Steak And Lobster Dinner

ray23

Nang Nual on Walking Street.

Always planned to order lobster some day in Pattaya... but never have. Is the lobster good at Nang Nual? How is it prepared & how much do they charge please? Lastly, where else can you go to get lobster, reasonably priced, in Pattaya? Thanks.

Edited by Michaelaway

Always planned to order lobster some day in Pattaya... but never have. Is the lobster good at Nang Nual? How is it prepared & how much do they charge please? Lastly, where else can you go to get lobster, reasonably priced, in Pattaya? Thanks.

Perhaps not what you'd like to do, but Makro has lobsters quite often for fairly reasonable prices--800 baht per kilo up depending on size.

Perhaps not what you'd like to do, but Makro has lobsters quite often for fairly reasonable prices--800 baht per kilo up depending on size.

No, that's a good alternative, thanks! About 4 years ago, my TGF and I were taking a walk on Jomtien Beach Road and saw that lobster was about 900 baht (I don't remember if that was for a kilo ar a lobster dinner). Anyways, we both figured from that point on that we probably wouldn't be having much lobster here; kinda steep! But, being from New England, where we used to dive for (and then take home and cook) our own sweet, delicious, cold-water lobsters, I am still hopeful to try a Pattaya lobster someday. Now, since I can make it myself, I guess I'll head over to Makro and have a look...

thats for one kilo sorry about that but the ones ive seen were not frozen when you go on the market go right to the end and 1st stall on your left they normally do live scallops as well only place i have seen with them bit more exspensive but still swimming aroud so at least you know there fresh as scallops go off quickly.

thats for one kilo sorry about that but the ones ive seen were not frozen when you go on the market go right to the end and 1st stall on your left they normally do live scallops as well only place i have seen with them bit more exspensive but still swimming aroud so at least you know there fresh as scallops go off quickly.

Thanks, again. We've gone over to Naklua Sunday market before. Ate there and bought a couple of things. Good market. Now, we're definitely gonna have to go again to check out your fresh shellfish recommendations.

What I'm wondering, for a long time now, is: Why is it, that at the local markets who sell all kinds of local seafood, I never ever see any lobsters and rarely see scallops?? I mean, you know they're out there in the ocean, and that they're harvested... so why the heck don't they sell 'em at the markets? (Can't be 'cause nobody wants them or we wouldn't be having this conversation).

And lastly, in fairness to the OP and other inquiring minds reading this post: Where can you go around here for a good steak & lobster surf & turf dinner? I'd guess Manhattan's, Bruno's, Mata Hari, etc. Who can help the OP?

:)