Hunting And Cooking Rat!

junki3korean

My latest visit to the village was a memorable one.

I went hunting for rats in fields at night with my girlfriends papa, which was a experience.

Would have taken more photos but only had the iphone at the time and got a couple of shots I wanted to share...

Have you tried rat?? I personally love it! :)

Enjoy!

post-65294-1263765570_thumb.jpg

while youre at it you might as well try dog and cat, I hear they taste just as good

I'm pretty sure I had cat in a restaurant in Malaysia.

I'm still looking for dog.

One got clipped by a car out the front the other day so I thought it might be on the menu but they buried it instead.

Didn't look damaged at all, probably died of shock. Only a pup, would have been nice and tender.

Better than those mangey soi dogs they round up every now and again.

• 2 weeks later...
while youre at it you might as well try dog and cat, I hear they taste just as good

I'm pretty sure I had cat in a restaurant in Malaysia.

I'm still looking for dog.

One got clipped by a car out the front the other day so I thought it might be on the menu but they buried it instead.

Didn't look damaged at all, probably died of shock. Only a pup, would have been nice and tender.

Better than those mangey soi dogs they round up every now and again.

A friend was on holiday in Tunisia. The past this eating spot and picked what they wanted from looking in the pans. After they had eaten he called the owner over to ask what they had eaten. The owner asked him where he was from. When my mate told him England, the owner insisted he didn't want to know. My mate pestered him intil he was told it was cat. My mate says it was delicious.

I've never eaten rat, but I have had squirrel on a couple of occasions.

Rat out of the paddies are very tasty.I would never eat one from a road side stand though.Just have no idea where it came from or how it was killed,poison maybe?Not good.Same with crickets.I really enjoy them fried in oil with lime leaves.But will not buy them from the roadside.

Oh and dog is fantastic if you like meat.I had it in Vietnam.If you look at some of my past post I had posted some photos of cooked dog for sale in the meat market in Vietnam.