Thai Dealer - Ktm Press Release

Rhodiebkk

Khun Yut, who many will know, is one of the truly good guys in the Thai biking industry

with particular regard to QC and customer service, thereby giving this new enterprise real credibility.

*** PRESS RELEASE *** PRESS RELEASE *** PRESS RELEASE *** PRESS RELEASE *** PRESS RELEASE *** PRESS RELEASE ***

KTM Dealership Opening in Thailand 2010.

A deal was signed last week in Austria with a Thai limited company, Kunka Corporation,

to open up a KTM dealership here in Bangkok later on this year.

Kunka Corp. plan to be exhibiting the 1190 RC-8, 990 SM-T, 990 Super Duke R, 990 Adventure & the 690 Duke

at The 2nd Bangkok Motorbike Festival 2010 at Central World 28-31st January 2010.

Kunka Corp expects to be importing into Thailand the 990 Adventure & Motard models, as well as un-plated motocross bikes for racing.

If you are interested in any particular model, or, wanting further information please call Khun Yut direct on 0855186556.

Prices have yet to be finalized, but expect to be announced in time for the Bangkok Motorbike Festival.

For more details on the KTM Model range, please visit:

http://www.ktm.com/Models.6.20.html

Khun Yut is particularly interested in hearing what model interests you,

for example the 690 Enduro is not on the list!

So please call him direct and tell him which model interests you.

Weird Motorcycle Thailand gets all Press Releases from KTM and BAJAJ Auto and we did receive this publication. So it is not official, KTM confirmed that for Thailand the official contact is http://www.ktm.co.th and that they still in negotiation with the Thai government for official clearance to enter the Thai market as a brandname with selected models. They also mentioned that it would be illegal to Thai law to announce for anybody to publicly introduce themselves as KTM distributor, retailer or for any commercial activities without the approval of the legal representative in Thailand.

This maybe true, I contacted Bajaj in India, who is responsible to the distribution of KTM in Asia and they told me that some changes are indeed happing...

Edited by Richard-BKK

You latest posting RhodieBKK is again a bit weird, if you look who owns KTM you will find that KTM's biggest share holder is Bajaj Auto. Indirect, by a Bajaj daughter company in the Netherlands and the purchase of a old time KTM partner in the USA Bajaj Auto holds the majority of the shares in the company.

KTM is as much Austrian as Gouda cheese from Australia is Dutch, the owners of KTM are Polaris USA and Bajaj Auto India (they both hold the majority of shares). Polaris has recently shown interest in the South-East Asian market for the distribution of Victory Motorcycles.

Bajaj Auto holds the rights for the distribution of all motorcycles in the KTM segment in Asia, this is agreed by all shareholders including the American largest KTM shareholder Polaris.

Currently Bajaj Auto holds a good amount of shares in Polaris, the exact information about the deal is not public for now. But if the rumors of this deal are correct, Bajaj Auto will be in the top 3 motorcycle manufacturers of the world, Bajaj Auto has in South-East Asia an exclusive deal to manufacture the light Kawasaki motorcycles. Bajaj Auto is also Kawasaki's largest shareholder in Kawasaki's motorcycle devision.

Only pointing out that the initiative to set this up has been Thai,

and a great pity it was not done before.

Anyways it gives us another marque and one suited to some of the off-roading up north.

There is going to be an interesting issue re seat height with some of their

"prestige models" they are showing at Central World.

I hope they set sensible pricing levels as well as getting their service side sorted.

Which has not always been great with British & Bavarian rides...

Weird Motorcycle Thailand gets all Press Releases from KTM and BAJAJ Auto and we did receive this publication. So it is not official, KTM confirmed that for Thailand the official contact is http://www.ktm.co.th and that they still in negotiation with the Thai government for official clearance to enter the Thai market as a brandname with selected models. They also mentioned that it would be illegal to Thai law to announce for anybody to publicly introduce themselves as KTM distributor, retailer or for any commercial activities without the approval of the legal representative in Thailand.

This maybe true, I contacted Bajaj in India, who is responsible to the distribution of KTM in Asia and they told me that some changes are indeed happing...

Posting while drunk again Richie? http://www.ktm.co.th must be one of your sites, eh? BTW, seems it's a bum address. No surprise if it's associated with you... :)

Does anyone know what Richie is going on about in his post?

Happy to hear that KTM is coming to Thailand- some awesome bikes and the more choices the better!

Ride On!

