Gang Rape In Rawai

LivinLOS

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realy terrible news for Phuket again.However there is danger in all walks of life and to go on the beach after dark is not very sensible to me.

Hope she makes a full recovery and the scum found and a hefty sentence,and maybe 20 minutes for the family in a police cell for the vermin

Good God when will this ever stop?

Robberies, rape, murder, rip off's, no police worth a w**k, they rip off more than most.

When will Phuket Thai's realise the golden goose will stop laying eggs soon.

The Gov is meant to be a decent person but it seems a blind eye and some sound bites is enough for this reputation.

I came here to retire with my wife, seems that my money that I would spend over the next twenty years will be wasted as I am 90% certain I will sell up and move to a friendlier country.

LOS? don't make me laugh.

Robberies, rape, murder, rip off's, no police worth a w**k, they rip off more than most.

The Gov is meant to be a decent person but it seems a blind eye and some sound bites is enough for this reputation.

I came here to retire with my wife, seems that my money that I would spend over the next twenty years will be wasted as I am 90% certain I will sell up and move to a friendlier country.

Problem being for you that this sort of thing, aweful as it is, seems to happen everywhere these days.

Terrible story, I hope the victim receives propper care, attention and support.

Definitely criminal but the situation she put herself in............

Drunk, having sex on the beach early AM with a Thai guy, just bad decisions altogether.

But I am not condoning the criminal action, just saying ladies, probably not a good idea to be drunk on the beach at 4AM having sex.

Drunk, having sex on the beach early AM with a Thai guy, just bad decisions altogether.

But I am not condoning the criminal action, just saying ladies, probably not a good idea to be drunk on the beach at 4AM having sex.

second that

met her yesterday, looked like a mess

dont know if these tatooed pierced girls are just naive or looking for more excitement, but dangerous it is. in most countries

second that

met her yesterday, looked like a mess

dont know if these tatooed pierced girls are just naive or looking for more excitement, but dangerous it is. in most countries

Is there any relevance in the fact she is a tatooed pierced girl in your opinion?

Theses days all the young girls seem very naiive ....lack of parental guideance has a lot to do with this.

Very sad for the victim. Let's take care in posting since people may be looking at the thread for information. On any given day, many, many people make poor judgment calls. We do so when driving, crossing the street, and shopping. The measure of a society is how safe it is for those whose judgment is impaired because of momentary distractions or inaction.

---------------------------------------

Yes, I agree unfortunately with you. Was also NOT suprpriced when found out that it was a swedish girl involved. I am swedish and can not be proud over the behaviour many swedish girls have. Of course this was a bad bad criminal act by the Thai-guys and i hope they rott in hel_l. But the behaviour of the girl is shitty stupid. One guy posted that this behavoir comes from lack of parenting, and of course you are right. But there are and has been since many many years back in Sweden (60:ies) a very friendly attitude to sex.

These young girls are in fact far too young to go out in this world I think, they should stay home and grow up a bit.

Glegolo

The measure of a society is how safe it is for those whose judgment is impaired because of momentary distractions or inaction.

Are you serious?!?!?! :)

Unfortunately I'm guessing you are. Litigator mai?

You're saying the measure of a society is how safe it is for;

1. the total alcohol/substance abuser who beats his/her partner (judgement impaired);

2. the dumb-arse who spills searingly hot Mickey D's coffee in their own lap while driving and takes out an octogenarian (momentary distraction);

3. the Karla Hololka's of the world (inaction at best, collusion at worst)??

Why, in your mind, should those who have abused socio-cultural privileges be protected by those they have abused :D ; since when is impaired judgement, inaction, and/or a propensity for distraction rubber stamp for societal safeguarding?? :D

Agree with you stuandchris - and we are 100% certain of selling up as we've just got a better retirement visa for another country and leave this year for sure.

Agree with you stuandchris - and we are 100% certain of selling up as we've just got a better retirement visa for another country and leave this year for sure.

:) ,

Good luck to you in your search, but honestly, the whole world appears to be going down the toilet IMO...do you have any ''possibles'' re; better countries?

All the ''do-gooders'' and Political correctness buffoons have a lot to answer for re; the current state of world affairs, the lack of good manners, the lack of compassion, the GREED, the lack of common sense,all combine world wide to contribute to this ''down the toilet'' situation.. :D

Appears to be another thread going on this topic now:

Swedish Tourist Allegedly Raped by Thai Youths

A Swedish national has alleged that she was assaulted and raped by a gang of three Thai youths after they had attacked her male companion and abducted her.

Phuket, the 17th of January 2010 [PDN]: Chalong Police are currently investigating claims that a young Swedish tourist was raped close to the Nai Harn lagoon on the Island of Phuket.

The Swedish woman, aged in her 20’s, informed Chalong police officers that after a night of partying with some friends at a Nai Harn beach bar, she met a Thai man who she decided to spend some time with the following day. Whilst the happy couple were enjoying some privacy along the Nai Harn lagoon beach, she explained that three Thai youths appeared from the bushes after they had finished having sex. The three youths attacked her companion, abducting and allegedly raping her.

