7 F...ing 11

IanForbes

I am happy they put in a 7-11 on Whing Phing road near where I live. It means I don't have to walk a kilometer to get a drink or some snack food. But, nobody gave any thought to parking or traffic. Whing Phing road is a busy one during rush hour and it wasn't designed for the volume of traffic it now receives. Putting up one of the popular 7-11 shops right on the main road, but with no parking for vehicles means there are going to be ball ups.

As everyone knows, Thais won't walk 50 feet if they don't have to, and anyone wanting to shop in the 7-11 just stops and blocks one whole lane. This isn't too bad during the slack traffic period in the middle of the day, but becomes a REAL bottleneck about 5 PM. Nobody seems to understand a reasonable method of negotiating around the vehicle blocking traffic. I'm thinking of bringing out my video camera and putting something on youtube. It's really quite entertaining if you are not in a hurry or don't have somewhere to go.

"As everyone knows, Thais won't walk 50 feet if they don't have to, and anyone wanting to shop in the 7-11 just stops and blocks one whole lane"

The worst example I've come across of thoughtless Thais not wanting to walk more than a couple of yards is just North of the Maejo traffic lights where they park to shop in the market and regularly block not one, not two, but THREE lanes of the four lane 1001 highway. It's quite incredible.

"As everyone knows, Thais won't walk 50 feet if they don't have to, and anyone wanting to shop in the 7-11 just stops and blocks one whole lane"

This is the one week of the year I can disprove that statement. It is CMU Graduation time. Forthe next fewdays you will see georgeous girls andI guess handsome men....though I don't noticethem so much walking round as much as possible wearing their graduation gown.

I am sure the hospitals have multiple addmissions for severe legpains induced by what everywhere else would be a normal amount of walking.

A great time of the year as they all love to have thier photos taken.

Seriously they do deserve congratulations, they have all worked hard and rightfully deserve their moment of glory.

The worst example I've come across of thoughtless Thais not wanting to walk more than a couple of yards is just North of the Maejo traffic lights where they park to shop in the market and regularly block not one, not two, but THREE lanes of the four lane 1001 highway. It's quite incredible.

You forgot to mention that when they want to leave, they simply back out into the remaining lane!

I use a small Tesco in the nearest town. Have to turn against traffic and find parking space for bike. After school, nearly impossible. But the clerks are polite.

what classes are you taking this year PB? :)

Make-up 101 and Ponytail Twisting 201? :D

and i thought yr curls were real

& dont go too heavy on the make up....remember less is more :D