Septic Tanks

bangkokrick

Sorry did not realise that I had posted in the gay forum.

The irony is that you live in Jomtien !!!

But as for seppo tank issue, I just asked a mate in Naklua, he says his costs 700b....no idea of the capacity though.

Don't see the irony in Jomtien, but thanks for the info anyway.

Cheers, Rick

Try to get the government pump truck they charge 300- 500 baht no matter how full it is. Don't let the cowboys with the ever growing stick trick on the property. they charged us 2300 baht cocked the stick sideways to get more in the measurement. I found out for soi koah talo area the govn. truck was 500 baht. We passed the price on to the owner of the house & deducted off rent.

Edited by Beardog

If you have concrete rings the price should be in the region of 100-200 baht. If you have a plastic soil tank, somewhere around 300 baht. But the prices tend to multiply 10 fold when they realize that it is a farang house

Try to get the government pump truck they charge 300- 500 baht no matter how full it is. Don't let the cowboys with the ever growing stick trick on the property. they charged us 2300 baht cocked the stick sideways to get more in the measurement. I found out for soi koah talo area the govn. truck was 500 baht. We passed the price on to the owner of the house & deducted off rent.

Thanks for the informative reply Beardog. I will take your advice regarding the Government truck.

Cheers, Rick

If you have concrete rings the price should be in the region of 100-200 baht. If you have a plastic soil tank, somewhere around 300 baht. But the prices tend to multiply 10 fold when they realize that it is a farang house

The government truck is around 350 baht regardless of there being a foreigner in the house or not, although some them do tend to be full of........ :)

Had mine pumped out a week ago by the local sewerage works, large plastic one, took them about 15 minutes and they cleaned up after themselves. Cost B200. I live off Siam Country Club Rd not far from the sewerage plant. :) it was on the nose.

http://www.pattayainformationcenter.com/services.php

Emptying your waste tanks.

Telephone Pattaya city hall and for a small charge of around 300 baht they will suck the crap/waste out of your cesspit.

Pattaya City Hall:

(North Pattaya Road)

Tel.: 0-3825-3100

Pattaya City Call Center: 1337

Warning; Beware of the ‘scam artists’ that drive around housing estates with a lorry offering to empty your cesspit, this could prove to be a costly experience as they are ‘rip off’ merchants out to stitch people up, mostly unsuspecting farang’s.

They will give you a price of something like 300 baht and show you their nice measuring stick, when finished it will be explained that it’s 300 baht per measure or something silly then demand 1-3000 Baht depending on how many cesspits they’ve emptied.

Unfortunately this sort of cheating is not uncommon and you will have no alternative other than to pay up once your tank is emptied by these con men.

Three years ago I was ripped off by the fckers who charged me 1000 baht to empty one tank.

I stopped them from emptying the second one.

Edited by nam-thip

http://www.pattayainformationcenter.com/services.php

Emptying your waste tanks.

Telephone Pattaya city hall and for a small charge of around 300 baht they will suck the crap/waste out of your cesspit.

Pattaya City Hall:

(North Pattaya Road)

Tel.: 0-3825-3100

Pattaya City Call Center: 1337

Warning; Beware of the ‘scam artists’ that drive around housing estates with a lorry offering to empty your cesspit, this could prove to be a costly experience as they are ‘rip off’ merchants out to stitch people up, mostly unsuspecting farang’s.

They will give you a price of something like 300 baht and show you their nice measuring stick, when finished it will be explained that it’s 300 baht per measure or something silly then demand 1-3000 Baht depending on how many cesspits they’ve emptied.

Unfortunately this sort of cheating is not uncommon and you will have no alternative other than to pay up once your tank is emptied by these com men.

Three years ago I was ripped off by the fckers who charged me 1000 baht to empty one tank.

I stopped them from emptying the second one.

Thanks for the information Nam. I have made a note of the number and will use the local council people. The rip off merchants have already been around this area and that's why i asked the question.

Cheers, Rick

Get a Thai person to phone

2 years ago a truck was driving down the street I stopped them ask the price 400 baht they said, so they pumped mine out... Had to pay 800 baht as 1x bathroom = 400, so have 2 bathrooms = 800 baht....

1 month ago was full so asked a Thai neighbor, the government truck arrived, they pumped it out also had to pump put the downstairs toilets as full and blocked then they used rods to unblock it, total cost 300 baht.

Septics are always full of ..it.

Emptying them can be a problem because of their inbuilt refill mechanism. The cost may vary from not too much to awfully expensive, so your mileage may very according to the model and location.

There are some models you may want to fill, but they are usually found around universities and expensive entertainment venues, avoid these on the cost to benefit basis. Best advise I can give is to keep them away from beer and other alcoholic beverages. If the word shopping is mentioned in conversation ...... Run do not look back and do not stopm until out of sight.