Tony

Weird Motorcycle Thailand gets all Press Releases from KTM and BAJAJ Auto and we did receive this publication. So it is not official,....

Posting while drunk again Richie? http://www.ktm.co.th must be one of your sites, eh? BTW, seems it's a bum address. No surprise if it's associated with you... :)

Does anyone know what Richie is going on about in his post?

Happy to hear that KTM is coming to Thailand- some awesome bikes and the more choices the better!

Ride On!

Tony

I'm not sure what he's saying either. He either meant to say "Wierd (comma) Motorcycle Thailand (his company) gets all press releases and did not receive this publication," Or he meant to say "So it's official." Otherwise it doesn't seem to make sense. Maybe he can clarify once he sobers up. :D

And www.ktm.co.th doesn't work for me either.

If this report is true, then why does KTM's website lists a KTM dealer in my backyard? http://www.ktmthailand.com/

1-18-201011-22-36PM.jpg

http://www.ktm.com/Dealer-Locator.77.20.html

Edited by ScubaBuddha

KTM is as much Austrian as Gouda cheese from Australia is Dutch, the owners of KTM are Polaris USA and Bajaj Auto India (they both hold the majority of shares). Polaris has recently shown interest in the South-East Asian market for the distribution of Victory Motorcycles.

Bajaj Auto holds the rights for the distribution of all motorcycles in the KTM segment in Asia, this is agreed by all shareholders including the American largest KTM shareholder Polaris.

Currently Bajaj Auto holds a good amount of shares in Polaris, the exact information about the deal is not public for now. But if the rumors of this deal are correct, Bajaj Auto will be in the top 3 motorcycle manufacturers of the world, Bajaj Auto has in South-East Asia an exclusive deal to manufacture the light Kawasaki motorcycles. Bajaj Auto is also Kawasaki's largest shareholder in Kawasaki's motorcycle devision.

I think some of the info you mentioned is not quite up-to-date, Polaris USA was in partnership in the past to KTM but no longer is. Bajaj holds 30+ % on KTM (here is a read confirming this ( add http://): en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KTM ). It is pretty much explained here why this is a good fit www.ktm.com/Cooperation.504.7.html

Not sure why you have problems with your australian gouda cheese :D but to my knowledge Ktm is still a lot Austrian :) specially when we talk offroad , super & naked bikes....the smaller street bikes from Bajaj will be an indian product and as mentioned on ktm's website they will help Bajaj on developement .

Ktm also holds subsidiaries in Husaberg from sweden and WP Suspensions which is dutch

Patcat

The Phuket guy has been claiming that for years, yet doesnt answer mails or have a real address.. I have to assume hes a dead end..

KTM is a good matched brand for Thailand (tho honda where are you) and will be watching the prices of the Duke 990 and others with interest.. Perhaps in a few more years price compression really will mean theres a full sled of machines on the market.

KTM is Austrian. It was founded by Austrians (the M stands for Mattighofen - didn't even know that), the headquarters are in Austria, and all the design is done in Austria. I don't know how much more Austrian you can get as a company :)

Bajaj holds 31%.

BTW Wikipedia is your friend, all that info and more is there.

KTM is Austrian. It was founded by Austrians (the M stands for Mattighofen - didn't even know that), the headquarters are in Austria, and all the design is done in Austria. I don't know how much more Austrian you can get as a company :)

that pretty much sums it all up... also should add that KTM is actually manufacturing in Austria and most of their staff are Austrians too :-)

patcat

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
The Phuket guy has been claiming that for years, yet doesnt answer mails or have a real address.. I have to assume hes a dead end..

KTM is a good matched brand for Thailand (tho honda where are you) and will be watching the prices of the Duke 990 and others with interest.. Perhaps in a few more years price compression really will mean theres a full sled of machines on the market.

Yeah, Dutch guy...he's been dreaming of becoming their authorized dealer or something.

When KTM guys from Penang (Malaysia) who have interest in KTM Thailand heard about this, they threatened to sue him. What a nerve, www.ktmthailand.com......

He CroBiker,

There's a difference between being a legal representative of KTM, and being a dealer who sell the products. From legal documents I know that the Dutch guy, as you describe him, sued several people in the name of KTM. Most famous case was probably early 2008 KTM Thailand vs Scott Horvath (who registered a KTM website) and was ordered to transfer the ownership of the domain name to KTM.

The legal representative of a brand name doesn't need to be the dealer or distributor, often it's a legal firm or another trusted partner.

Edited by Richard-BKK