Non-imm O-a Visa Expires During My Next Visit

I have a situation that might be somewhat unusual; I was not able to find a similar topic by searching this forum.

I have a non-immigrant O-A visa (retirement) that expires on 20 February 2010. I am currently staying outside Thailand, and plan to return to Thailand on 18 Febraury, and then departing on 23 February.

I do not plan to extend the visa as my future visits to Thailand will be of short stays only.

Will Thai Immigration stamp my passport for entry only through 20 February (my visa expiration date), as they have on prior visits during the past year?

Or can I enter on a 30 day visa waiver?

Thanks

There are two types of OA visa - one is single entry and the other is multi entry and are obtained from a Consulate in country of residence. These do not provide a new stamp of visa expiration date.

It appears you do not have an OA visa but that you have a one year extension of stay for retirement, issued from an Immigration office inside Thailand and that you are using a re-entry permit to return and get stamped with the same date each time - and on the 18th it will be until the 20th if you use the re-entry permit. So do not enter the information and ask if they can provide the 30 day entry - but be aware there are many recent reports that they are under pressure not to do this so it may not happen.

You do not have a Non O-A Visa.

You have a 12 month extension of stay based on retirement.

If you left the country without a Re Entry Permit your permission to stay will have expired and you will get 30 days if returning by air or 15 days if returning by land.

If you have a re entry permit you will get stamped until 20th Feb. unless you tell the officer that you do not wish to use the permit.

Thanks for the answers.

I do have a 12 month extension of stay based on retirement . . . not always sure of the exact wording for these situations. Also, I do have the multiple reentry permit.

I will not enter the visa data on my Immigration form, and will ask the Immigration Officer to grant the 30 days. I hope I get one who is understanding of the situation.