked ( so far) who would have thunk it!

I think a lot of the small problems in Thailand could be fixed like this, but the Thai way is to never complain about anything.

Thai woman complain all the time!

Soak a steak in antifreeze and throw it over the fence.

He is a man not a soi dog he just sounds like a dog with his duals in a steel bear trap...but i will give it a try anyway, can't hurt to try as long as i don't use my good T bone steak.

I was once successful with recording the noise from the opponent. As soon as he was quiet for 10 minutes, I played his own music full blast. Not sure this will work in a land where people have their goatlike sounds amplified in Karanotsooke bars and pay women to act as if they enjoy the noise.

My sympathies, but I dont think headphone idea will work, half the point of playing music loud is to attract attention. What status is there in strumming on an apparently silent instrument, who will notice your giant speakers and cool guitar.

Build him a stage pointing the other direction.

Actually there is a new device out that can cancel out sound, by playing counter frequencies almost simultanously however I dont believe its readily available, and probably very expensive.

Edited by thairat

Why don't you share his interest in music and buy a banjo,then you can recreate the dueling banjo scene from the movie Deliverance.

Squeal like a pig boy.

I resemble that remark.

To learn three finger roll patterns on the five string banjo entails playing the same finger pattern over and over again maybe 10,000 times, One day I was so engrossed with a new finger pattern I failed to hear the banging on the bedroom wall from next door until it grew louder and louder until it eventually drowned out my picking, boy was I embarrassed or what. Never played that loudly ever again.

All of you animals with all your wicked contraptions to deny the special one his only bright hours of the day. Shame on all of you.

Will he still be able to play if say, his fingers got pombem one way or the other?

On children's day my new neighbour faced a Noriega towards my house, then they retreated 3 miles and the sounds came on, for hours un end,I locked down the house and fled to the backyard. If he ever celebrates anything again this year I am moving back to Africa.