Her male companion managed to run back to where the Swedish tourist had been staying, informing her friends of the incident. The woman alleges that she was raped by the Thai men, however; a thorough medical examination at the Vachira Hospital has revealed that she had only had sexual intercourse with one man. Police have revealed that all of the group were still heavily intoxicated at the time of the incident.

Police are continuing to investigate the incident in order to find the three men that had beaten up the Swedish woman’s Thai companion before abducting her.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2010/01...by-thai-youths/

...a thorough medical examination at the Vachira Hospital has revealed that she had only had sexual intercourse with one man.

IMPOSSIBLE. There exists no such exam. That is the most illogical statement I have ever seen put in media print.

lol @ the people saying she should not of been drinking and having sex with her boyffriend at the beach at 4am.

This is what young people traveling hope to do in every single country. Unfortunately, we are not taught in school that the only country you will get raped doing that is thailand.

lol @ the people saying she should not of been drinking and having sex with her boyffriend at the beach at 4am.

<snip>

Boyfriend? You mean some Thai guy she picked up in a bar:

The woman said that she met a Thai boy she liked at a bar last night, they had some drinks together, then early today she had sex with him on a beach lounger

ScubaBuddha

If swabs were taken, surely if semen ananlysis showed DNA from only one male, that would prove their point. Of course if the second rapist wore a condom, then it would be more difficult to prove.

khundon

Really? I'm sorry but DNA results don't come back in a day. Besides the issue with the condom, if it's DNA were talking about, you're also assuming more than one man ejaculated.

The article stated matter of factly that only one man had sex with her. That is impossible to prove for the reasons mentioned.

NO TEST, other than DNA would show the number of sexual partners. On CSI, it takes days. Here, it takes minutes, or the BIB magically foretelling the result.

And in RL it takes months or even years. A 6 week turnaround is considered very fast.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

I cant understand why people seem to think that this sort of crime only happens in Phuket. It happens everywhere especially when people have put themselves in risky situations.

I would never read this then think 'just another reason why I dont go to Phuket'. Robberies, rape, murder, rip off's, no police worth a w**k...sounds like the USA or the UK to me....

:) ,

Good luck to you in your search, but honestly, the whole world appears to be going down the toilet IMO...do you have any ''possibles'' re; better countries?

All the ''do-gooders'' and Political correctness buffoons have a lot to answer for re; the current state of world affairs, the lack of good manners, the lack of compassion, the GREED, the lack of common sense,all combine world wide to contribute to this ''down the toilet'' situation.. :D

Better, friendlier countries? I wouldn't buy anything yet over there. I'm afraid you'll moving again in maybe 6 months wherever you're going.

Agree with HIK. Greed and selfishness are everywhere. Sign of the times.

Everyone knows what thai men really think of farang women. They look down on them more than they look down on us farang guys. Especially when our women are dressed skimpy and getting drunk. Unfortunately for farang women by-themselfs, it not safe to get drunk and party where there arent to many other tourists around.I feel sorry for her but I cannot believe that she was that stupid or that anyone did not warn her. Here in australia gang rape gets you 26 years , what will these bastards get if ever caught.

I cant understand why people seem to think that this sort of crime only happens in Phuket. It happens everywhere especially when people have put themselves in risky situations.

I would never read this then think 'just another reason why I dont go to Phuket'. Robberies, rape, murder, rip off's, no police worth a w**k...sounds like the USA or the UK to me....

I feel safe in Thailand almost anywere. Not so in America. Phuket is still a very safe place dispite the high profile stories. It's an island the size of Singapore whose official population of 300,000 swells to over half a million during high season due to seasonal labor and tourism.

Sorry Scuba you are well off the mark with the number of people here.

Also I was brought up in the roughest part of Liverpool but I never had three murders, gang rape[maybe] People mugged and countless other things that don't get reported but I know about within two miles of my home in twelve months.

In the last year I have had two attempted break in's, been scambed out of a bit of money, my wife was attacked walking from the shop.

I would feel safer in Afghanistan sometimes!

Sorry Scuba you are well off the mark with the number of people here.

Also I was brought up in the roughest part of Liverpool but I never had three murders, gang rape[maybe] People mugged and countless other things that don't get reported but I know about within two miles of my home in twelve months.

In the last year I have had two attempted break in's, been scambed out of a bit of money, my wife was attacked walking from the shop.

I would feel safer in Afghanistan sometimes!

I agree but the crimes you have mentioned are just a fraction of the crimes that this area has actually experienced.

It's unfortunate that so many people here are in a state of denial & refuse to acknowledge the seriousness of Phuket's crime problem.

I feel safe in Thailand almost anywere. Not so in America. Phuket is still a very safe place dispite the high profile stories. It's an island the size of Singapore whose official population of 300,000 swells to over half a million during high season due to seasonal labor and tourism.

Come on, and this is the person who was the victim of "road rage" recently (see http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Crazy-Tuk-Tu...d-t328523.html). Do you really feel "safe anywhere in Thailand"? When is the last time you experienced the same situation in America? Have you ever actually lived in America and if so, where?

Crimes do happen "everywhere" in the world but in varying frequencies. You really shouldn't discredit the UK & US police forces by putting them in the same category as the Thai police. That's a real insult. 

Phuket is not a safe place to live and I challenge you to demonstrate otherwise.