Pumping Water From The River / Khlong

We live about 50m back from the river with a small khlong running down one side of the property (it is the boundary marker). There is no sluice gate on the khlong so it is directly connected to the river.

Last week my stepson arrived with a submersible pump on a long hose, dumped it in the khlong, and started watering the garden, to 'reduce our water bill'.

Now in the UK this is most definately illegal, all water belongs to the water authority, what about Thailand???

Obviously our water bill will be reduced, but I don't want to piss off the locals.

Any ideas?

well it seems no one else is gonna answer so i will...

i believe its illegal but no one will ever complain, the worst that will happen is in years to come you will be asked to take the pump out, so for now dont worry about it. :o

Cheers Norman.

I suspected as much, just needed that little bit of 'comfort factor'. The pump is not very visible anyway, I'll just wait and see.

DC

I have seen farmers pumping out of clongs all the time in order to fill their rice fields.....

Do they have a permit for this or something? I figure even if they needed one, they would not even be aware of it.

i believe its illegal but no one will ever complain....

Is it illegal that the government has the water of the rivers flown directly into the sea.... :o instead of using it, before it does so?

LaoPo