Kawasaki D Tracker..

properperson

why would anyone want a d-tracker 125 when the 250 is the same size physically, and probably a similar price?

Erm..

3/4 size v full size..

82k - 86k v 15xk ??

Ill try some of what your smoking..

I believe jbeck is trying to say 83,000 Baht + 40,000 Baht = 123,000 Baht

I don't know how much experience you have riding a motorcycle with 10 horspower, but I believe - especially if the bike looks a bit sporty like the two Kawasaki's - you quickly start to think about improving performance...

why would anyone want a d-tracker 125 when the 250 is the same size physically, and probably a similar price?

Erm..

3/4 size v full size..

82k - 86k v 15xk ??

I don't know how much experience you have riding a motorcycle with 10 horspower, but I believe - especially if the bike looks a bit sporty like the two Kawasaki's - you quickly start to think about improving performance...

My Bad. I thought the bikes were basically identical except for engine size.

Does the 125 not have (standard) 17" wheels?

The Kawasaki KLX125 has front 19" rear 16", the Kawasaki D-Tracker has 14" front and rear. The Kawasaki KLX250 has front 21" and rear 18", the D-Tracker 250 has front and rear 17".

The D-Tracker 125 dimensions are 1,900 mm x 770 mm x 1,060 mm (LxWxH) with a seat height of 805 mm.

Edited by Richard-BKK

Still I will not feel comfortable riding from Bangkok to Chonburi

Somehow I dont think thats the target market..

Hi LivinOS,

The target market are Thai teenagers right, similar to the ones who ride a KSR110? I really find KSR110 riders all over Thailand, touring the country... even once meet a guy from Malaysia who did on a KSR110 Malaysia, Thailand, and Laos (his tour log). And with Songkran I saw a group of 10 maybe 15 Bangkok KSR110 riders who where going to Khon Kaen... And if you look at the http://www.ksrthailand.com website you will see that lots of topics are about traveling by bike and organizing bike trips (with remarkable distances)

Erm..

3/4 size v full size..

82k - 86k v 15xk ??

But shifting my 192cm and 110kg frame around isnt really their target market. I readily admit that a faux bike with wave power is an issue, one I am guessing forced on them by Euro III emissions regs.

All I know if the KSR is 'the' fashion bike, even among women !! Around Patong the posh bar girls with cash to splash seem to prefer them (strange as I would have bet fino, click or PCX) and fashion is a funny thing, even if its not as good as in reality, popularity sets trends.

My money is they will sell well.. Not as well as the ksr (tunable, thai sized, etc) but to a significant market that wants more then a ksr but not as much as the d-tracker.. Kawasaki keep playing good cards IMO, keep offering new products..

People keep talking about the Kawasaki D-Tracker 125, but if you call any official Kawasaki telephone numbers you get no, "that model not have in Thailand" if you manage to get a bit up to the a manager in English will explain that the model is not made in Thailand and they have no plans of importing it.

But then this can be absolutely not correct as this person also said that Kawasaki Thailand will not distribute the Kawasaki ZX-6R in Thailand.... Somebody said they will import them into Thailand last year...??? So anybody has a telephone number of a Kawasaki person who says different???

[/quote

Ive seen the D-Tracker 125 in the u.k for sale, no sign of the 250cc version..... :)

I went to the Kawi dealer on Rama 9 yesterday and they had the KLXs and DTrackers of both 125 and 250 sizes.

Although they had both D Trackers they didn't let me ride them that day.

So I tested 3 other bikes.

I'm 5'8"/173cm tall and 200lbs/91kg with gear on.

The KLX125 was a joke to me, its a teenager/girl's bike.

My legs were very cramped since it was so short and it felt slower than my Nouvo Elegance.

So I'd imagine the DTracker 125 would be just as bad or worse since it has shorter tires.

The Ninja 250 was a let down.

It had a very weird riding posture for me and once again very cramped since the seat is so low.

With no low end grunt, it felt slow, I was expecting more power from the 250cc.

I believe this engine and chassis date back to the 1980s and it felt like it.

The ER6N is a real modern bike.

It's comfy and much faster than you need for Bangkok.

The 2010s all come with ABS and for 245000 BHT its the best big bike value IMO.

I'll have to go back and ride the DTracker 250.

I sat on it; it had a high seat but still manageable.

I almost want to buy this bike so I can learn to do wheelies and stunt on it.

I think the narrow seat would be hard on a long ride but with its small tank you'd have to get off more often anyway.

I went to the Kawi dealer on Rama 9 yesterday and they had the KLXs and DTrackers of both 125 and 250 sizes.

Although they had both D Trackers they didn't let me ride them that day.

So I tested 3 other bikes.

I'm 5'8"/173cm tall and 200lbs/91kg with gear on.

The KLX125 was a joke to me, its a teenager/girl's bike.

My legs were very cramped since it was so short and it felt slower than my Nouvo Elegance.

So I'd imagine the DTracker 125 would be just as bad or worse since it has shorter tires.

The Ninja 250 was a let down.

It had a very weird riding posture for me and once again very cramped since the seat is so low.

With no low end grunt, it felt slow, I was expecting more power from the 250cc.

I believe this engine and chassis date back to the 1980s and it felt like it.

The ER6N is a real modern bike.

It's comfy and much faster than you need for Bangkok.

The 2010s all come with ABS and for 245000 BHT its the best big bike value IMO.

I think the narrow seat would be hard on a long ride but with its small tank you'd have to get off more often anyway.

You're missing the point of the Ninja...

It's designed to be ridden with the engine screaming near redline where pretty much all power happens and not get you into too much trouble. IIRC, the frame is fairly modern, but the engine's internals are a bit dated; why mess with anything that works? Chevy still manufactures small block V8s.....

I spent nearly a month on a stock rental 250 D-Tracker, riding fairly long distances daily. I got about 180km per tank and went over 200km on fumes with the reserve light on. I hear you can have a customized seat made for an affordable amount, but the stock seat wasn't too bad, but yes, a mature and slightly overweight adult like myself best get up and stretch once an hour or so. This fat guy was able to maintain a comfortable highway speed of about 105 kph. I also hear there are tweaks to get that speed up a bit higher from the stock configuration. The best news is that this bike will take you just about anywhere. This is particularly valuable if you travel deep into rural areas up north where many upland villages are only accessible by dirt roads. If you like doing wheelies it can be accomplished easily according to my son who does this sort of stunt. On the other hand, if you prefer speed, paved roads, and leaning into turns then this bike might not be for you. But I found it to be a good general purpose utility bike for touring.