Drinking Water

4.real

How good is the drinking water sold in large containers ,delivered by pick-ups. ?

I use Tesco water but there is a truck that delivers to my village.

They deliver large bottle green containers for 40 baht.Is it good drinking water?

thanks all in advance for your response.4.Real.

Amtech reverse osmosis water delivered to my door every Friday at 1 pm off the back of a pickup truck like it has been for the last goodness knows how many years, 40 baht a container.

Amtech reverse osmosis water delivered to my door every Friday at 1 pm off the back of a pickup truck like it has been for the last goodness knows how many years, 40 baht a container.

I believe the company that delivers is called 'eye sky'.

I have seen them exchange bottles [about 5 gallons] .

My concern is how clean are the containers?

They are obviously re-used.

But thanks for your input all.4.Real

From my local village shop the 20 litre containers are 10 baht

40 baht ? how many lts are in that container?

The big 20lt bottles delivered around here have just gone up to 13 baht, never used anything different since 2004, living in a Village as soon as I have use a bottle I pop it outside [have 3, to buy bottle with water is 90 baht] with the 13 baht in a small pot when the Lady passes she exchanged to a full bottle or bottles.... 2 Villages up they pay 11 baht for the 20lt bottles

So would expect 40 baht containers would be cheaper than what I pay for 20lts but if it was the same price .65 per lt the 40 baht containers would be 60 - 65+ lts...

How do they deliver? How do you get water out? must be a 2 man job?

40 baht ? how many lts are in that container?

The big 20lt bottles delivered around here have just gone up to 13 baht, never used anything different since 2004, living in a Village as soon as I have use a bottle I pop it outside [have 3, to buy bottle with water is 90 baht] with the 13 baht in a small pot when the Lady passes she exchanged to a full bottle or bottles.... 2 Villages up they pay 11 baht for the 20lt bottles

So would expect 40 baht containers would be cheaper than what I pay for 20lts but if it was the same price .65 per lt the 40 baht containers would be 60 - 65+ lts...

How do they deliver? How do you get water out? must be a 2 man job?

From what i understand it's 40bt for the same 20lt bottles that some company's charge.

Or thats what the delivery man charges depending which one you use.

So now everyone knows that these 20lt containers can be bought from as little as 11bt up to 40bt depending who you use.

Well, mine are 45bt. But heck, delivered to my door, I use about one a week...not worth talking about....and I would never trust those cheap machines outside the supermarket. They may be OK, but I just don't know....I wouldn't use them when I lived in the US, much less here.

From my local village shop the 20 litre containers are 10 baht

Perhaps you have the white plastic containers .

They are the 10 baht ones but my ex g/f warned me that they are not very good and the containers are often dirty inside.

The 40 baht containers are a green colour [20 lits sounds about right].

Knowing Thailand I am most concerned about how they are cleaned as the bottles are exchanged.

No matter what process they use to put water in or how the water is sanitised/whatever ,if the container is not clean then the water will not be potable either.

But thanks all.4.Real.

I've used the white 10 baht bottles for years. Honestly I can't see or taste any difference between those and the 40 baht clear incremental-reverse-opposite-osmosis-with-a-double-twist and never had any problems with it.

Would be interesting to know how they make it (the white bottles). I assume it's pumped up from the ground water, then cleaned and/or filtered before bottled.

Yes with the reusable bottles you never know what people have used them for before, but that goes for them all. Better not to think about it :)

Yes with the reusable bottles you never know what people have used them for before, but that goes for them all. Better not to think about it

I used to buy the the 10 baht bottles until I smelt diesel on one of them, now I filter my own, no cheaper but it saves a trip to the shop and hassle when the shop has closed

I've used the white 10 baht bottles for years. Honestly I can't see or taste any difference between those and the 40 baht clear incremental-reverse-opposite-osmosis-with-a-double-twist and never had any problems with it.

yeah....but you also drink Leo.... :)

yeah....but you also drink Leo.... :)

Water snob :D

Yes with the reusable bottles you never know what people have used them for before, but that goes for them all. Better not to think about it :D

Does it bother you that I pee into my used bottles?** :)

On another tangent. A caution about the vending machines that refill your 1-litre bottles. I've heard that the internal filters are not cleaned/maintained periodically in the manner needed to insure clean water. I took note of the comment because it fits the "poor maintenance" mentality that affects most everything else in LOS (bus brakes, railroad tracks, building exteriors, sidewalks, back roads, water parks, future nuclear reactors, etc.)

**only when the toilet's broken.

Edited by toptuan

I have the same, but I pay 45 THB for each container? Maybe it depends on where you live? I live on 3rd Road.

Edited by bellste